Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-20, 07:17 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Pahla B - Body Shaping Challenge Day 6 - Walking w/ Weights
Yoga w/ Kassandra - Morning Yoga Challenge Day 6

Dana - I'm sorry to hear about the bad news about your friend. Yea, life is tough sometimes for sure and I feel this year has been rough for so many people and for the world in general.

The weather is nice here today - no real plans to do anything, but at least the humidity is low and it is a three day weekend.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 09:24 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday ended up being a rest day for me. I didn't really need "rest", but I was ready to just do nothing when I got home from work, so that's what I did.

I am really feeling the need to do some strength training these days. That move where you have to get up from the floor without using your hands is almost impossible for me any more - or at least very, very, difficult - and that concerns me. I had thought that once I lost weight it might be more manageable, but I'm not seeing that even though I've lost 16 pounds.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet - right now, I have it narrowed down (probably temporarily) to a paper program with Lauren Gleisberg (which one would be the question) or Cathe's LITE set. The LITE set using the shorter premixes might be the easiest to do because my motivation tends to lag sometimes using a paper program. On the other hand, I really like Lauren's first weight training program (which is not available anymore) and had good success following it before even though it was a paper program. She also has a post-natal program that starts out more slowly than her first weight training program - but is it so slow that I'll get bored? Decisions, decisions.

Donna - Oh wow! That would be a lot of perkiness. I might have to throw something at the TV, iPad or whatever device was being used. The only combo perkier might be Pahla B and Cassey Ho.

Dana - Sorry about your friend! You are right - life can be really hard. I've thought about Jazzercise, but I'm thinking it's just too fast moving and high impact for me - but maybe it's not what I'm thinking it is. I'm secretly hoping that you will try it and give us a report.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 09:31 AM  
fanofladyvols

Dana whatever it was ..HUGS!!
(⊃。•́‿•̀。)⊃ I don't know if it is the heightened stress but news of things that happen I am taking harder. Take the time you need to recover.

Donna that looks like a great combo of workouts!

Carol that's hilarious about your ex. I hope you are able to enjoy your weekend. My teacher friend says her distance learning students keep increasing and she's currently at 33% in person attendance.

Yesterday was Ramp it up. The floor work toed the line of Linda elimination. The abs section also felt a little excessive but the majority of the workout was good mix of bodyweight and bands. Very easy to eliminate impact, too. This morning was CS #1217 Stretch your spine which was very nice. May not be able to do anything else because of company.

Happy Saturday everyone!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 10:04 AM  
cherimac

I am here. I took an entire week off of workouts. I had worked eleven days straight and needed to stop. For the next month and a half, my hours at BBW will be short enough to let me get things done a d enjoy Fall.

I will check on Monday!
Old 09-05-20, 01:10 PM  
donnamp

Cheri - glad to see you - I'm glad your schedule will be more manageable!

Carol - LOL, that would be perkiness overload. I want to finish this rotation, but i keep thinking about others, LOL - always....

Good work, Linda. I haven't done the "slim" workouts in a long time, but I do remember lots and lots of reps...

DD and I went for a walk and then I did some stretching afterwards, the weather is gorgeous here today.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 09:44 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workouts were

Walk - 35 minutes;
Lauren Gleisberg - Week 1, Day 1, Upper Body - 15 minutes

I ended up choosing Lauren's Postnatal weight training program because it starts out so gradually (1 set of most exercises) and increases in intensity throughout the program. Bonus - since it's a paper program, there's no baby talk. For the first 4 weeks, there are only 3 weight training workouts a week, and one cardio, which is simply walking. She has you add on some stretching or foam rolling as well. It feels very manageable - I think I can still do some of Michelle's stuff as well.

Donna - no harm in planning ahead. We had a lovely day here as well. Tuesday and Wednesday next week are supposed to be on the cool side - lows in the 30s. I saw a forecast for Denver for the next four days, and it went something like this: high of 97 (Saturday), high of 98 (Sunday) high of 93 (Monday) and high of 38 (Tuesday) - so I guess that's what we will be getting a taste of.

Cheri - Glad your schedule will be settling down. A girl needs some rest from time to time, not to mention some time to get her chores done.

Linda - We are running at about 8% of our students doing distance learning. When we extended the mask requirement to the preschool side that made a lot of parents more comfortable and they opted to return their children to school. Of course, it irritated some folks as well. Can't please them all.

Waves to all ~

Carol
Old 09-06-20, 08:17 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

This morning I did Gina B's "Exclusive" playlist she sent out to her subscribers. It was a playlist consisting of her existing youtube workouts and it was fun! Some dance moves, great music and lots of energy. Total time about 60 minutes.

Gina's Youtube workouts:

Warm up
Beyonce Mix
JLo Mix
5 Minute Standing Abs
2000 Steps in 20min

My friend passed away last week. Even though I knew she had a terminal illness, she was diagnosed just few months ago and her death so soon shocked me. I was just in touch with her and I didn't see it coming that soon. I'm devastated. When I say friend, I mean a REAL friend whom I've known for decades. I'm an introvert and I don't really need friends or people around me, but she was an exception. I miss her.

It's a rainy, gray day here today. My kind of day. Love it!

Waves to all!
Old 09-06-20, 11:21 AM  
cherimac

I am totally in flux right now. I wanted something completely different than what I've been doing so I signed up for PBL for a month to do her Spring into Summer Challenge. I really enjoyed the workouts today and am so much stronger doing them since I've done Pilates in it's more traditional forms the last two and a half years.

Sping into Summer Lean Legs Workout
Adore Your Core Strong Back Workout

Dana~I'm so sorry about your friend. Hugs and prayers.
Old 09-06-20, 04:52 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workouts were

Pilates by Lisa: Neck Friendly Abdominal Workout - 20 minutes; Graceful Flow Stretching Routine - 17 minutes

Since I only have 3 weights workouts a week, I decided to add on Lisa's Spring into Summer Challenge. It's my favorite of all of her challenges since she uses a lot of the "spring into summer" workouts and I seem to find those a little easier than her other workouts.

I've done a bit of drawer/cabinet purging this weekend. I emailed myself work home to do but I haven't touched it.

Cheri - Glad you are enjoying Lisa at the moment.

Dana - So sorry about your friend's passing. It's just hard, even if we know it's coming.

Carol
Old 09-06-20, 06:22 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana having JLo and Beyonce in one workout sounds fantastic. I'm sorry about your friend. Not sure there's ever enough time to prepare to lose a real friend. Big Hug

Carol that's a pretty low distance learning enrollment. I think your plan sounds like one that should be safe and still challenging.

Donna our weather is gorgeous this weekend, too, and made having company even more pleasant. And yes, the Sin6 workout I did today had lots of reps!

I did Burn it up today and was surprised at the number of reps in the leg floorwork. I could never see doing this workout four times a week! My hats off to all of you who did this workout as intended. Since the presentation is rather dry I muted it and just listened to my own club music mixes loudly and had a good time. It's pretty easy to follow along without listening. I skipped the floor ab work because I have done so much ab work with this series, Taebo and my pilates.

Extra Sunday waves to Cheri and Christine!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote