Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-12-20, 11:53 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday! Lovely one, I need to get out and take advantage of it. Just breezing through with a walking report - 1.78 miles at the beach while the sun was setting. Saw two great blue herons coming in to roost for the night.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-20, 08:02 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

I did my walk yesterday before my hair appt and then I did day 1 of the Trifecta Pilates challenge. I was just ok with the workout and instructor but I may give it another try.
It seemed like a slow moving beginner-ish kind of routine which isn't really my favorite kind of pilates workout. But it's only 5 days so I'll see how it goes.

PAT, your walk sounds amazing. I actually had to wear long sleeves for my walk yesterday! Nice.

Waves to ROSE & DONNA!

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-20, 08:45 PM  
Rose

Hello!

Well, I have another hurricane to dodge and this one might be way worse for my area. Today was spent carrying my downstairs contents upstairs so I count that as exercise. Tomorrow I will be doing the same and deciding whether to evacuate or not. I use a desktop computer which is unplugged during storms so I won't post for awhile.

For all of the years I've lived here, the few hurricanes haven't given a drop of water. But this year is different so I have to respond to what comes my way.

Hopefully I'll post again by Thursday or Friday. Until then, enjoy the walks and the workouts!

Rose
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-20, 07:24 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Gosh, I forgot to post yesterday. My DD and i resumed training at the horse rescue that we started late in 2019 and had to postpone due to COVID, so "barn chores" were my main workout. I also did CS 1224.

Oh - and i did take a walk outside, too. So I guess it was a pretty good workout day overall

Today i started The Balanced Life challenge and the ePilates barre challenge. I'm also considering doing the CS "Cardio" challenge that starts today w/ a free (as in no membership required) live stream at noon. I am really going to try to do it - and allow myself to take a 30 min break from work to make it happen.

Depending on how I feel about it, I may sign up for a month of CS streaming, but not sure b/c I really should be using stuff I already paid for more!

Anyway - I enjoyed both of these workouts this morning, I have worked out iw/ Robin before but this was my first time w/ Emma from ePilates and i enjoyed this intro to barre class.

Gypsy Rose - I'm sorry you are dealing w/ another storm.

Summer Breeze - Trifecta/Beth does move slowly and instruct a lot. I always say when I do her stuff that I think I would learn a lot and perfect my Pilates practice, but, honestly, I always get a bit bored with the workouts before too long. I am going to try to finish up Days 2-5 of the challenge after I finish up the Robin/ePilates stuff.

Pat - I'm jealous! LOL! The beach walk sounds wonderful.

Hope everyone has a good Monday. We are having the outside of our house painted today so it is going to be interesting trying to work w/ all that going on. I hope my dogs stay quiet.

Waves,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-20, 08:42 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! I ended up walking Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday. It was just too beautiful to go to the gym or workout inside. Yesterday I walked over two miles when DH encouraging me. My feet need a nice soak today, that's for sure.

Donna I love hearing stories when people got back to some pre-COVID activity. Let us know how you like the free live stream.

Oh no, Rose I'm so sorry to learn you may need to evacuate because of another storm. 2020 just keeps on giving, doesn't it?

Summer I wore my insulated vest to the beach Friday night! Yay!!

I loaded some photos of the place where I love to walk in my VF photo albums if anyone wants to see. Have a great day everyone.
Old 09-14-20, 10:59 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a morning walk and so far today I did the weight workout from KCM's Boxfit. She did a grouping of exercises for each body part and then repeated the round a second time. I don't usually like repetition but this worked for me. My heartrate was soaring. I am going for a walk shortly.

ROSE, oh no! Sorry another hurricane is coming your way. Stay safe!

DONNA, that's a lot of challenges you have going on . Thanks for your feedback on Trifecta Pilates. I don't think I'll continue with it. I'm used to Mari Winsor zipping through the pilates routine

PAT, great job walking. What stunning pictures of the beach where you walk! I would love to have somewhere like that to walk. How far are you from the beach?

