Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-02-20, 09:02 AM  
buffmama

week 4

9/21:
3 min meditation
Well + Good Pilates Full Body Workout - 10 min (on all 4s)
Mr and Mrs Muscle 20 min Full Body Burn - 22 min
Mr and Mrs Muscle 30 Day Challenge Day 4 - 10 min
Brett Larkin 10 min Dynamic Vinyasa Flow - 11 min

9/22:
Morning Affirmations - 2.5 min
The Girl with the Pilates Mat 30 min Full Body - 29 min
Heather Robertson No Repeat HIIT - 30 min
Mr and Mrs Muscle 30 Day Challenge Day 5 - 13 min
Yoga with Shaunnaca Twist and Lengthen - 23 min

9/23:
Inspiring Morning Affirmations - 2.5 min
The Girl with the Pilates Mat 30 min Energizing Full Body - 30 min
Mr and Mrs Muscle Upper Body HIIT no. 70 - 16 min
Mr and Mrs Muscle 30 Day Challenge Day 7 - 13 min
Gone Adventuring Arms in 5 - 5 min
Tracey Mallet Lower Body Sculpting - 4 min
Heart Alchemy Yoga Neck and Shoulders - 25 min

9/24:
Louise Hay Positive Affirmations - 5 min
Move with Nicole 20 min Total Core - 19 min
Caroline Girvan Day 1 Beginner Epic - Legs - 32 min
Mr and Mrs Muscle 30 Day Workout Challenge Day 8 - 17 min
Boho Beautiful Gentle Yoga to Feel Your Best (Handsfree Leg Stretch) - 17 min

9/25:
Louise Hay Positive Affirmations - 5 min
The Girl with the Pilates Mat 15 min Resistance Band Pilates Moves Me Episode 2 - 17 min
Heather Robertson Tabata Cardio and Abs; Booty - 31 min
Mr and Mrs Muscle 30 Day Challenge Day 9 - 10 min
Yoga with Tianna Yoga for Hips - 13 min (eh)

9/26:
Louise Hay 5 min Affirmations
Lottie Murphy Everyday Pilates - 20 min
Heather Robertson No Repeats Mash Up - 47 min
Mr and Mrs Muscle 30 Day Challenge Day 10 - 8 min
Yoga with Tim 10 min Morning Stretch and Flow - 10 min

9/27:
Louise Hay 5 min Affirmations
Trifecta Pilates Power Flow - 22 min (really liked and I usually prefer her slower stuff)
Heather Robertson Week 6 Day 1 Shoulders and Chest - 37 min
Mr and Mrs Muscle 30 day Challenge Day 11 - 9 min
Heart Alchemy Yoga Quarantine Yoga for Hips and Shoulders - 33 min
Old 09-02-20, 09:07 AM  
buffmama

Quick drive by shout out to my workout buddies. Happy belated birthday Sandy - sorry I missed it. Even more sorry you've been re injured. Hope this is a quick rehab.

I've been hiking and trying to keep us fed with nourishing foods. My endurance and strength both seemed to be up so I'm thinking of continuing with this rotation. Back to work today and we'll squeeze in a few more hikes before school starts - it's now been delayed til the 20th. I'll post my workouts as soon as possible. I got in a meditation, pilates and short yoga most days before hiking and some arm work with Mrs Muscle.
Old 09-02-20, 12:58 PM  
Vantreesta

Today I'm thankful for the warm comfortable smell of Cyric's soft coat and the way he wraps his paws around my forearms for our mind meld and the way he runs to me for attention whenever I sit down.

Uh oh, buff, we gotta keep these girls in line! Nice job on the hiking!

Sandy and Helen, sorry for the injuries. I hope they heal quickly.

Helen, you are so much braver than I am! I have rollerblades from HS and I keep thinking I want to try them out again but I'm too chicken. I don't wanna hurt myself!

