Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-24, 03:20 PM  
T2B

Hi All,

4. CIZE: HYO x 2. P.M. CIZE: HYO x2
5. STRONG & SWEATY: Boot Camp

Vannie - Cathe’s April rotation is on the Home page, page down to the bottom of the screen or click the Blog/Monthly Rotations header. Cathe hasn’t posted the rotation on her forum in a few months.

Not surprised that you’re crocheting while watching baseball. I like that you get a lot done while watching the game,

JB - I started Cathe’s April Rotation this morning. How’s the weather in your area? Looks like you were getting a lot of rain. Hopefully, no earthquakes.

Cher - isn’t it about time for your yearly trip to Disney?

Hi karjoy!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-24, 06:37 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Resting today as we have our springtime 10 K in the morning. We are very excited because we are doing this purely for fun. We are going to wear pastel tanks, all different colors, and have hair decorations. Our shirts have “Party Pacers” monograms on them. Some of our crew are bringing fireball shots but I think I won’t indulge. The we will go out to brunch. Such fun and the weather will be great.

Vannie how hard is it to learn to do double unders with a jump rope? They encourage us to do them in Burn Boot Camp. They have these plastic jump ropes which are light and easy to use. Is that a rope less rope? Glad you had a good time at the movies!

Cher I have been thinking about you too! I hope you and your family are doing well. Yes, it is about time for Disney, right!? It will soon be too hot.

Thinking about you too Gibbee? Did I remember correctly that you will be able to see the eclipse in totality?

T2B do you do a lot of Cathe rotations?

Waves to you Jbliff.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-24, 09:00 PM  
Vantreesta

T2B, thanks for telling me where to find Cathe's rotation!

Karen, I refuse to bother with double unders. I did try once when I first started (as an adult), but I have zero interest in learning to do them. It sounds like a great way for this klutz to break a bone! I honestly don't push hard most of the time to go fast or anything. Running is my high intensity, I use jumping rope for moderate intensity. My ropeless rope is more like what T2B had described. It's a set of handles with a short but of plastic rope and mine has like foam tubes on the end. Kind of hard to describe. I'll see if I can find a link for a similar one.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-24, 09:01 PM  
Vantreesta

https://lindseylu8.blogspot.com/2012...-rope.html?m=1

This is it!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 04-06-24, 06:38 PM  
JBliff

My workout Wednesday was LITE Cardio Party + calorie crush. Thursday's workout was RwH Back, Shoulders & Biceps. Friday's workout was a walk and RwH Lift It HiiT It Legs.

T2B - I had to move some of the workouts around for the first week in the April rotation and will do that also for the rest of the rotation. It didn't make sense to do Back, Shoulders & Biceps the day after doing Bootcamp. It looks like every week Cathe has a total body weight/cardio workout, followed next day by a heavy weight workout. I think that puts too much stress on the body.

The weather is fine here. It just rained a bunch and it is super windy every day. Glad you didn't get a tornado.

Vannie - That ropeless rope looks pretty cool. I might look into getting one.

Karjoy - Have fun at the race.

Waves to everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-24, 08:18 PM  
Vantreesta

JB, I have to say, I don't really love the ropeless rope. I don't know if I would like a different one better or not. But I don't like that my timing is off without a rope. My wrists turn faster without a rope and everything just feels wrong and out of sync. I don't know if that's just me or if it's a common complaint. But I do like having it when I start to get tired bc it's still better than no rope, imo. I definitely feel I get the best workout with a rope though.

Old 04-06-24, 10:03 PM  
T2B

Hi All,

6. JAZZERCISE: Burlesque 20 min Quick Fix + RWH: Lift It HiiT It Back, Biceps & Shoulders. P.M. Yv2: SS

Yesterday, I picked up some books from the library - latest John Sanford, Preston & Child, and a few others. I’d really like to transition to a reading phase for a bit.

Looks like we are going to see 90% of the eclipse but I can’t find any eclipse glasses, so I’ll be out but I definitely won’t be looking up. . The weatherman said that it may be cloudy on Monday.

JB - LIHI B, B & S kicked my butt this morning. According to my notes, the last time I did the UB LIHI workouts was in 2020. Felt really intense, I reached failure on the last set of back and biceps exercises. I am sore already. I just saw your comments from today. I used lighter weights during Bootcamp, I always think of those as more cardio, and the weight segments are used to boost the cardio effect. Depending on the bootcamp or metabolic workout, we may only do 1 short set of an UB body part exercise, vs 3 sets x 3 of each body part exercise in RWH UB workouts. If Cathe had scheduled RWH Legs after the bootcamp, I probably would have moved things around.

Hi karjoyI hope you had a great race and fun time with your friends. I bet y’all looked so cute and springy!

Vannie - I have the JNL ropeless handles. I still haven’t done Cathe’s Gloved Up jump rope bonus. My plan is to try it with the JNL handles. I haven’t even looked at the bonus segment on GU&S so I’m assuming that Cathe isn’t using a real jumprope.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-24, 03:31 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Vannie, wow I have never heard of a cordless jump rope. What a super cool idea!
Thanks for the link. I really don’t care about learning double unders myself. Seems like a recipe for a fall to me. I think jumproping is like anything else: you have to practice a lot to get good.

T2B oh gosh how neat to be almost in the path of totality. I bet there’s no eclipse glasses anywhere near your area. How old are those Jazzercise DVDs or do you stream? I forget what part of the sun will be covered here but, like you, I don’t have glasses and will mainly note how dim it gets.

We had a great time at the race. We did one minute run, one minute walk intervals. We carried a small sign that said Party Pacers and lots of people ended up joining us for some of the race. We also played some music. The weather was so perfect they had a record turnout. High 40s at the start and mid 50s by the end.

We had homemade craft beer at the end. Then we went to brunch.

Jbliff is it still windy?
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-24, 06:18 PM  
JBliff

My workout Saturday was Les Mills Body Combat + a couple of walking workouts on Youtube. Sunday's workout was a 3-mile walk with DH + RwH Chest, Shoulders & Triceps.

T2B - I try to go as heavy as I can on the bootcamp workouts, so for me lifting heavy again the next day is not good. Those RwH weight workouts are super tough and go so fast. I long for the one-minute break from STS! BTW, Cathe uses a real jump rope in the jump rope bonus for Gloved Up and Sweaty.

I love Preston & Child! Are you reading the Pendergrast series?

Vannie - That's interesting about the ropeless handles. I always wondered why you would just want the handles and now I know.

Karjoy - I'm glad you had fun at your race. The weather sounded perfect. Things are calming down a bit today; the wind has not been as bad as the rest of the week.

Waves to everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-24, 06:28 PM  
Vantreesta

JB, a ropeless rope would be perfect if you were somewhere that didn't have enough room to use a rope. Like a hotel room.