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-15-20, 07:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I actually did schedule a "meeting" for myself from 12 - 12:30 and i did the CS Live Stream workout w/ Sasha (who is a male, BTW - I believe it is a nickname for Alexander). It was a good routine. While Miranda was certainly innovative in developing her system, she is not always the best person to teach it and I find the other instructors to teach it in a better way - Miranda is just very chatty and as a result she sometimes loses her focus - maybe it is b/c of her doing mainly TV for so long?

Anyway.....

Today, so far, has been:

CS 1128 - Weight Loss - I'm still on the fence about signing up for streaming for a month - on the one hand, I have done it consistently since last Friday and my back and hips feel 100% better - and I know I'd be more motivated to use it if i paid for it - but I do own a lot of content, so there is no reason that I can't use what I have at home. However, the instructors on the streaming site are very good.....Oh and in Season 11 there are two workouts called "weight loss" so I picked the one that was all standing. One of them was supposed to be Day #2 of the cardio challenge.

The Balanced Life - Pilates Strong -Day 2 - nothing unusual in this one - I do like Robin and if her site wasn't so expensive I would probably sign up for a month here and there.

Later today I may do the ePilates Barre challenge which is all floorwork abs today. Or I may do something from Jessica Valent.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Old 09-16-20, 07:51 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Let's see -- yesterday I set another meeting for myself at noon and my DD and i walked Summer (our Golden) for a bit - i also did manage to do Emma/ePilates Barre Challenge Day 2 - which was ab work.

Today, not surprisingly, I succumbed and joined Essentrics Streaming for a month - so this morning was:

Cardio Blast w/ Sasha - this was a standing and floor routine, a bit faster paced, particularly in the standing portions.

I succumbed b/c I really feel so much better when I do CS regularly and I'm thinking that having a plan/subscription may help me to be more consistent. It isn't that I don't enjoy their method, it is just that I like to do a lot of things! So, I think for now, my plan is to try to follow the 30 day plan that came out in April - it includes a morning and evening workout and I am going to try to get them both in -when I can - not making myself crazy. And, then try to fit in some cardio and strength too. In January I mixed CS w/ Jessica Valent's calendar and that went well - so I will probably do the same here.

I am also going to continue to set a meeting w/ myself during the work day to take a 30 min break - whether it be to go for a walk or to do something other than sit at my desk.

Waves, everyone -

Donna
Old 09-16-20, 08:07 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

I walked Monday and yesterday and I also did Trifecta Pilates challenge day 2 yesterday. I liked this routine a little better than day 1. I was still a little sore from KCM on Monday so that's why I went with the pilates. In fact I'm still a little DOMSy today, I guess because I haven't been doing much weight training lately.

DONNA, I definitely need to stretch more.
You have me intrigued with the CS streaming. I do have many of the dvds but I just don't make the time to do them and I know it's so beneficial. I just could never get into yoga even though I tried. Good job getting some midday exercise too.

ROSE, hope you're well and safe!

Hi, PAT.

Have a great day!
Old 09-16-20, 10:28 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!!!

I had a sluggish day. I woke up at 2:30 on Tuesday morning and barely made it through work. In the evening I forced myself to do my back stretches and went for a walk around the neighborhood. It was crazy - we had milky-ish gray skies and the sun was a blazing red ball from the west coast fires haze.

Summer - the beach where I usually walk is about 8 minutes away. It's actually right at the mouth of where a large river empties into the Long Island Sound. I much prefer Winsor too - you know in 20 minutes you're done with a thorough routine and usually it flows well.

It sounds like the Essentrics stream was enjoyable, Donna. I like Miranda but she loses me with uneven sides and chatting.. My favorite teacher during my ETV subscription was Meg. I wish they would put some of Meg's workouts on DVD, I'd pay for that.

Sending prayers to Rose - as of this morning Sally is a cat-2 storm.

Tags
bobandbrad