Not sure what this week will be for workouts. I had plans but I've already messed that up and I may just focus on the house this week and start fresh next week.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-20, 07:51 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Did 6 perfectly fine jumps in roller skates, landing backwards,
I can't even imagine what this is supposed to look like! Oh my. Yeah to you for being able to do it at all, sorry the 7th one took you down.
Old 09-03-20, 07:55 AM  
buffmama

Sandy - How did you like Dansique Fitness? I've seen her stuff but haven't tried it. Also realized I was spelling Katja's name wrong in addition to Ange's and Jessica's on occasion. Hard to imagine how much I'm still liking Scrabble.
Old 09-04-20, 07:02 AM  
Vantreesta

Wrote this last night but forgot to post!

Today I'm thankful for cooler weather and music. This morning I did day 25 of the DYY challenge before our 3 mi walk then I bounced on my rebounder for 10 min and finished with a Dark Horse Rowing stretch. I was finally able to pry the batteries out of my elliptical and i also emailed them back with the serial number and stuff. A power adapter will cost $35. Cheaper than batteries for the life of it!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 09-04-20, 07:41 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Sandy - How did you like Dansique Fitness? I've seen her stuff but haven't tried it. Also realized I was spelling Katja's name wrong in addition to Ange's and Jessica's on occasion. Hard to imagine how much I'm still liking Scrabble.
I had bookmarked classes in the past and never did them. When I was doing the Cassey classes, a Dansique class was recommended for butt/thigh, so I did it and found it effective. I looked for another on another day and liked it even more. I didn't find her to be annoying or someone I can't live without, so OK but not earth shattering.

I will finish out my Caroline week, but that is all of her I can take. Cassey bubbly OK; Caroline bubbly annoying.
Old 09-04-20, 10:00 PM  
Helen

BUFF
The jumping was over little cones, approach forwards, jump - twist mid-air & land facing backwards.

VANNY
I'm almost thinking about hanging up my skates, but I have two pair, one for indoors, one for out (they take different wheels & I hate the time it takes to change them over) and they're ~$1000 per pair, and only a year or so old, so reluctant at the moment.
As to batteries versus power cord, for anything - I'd always take a cord unless it desperately needs to be portable to somewhere like a park. That Nicola Tesla's wireless power never came to fruition often frustrates me that it mostly ground to a halt due to the difficulty of the billing for it.

SANDY
What did you do to your butt? It must have been in last month's thread that I didn't get back to.

Weather change - finally became warm enough to NEED to clip Alice. At the moment she's only partially done - fully looking like a poodle with a close-cut midriff & wooly front & back ends. That took an hour, but should finish her this weekend.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 06:58 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
SANDY
What did you do to your butt? It must have been in last month's thread that I didn't get back to.
Copy/Paste from August Thread:
I am my own worst enemy... I was getting excited for fall trail running feeling like most of my chronic niggles were under control. I had built miles up very slowly this year. Well, track sessions involve some 400 m walking, some jogging, and some running. Last Sunday was my third track session. In the previous two, each of the four running segments got faster than the previous on that day. So on this Sunday, I had done three of my runs, and I saw that time was faster than any of the 8 400 meters from the previous track sessions, and I thought wow, how am I going to top that time? I got going and felt really good, pushing but not crazy, right up until the final turn, and POW... strain in my right butt cheek. I pulled up and hobbled the last half straightaway and even finished only 3 seconds slower than the last lap, so it would have been an excellent time had I been able to continue running. Well it's four days later, and I'm doing all the rehab I know slowly improving, but I have to ask myself why I am so dumb? I didn't need to push myself to run a faster lap. What would it really accomplish? The chance of injury was always a more likely outcome than some minimal running improvement.

Updates:
It's now 13 days since the track session. I am viewing it as a nerve issue rather than muscular at this point. This week I have been doing Sciatic Pain videos, and I am seeing some improvement.
Old 09-07-20, 09:51 PM  
Vantreesta

We hiked Sat and Sun, almost 6 mi and almost 8 mi. Today I went for a walk by myself (couldn't pick Cyric up till afternoon), did CLX Burn Circuit 1 and TurboFire Stretch 10 then watched baseball. Unfortunately, hubby had to go in to work all day. I have been fighting off a migraine all day and didn't feel like cooking so picked up Panda Express for supper.

Wow, Helen, those are some spendy skates! I'd have a hard time retiring them too! I ordered the power adapter the other day, hoping it won't take long to get here.