Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-17, 08:10 AM  
Lollie
VF Supporter

No Peloton for Android users

Has Peloton explained why they are not available for android users?
Lollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-17, 09:16 AM  
sherry7899

I think someone had posted that Peloton was "working on" having it set up, but I've never seen an update.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-17, 09:30 AM  
Lollie
VF Supporter

I hope so, I really want to try it. I wonder why they only offered it to Apple users only to begin with? From your comment, Peloton realized they're missing out on a much larger base and I hope they will have it available to android users soon.
Old 01-24-17, 11:39 AM  
sherry7899

I think it's ridiculous to only offer to Apple users. They do have playlists on Spotify if you want to check out the music.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-17, 12:05 PM  
Lollie
VF Supporter

Thanks Sherry!
Old 01-24-17, 01:25 PM  
schoolgirl-01

it's easy to role out apple because it's one operating system. android doesn't have "one" standard operating system so it takes a long time to write the programs for each variant of android and then it takes time to always keep it up to date.

this is the main reason why some products never become available in android to begin with - it's really just a matter of money and time to create.
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-17, 01:31 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolgirl-01 View Post
it's easy to role out apple because it's one operating system. android doesn't have "one" standard operating system so it takes a long time to write the programs for each variant of android and then it takes time to always keep it up to date.

this is the main reason why some products never become available in android to begin with - it's really just a matter of money and time to create.
I thought Android IS the one OS?

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-17, 01:32 PM  
Lollie
VF Supporter

But I would think they would make more money if it was available to all.
Old 01-24-17, 05:55 PM  
jusca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
I thought Android IS the one OS?
Unfortunately and fortunately it's not. It's highly customizable as each manufacturer or individual can make their own variant of Android. Think of Android has having a base everyone can download. Then you can highly customize it with all the bells and whistles you want to add to it. That's the unfortunate part is that you can change so much that apps can crash because it's no longer a single standardized OS like Apple's iOS and under the hood it has different ways of working and you the app developer can't keep track of all the changes different individuals have made to their Android.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-17, 09:07 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

That helps explain why so many apps come out for Apple devices first! It's true though that there's a big audience with droid systems.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote