Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-16-20, 05:27 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

When we woke up this morning, it was 57 degrees, cool for NC in September. We waited until it got over 60 degrees for our walk. Later in the morning, I did a kickboxing barre strength workout; well, part of it. This afternoon, I took DH to his PT appointment.

Anita - Yeah, I'm not creative some mornings either. That's why I like to stock up on themes ahead of time. It probably won't be the last time you overdo it. It's hard not to when you're feeling so good and things are going so well.

Paula - Yeah, everything looked fine at the dermatologist. It's good you found a workout series you are enjoying doing.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-20, 08:40 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Only workout today was Pahla B, Body Sculpting Day 16.

Not much going on today. I'm still working on my clean and organize the kitchen project - got the drawers done today. There are only seven so it's not like I was working hard.

Anita, you continue to impress me with your progress, naps are always good. Our internet was only down overnight day before yesterday. I remember you told us about the Amazon Bookstore and I agree that was a despicable thing to do.

Laura, are you getting ready for wind and rain from the hurricane? Sounds like your day was alot like mine. Yeah I am enjoy this Pahla B series.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-20, 08:05 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus again - now with the naproxen, my pain is pretty much nonexistent! I also like only taking meds twice a day vs every couple of hours with Tylenol. The smoke in the sky passed a bit yesterday - all of a sudden pure blue skies! Today, I'll be doing some cleaning up in the house and getting ready to bring in plants for winter. My friends will be leaving Sunday, so starting to pack things up.

Laura, hope the tropical storm coming your way doesn't do too much flooding in your area! I haven't gone to a dermatologist for a skin check in a looooooooong time - not since teenage acne issues. I've shown some questionable spots to my regular doctor, but he's always dismissed them. Thank you so much for the theme post - that will certainly help for several weeks!

Paula, I'll be reorganizing the kitchens when my friends leave - they've brought up a lot from downstairs up to my kitchen. She's a wonderful cook, but likes to use LOTS of cooking equipment every day! In a way, I'm glad I've kept as much dishware as we've been using - usually I think of my food prep ways of heating a bag in the microwave then snipping a corner and pouring it into my dining dish - that's all! Good luck with your kitchen!

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-20, 05:42 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It has been a wet, dreary, gray, dark, dank day here in NC. We woke up, opened up all the blinds and then had to turn on all the lights. It started drizzling this morning, and we seemed to have somewhere between drizzle and rain most of the day. It has been a wet day, but not a crisis in Raleigh. To the south of us, they are getting more rain and other weather. We seem to be through the worst of it now, although it will continue through the night and into tomorrow. Forecasters forecast that tomorrow will be gray all day, although they say the rain will stop by midday. It's too bad we can't send some of this rain out west!

I went to the grocery store this morning before it really got started. Later, I did part of a Chris Freytag workout on YouTube. Haven't done much more than that today. I have done some crafting and DH and I watched a movie on Apple+.

Paula - Good job getting your kitchen in order. We've only lived here for less than 3 years, so our kitchen is still in pretty good shape. Now, my office/crafting room is a totally different story. I really need to get back to working on it.

Anita - That is such fabulous news about your pain levels - or lack of pain. Bet this seemed too much to hope for a few weeks ago when you had that grinding pain. I had a cancerous mole around 10 years ago and so I've gone for checks pretty regularly since. Fortunately, it did not affect any skin around the mole. Plus, I have psoriasis and rosacea, so I've gone to a dermatologist since I was 13. Of course, these days, those conditions are just fine. I don't even use the creams they prescribe. They aren't active at all att this point.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-20, 07:55 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Sculpting Day 17, Cardio followed by Yoga with Adriene Start Your Day Morning Yoga.

Another day putzing around the house. I'm slowly working through the kitchen, cleaning the cupboards - did the lower cupboards today, all three of them. I'll start on the upper cabinets tomorrow.

Anita, wonderful that your pain is gone! I think it's extraordinary you are pain free so quickly. Like your friend, I like to cook, but I don't like clean up so I try to use tin foil and other ways to reduce clean up. None of my business of course, but maybe you should see a dermatologist for a body scan if you haven't had one in a long time. I go every six months because I have ongoing problems with skin cancer, but I think everyone in our age group would benefit going every three years or so. I even bullied DH into getting one.

Laura, glad the hurricane has only brought gray skies and rain. We have lived here 26 years and this isn't the first time I've cleaned/organized the kitchen. I think the last time was right after the kitchen remodel when we were putting things back in order. But somehow, chaos creepes into cupboards and drawers and you suddenly realize you can't find what you need.
Old 09-18-20, 08:06 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Another cool day here (temps in the 40s, warming to 60s). What's weird is that our weekend will be in the 80s again. Leaves are already changing so fall is coming! Today I've got a PT session to go to as well as picking up some drugs for Gus from the vet. I'm not sure if I'll get a walk in with Gus before that or have my friends walk him while I go to PT. I've got some of my houseplants in already, but will have my friends helping me with the orchids today and tomorrow - they're packing up to leave on Sunday. They will be missed . Other help they'll be doing before leaving is carrying my outdoor decorations into the shed (lots of cement statues) and helping with my porch cover as I don't know how well I can do ladders and climb to the roof quite yet.

Laura, glad you're not getting flooding rains - initially it looked like you'd be getting about 4" in your area. Before Covid, my clinic did have a skin screening day celebrating some holiday (I just remember it was in the summer) and I got a nurse to do a free screen a year ago - no concerns got raised. I just have normal aging spots . Nothing new noted since that screen.

Paula, I definitely do need the Aleve (naproxen) to make it through the day - my body can tell time when it comes to the next dose. I'm hoping that the future might be pain free. I've been doing pretty well on the declutter side - I'm sure I still have some stuff in my file cabinets that can get disposed of. I'm glad I had the extra kitchen stuff downstairs as my friends certainly used every tool and utensil down there. For me, I can easily survive with a scissors and microwave to make meals .

Anita
Old 09-18-20, 09:00 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B. Body Sculpting Day 18 - moderate weights. Followed by Yoga With Kassandra Yin Yoga.

We went to the Dana Point Marina and walked and had lunch. Was a pleasant day - less smoky today. Temps were high, 87 on our car therometer.

Anita, glad the weather somewhere is getting cooler. Glad you were able to get a body scan - for free is even better. Controlling pain with just Aleveis still much better than the prescription stuff.
Guess it's just you and me tonight.
Old 09-19-20, 07:42 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on a lot of yard and house work with my friends before they head out tomorrow. Gathering my orchids in from outside, putting away all my garden sculptures, and taking off my porch cover. They'll be packing up to move away tomorrow. I'll miss them . It was great to live together and know that could work for us - I frankly hope they'll be back sometime.

Paula, glad you had a nice walk with your DH. How's he doing? Has he been in to the doctor yet? We'll be having a warm weekend around 80 - I'd not tolerate another 87 around here!

Anita
Old 09-19-20, 09:34 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Sculpting Day 19, followed by Yoga with Kassandra Morning Stretch.

Anita, so nice that you and your friends got along so well. DH is doing well and has his next appointment on Tuesday morning. It was slightly cooler today and best of all the air is cleaner. We went to the boat today to do some chores and had to wash off all the ash. But we did see blue sky today.