Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-18-20, 03:03 PM  
jordan

Question Sending a Request/Share the wealth DVD

Can someone explain the best way to send a DVD to someone. How much postage in forever stamps? Is there a difference in postage between the slim DVD case and the regular case? Does the envelope need to be padded or is a thin piece of padding inside the case itself sufficient? I’ve looked at different posted responses on the internet and watched a video on YouTube and the information was a bit different on each. My post office is so small and it takes forever to do any business with them that I would like to be able to just drop off a package in the mail box (if that is even an option).

Thanks for any help you can offer,
jordan
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 06:27 PM  
fanofladyvols

Hi Jordan!

Are you sending the SASE to get a DVD sent to you?

Or are you sending a DVD to someone else?

When I mail a DVD out 6 stamps is safe for a padded envelope. I put a piece of bubble wrap, folded paper towel inside the DVD to cushion the DVD inside the case.
A regular envelope isn't enough for my DVDs to travel the rough post office road, lol.

I hope that was what you were asking!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 07:04 PM  
jordan

Yes and thank you for sharing .

Sometimes I read the request the wealth threads and have a DVD but can't decide how to send it. I've looked around at different places and get different answers. My post office is small and you can wait in line forever which is why I stay away if at all possible. So I end up keeping the DVD on the shelf unloved & unused.

jordan
Old 09-18-20, 07:33 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i created a separate thread on what typical packages weigh regarding mailing DVDs in a bubble envelope. it just has the weights - you will need to go to usps.com to calculate the postage.

this way, the thread can be relevant even after postage rates have changed. also, you can select what method (1st class, media mail or other) you want to use.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 07:45 PM  
jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i created a separate thread on what typical packages weigh regarding mailing DVDs in a bubble envelope. it just has the weights - you will need to go to usps.com to calculate the postage.

this way, the thread can be relevant even after postage rates have changed. also, you can select what method (1st class, media mail or other) you want to use.
Thank you. This is very helpful.

jordan
Old 09-18-20, 07:56 PM  
fanofladyvols

Jordan,
When you offer your DVD, you can request they a mail you the self addressed padded envelope with the appropriate postage so all you have to do is pop the DVD in the package, seal it and drop off at the post office without standing in line.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 03:51 AM  
dlb

I recently sent out my SASE to a generous VF'r with 6 stamps. When I received it, I owed the PO .42.
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 06:07 AM  
sherry7899

It is not really possible to figure the cost of postage only by weight anymore. A few years ago they started charging more for distance. Media mail costs does not seem to have changed much. The country is divided into zones. For example, I can mail a record album most anywhere for $3.33, but the cost of sending a DVD by first class can vary by up to fifty cents. I live in NJ. If I send a DVD to the west coast it usually costs about forty cents more. Priority mail packages can cost two dollars more for us to send across the country if they are not the flat rate packages. We sell on Amazon professionally, so I spend a lot of time at the post office.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 12:35 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Yes, in January 2019, 1st class mail sadly became "zoned".
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 09:42 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Media mail for a dvd has been $2.80 for some time. I suggest putting "Media Mail" on the return envelope for a DVD, as the last one I got back said: $.65 due, though they delivered it anyway. That must have been First Class postage.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
postage, postage cost