Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-20, 03:47 PM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - Autumn... the year's last loveliest smile. 9/13

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-20, 03:48 PM  
sciencelady

OK, so this morning I posted on the last week's forum - I forgot it was Sunday... So this is the copy of my previous post to get it into the right week...

Good morning!

Planning on getting Gus out for a nice walk today, doing PT and getting some yard work done. Our weather is back to warming up today - near 80!

Laura, yeah, I'm thinking about going back to the WRC in about two weeks - what I did before there felt horrible and now should be lots easier. I'll check with my PT person to see if she'd advise holding off or proceeding.

Paula, I'm sure everything in CA is covered by a little ash - we might even get it in the air above us in the Midwest. I'm hoping it just means pretty sunsets here, but wish it didn't come from fire smoke .

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
Old 09-14-20, 08:12 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Guess I'm talking to myself today . Planning on another Gus walk - I did yesterday's without a cane! No problems. Otherwise planning on putzing around the garden, starting to put things away for winter while I still have friends here this week to help lift heavy things.

Anita
Old 09-14-20, 08:25 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Yesterday was a super tired day. I didn't sleep enough the night before and what sleep I did get wasn't good. So yesterday, I was pretty much a lump. and I didn't touch my computer. I did put together a casserole for DH that I'll cook today. And I did some crafting.

Last night, I slept GREAT. Today I'll get back to exercise. This afternoon, I'll test out the meeting capability in Microsoft Teams with DH, Mom, and a friend. Other than that, it'll be a catch-up day with laundry and maybe going to the chiropractor.

Anita - Thanks for getting us started. It will be interesting to hear what the PT thinks about the WRC. Your walks are certainly going well.

Paula - Ugh. I imagine the ash will continue for a while. I hope the quilt is going well.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-20, 08:18 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was my PT stretches, a two mile Leslie Sansone walk, followed by Yoga with Sara Beth, flexibililty stretch.

Sorry I did not check in yesterday - the internet was down in my entire neighborhood for hours. We didn't get it back until midmorning. Not sure if the fires were involved in the outage.

I discovered Pahla B now has a 30 day body scuplting program. I discovered in on day nine and I've been following it daily and enjoying it. Today was supposed to be a cardio "run" day - I watched what she was going to do and decided it wasn't for me. She was jogging in place for 25 minutes. I knew my foot and hip wouldn't like that so I supstituted a 30 minute walk with Leslie. I'll go back to Pahla tomorrow when it's a strength day.

Anita, Thanks for getting us started. I'm sorry you're getting our ash all the way in MN. Air is a little cleaner today. We took the boat out on the water today for a little get away from the ash and smoke. It was nice - still had some smoke and ash but it was definately nicer on the water. Hope you and Gus had a nice walk. So your friends are staying a while longer - hope you can get the plants in with their help.

Laura, I so understand that "lump" feeling after a night of not sleeping. I've never been one who can function on little to no sleep. Hope you had a productive day with laundry and household chores.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-20, 08:08 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on another Gus walk and stopping by the orchid place here in town to pick up some media - only pick up available from them nowadays - hope my order didn't get stolen last night as it sat in their box all night. Yesterday, i did about a 2.5 mile route without a cane!

Laura, glad you had a good night sleep finally! I've had bad sleep days also and they just leave you feeling yuck...

Paula, sorry about your internet outages . Yeah, I noticed the ash in the sky tinting my world a bit yellow yesterday. Wonder if we'll be dropping a few degrees in temperature from what would be predicted before. Looks like an early fall here! Supposedly the ash is so high that it's not affecting breathing for most people. My friends are leaving Sunday - they'll help get plants in Saturday and clear my backyard heavy things that day also. It'll be weird not having them here any more .

Anita
Old 09-15-20, 07:06 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was a steadily busy day. I had my yearly skin check appointment (four months late) at the dermatologist at 9:15 this morning, so I was out of the house before 9:00. On the way home, I stopped by Whole Foods. After lunch, I went to the chiropractor because my back was feeling wonky. After dinner, I had an online training session.

Anita - 2.5 miles with no cane! Woo hoo!! I hope your order is still there.

Paula - Ugh. No Internet is hard. It's one thing to choose to stay offline and another one entirely to not be able to get online.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-15-20, 07:33 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Possible themes

Crone Cronies - 2020 Feels Like a Test I Didn't Study For. September XX.

Crone Cronies - Life Always Offers a 2nd Chance. It's Called Tomorrow. September XX.

Crone Cronies - Who Says Nothing Is Impossible? I've Done Nothing for Years. Sept XX

Crone Cronies - Don't Worry If Plan A Fails. There Are Way More Letters. September XX

Crone Cronies - She Who Laughs Last Didn't Get It. September XX

Crone Cronies - Maybe If We Tell People the Brain Is an App, They'll USE It. Sept XX

Crone Cronies - Lazy Is Such an Ugly Word. I Prefer SELECTIVE PARTICIPATION. Sept XX

Crone Cronies - 4 Out of 3 People Struggle with Math. September XX

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-15-20, 08:17 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Sculpting Day 15 (Push/Strength) followed by Karen Voight's Yoga Stretch.

Anita, I'm sure it will be hard to adjust when your friends leave. It sounds as though the three of you have a good realationship. Good they will be able to help with the heavy work before they leave. It's feeling a little cooler here too, but not enough to slow down the fires. Walking 25 miles without a cane is making good progress - you rock.

Laura, I hope your derm didn't find any skin cancer. No internet is hard. I haven't been in a Whole Foods for a long time, I am longing to try their vegan pizza. Good theme ideas.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-20, 07:57 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus again - yesterday I did about a 3.5 mile walk (no cane) and think that was a bit too much. Ended up taking lots of Tylenol and napping that afternoon after that walk - Gus still had fun! I'm done with my Tylenol bottle so moving back to naproxen - I'll see how that feels. Otherwise planning on doing some orchid repotting and back yard weeding. The skies still have a weird orangeness to them and less sunshine from the fires out west - no smoke odor though. That makes me feel uneasy.

Laura, got my orchid media, no problem! Will be using it today. Thanks for the potential week themes! Some mornings I'm just not in the creative mood .

Paula, Hope you internet is back up! I'm not a fan of Amazon, so don't go into Whole Foods too often (same owner). They sued a women's bookstore we had in our town named Amazon so that's why I don't like them (the bookstore was named decades before the company).

Anita