Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-28-20, 04:13 AM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

Hi Everybody, today I did Jessica Smith's Cardio Party from Transformation System Disc 1.
Old 07-28-20, 05:14 AM  
dlb

Good morning,
1 1/2 hour weeding before I had to start my paying job. I need to get cardio in, the weather has been less humid, I may try to get a walk in before the day is over. I'll also have to do more weeding & trimming over grown bushes before I start work today. It's never ending..

Debbie
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 06:09 AM  
Cher

Thanks Jane for starting this check-in. I’d like to join. I’ve been exercising forever but the last few years I’ve been slacking off more and more. I had sciatica which was caused from a very tight Piriformis muscle back in December and it really set me back with what I could do until about early March and skipping workouts and a week here and there since then (and really even for the last year or so). I really dread strength work and now I’ve lost a lot of strength so need to get back on top of that. I would much rather do a step workout or go for a walk.

Last week I started back again after another couple weeks of skipping my workouts. I did Cathe’s Upper & Lower Body add-on workouts from her Basic Step dvd twice each last week along with some light cardio. I managed to do some type of workout every day last week except Sunday. Happy with that.

I’m hoping this check-in will help me stick with it a bit more.

Workout yesterday was Leslie’s 10 minute Brisk & Steady and Cathe’s ICE Metabolic Total Body Tismesaver Mish Mosh premix. I love this premix. It’s only 30 minuets and makes this workout much more doable for me.

Pam - You should try the ICE premix I did. It cuts out a lot of the harder exercises and makes it much more doable. Of course, I also use lighter weights than Cathe for most exercises.

SquishyMommy - I don’t have a spin bike but I really want one. I have a regular stationary bike but rarely use it.

Debbie - I spend way more time “researching” fitness dvds than actually doing them!

GypsyRose - I have a few of Margaret’s dvds that I should pull out again.

Jane - I really like Kathy Smith. I need to pull a few of hers out to do also.

Glavtx - I really need to add in more stretching. That is part of the reason my piriformis muscle got so tight and gave me problems.

Waves to everyone else!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 07:52 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hello everyone,

Monday I did Exhale Core Fusion Basic Barre for Beginners. Not an especially easy workout, as the title would lead me to believe. ;-) Only did the first four sections and it was a good leg/thigh burner, for sure! This DVD has an added tutorial section that's a nice bonus, also!

Welcome, Cher!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 09:32 AM  
RHend

Hi Everyone!

Once upon a time I was a member of this check-in and when I saw it was "restarting" (LOL), I thought I'd join again.

I've been away from VF for awhile, started to rejoin a couple months ago and got a bit overwhelmed, so I backed off. I still visit to read posts pretty regularly. It's nice to see how many people have been here for a long, long time and how many are new!

Ok, I'm rambling.

Yesterday, I did about 30 minutes of Leslie's walk app workout for the day (it was Tone Every Zone). I'm not renewing the app because I need to cut some costs down (I've got a sick, 16 year old kitty that just had diagnostic tests and is on meds to improve her quality of life. We have decided not to do aggressive treatment.).

Ooops, rambling again.

Anyway, I haven't worked out yet today. I am planning on treadmill walking and later on do my back and core rehab exercises. Also, does petting the kitty and giving meds count as a workout?

Hope all of you are well!
Old 07-28-20, 12:35 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hello,

I'm back again to post today's Tuesday workout. I did Exhale Core Fusion Pure Abs and Arms and it was another good one! I only had a six ft. stretch band and could have used a seven ft. for some of the exercises. Best part of this DVD was the nice hip stretches at the end. Great bonus, even though hips weren't the focused body part.

Welcome, Randi. Sorry you have sick kitty. My sweet baby girl kitty is thirteen and in remission now and doing great! We just took her off of chemo pills and steroids after two years, and she seems to be doing fine!

Have a good day all!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 02:33 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I did an extra 11 minutes on the treadmill after dinner last night and am going to plan on doing that again tonight.
Today, barely over an hour on the treadmill, stretches and waist stuff. I spent way too much time pacing around while on hold trying to find out where my Instacart order was. But, at least I was moving. Kroger got me a refund, cause the order never arrived. Very frustrating, but if that's the worst thing that happens to me, I'm a very lucky woman.

Randi, if your cat is like mine, giving a pill IS a workout! I ramble all the time, so don't feel alone in that, either.

Pam, I have that Core Fusion, and actually considered doing it the other day. Maybe if I pull it out and put it by the t.v., it'll happen.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 06:08 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello! Today was Margaret Richard's Strong & Limber for Life. It was a good, solid DVD. Time was only 1/2 hour so I didn't feel fatigued. That's the sure way for me to end any exercise program- going in too enthusiastically and injuring myself.

Enjoy the day!

Rose
GypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-20, 04:05 AM  
dlb

Hello all,
Yesterday was weeding/trimming 1 1/2 hours, mowing & weed wacking "puppy yard" (small fenced in area my dogs use for bathroom breaks) & 10 minutes on my recumbent bike.

I decided to take a vacation day today to try and finish the trimming. We have a large yard with garden beds. I try to avoid weed killers as I have lots of rabbits that hang out. I disgress, sorry.

Debbie
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-20, 05:59 AM  
Cher

Yesterday was about an hour walk with my sister-in-laws puppy. 💕. She lives down the street from me so I can go “borrow” her puppy whenever I want.

Randi - I hope your cat starts doing better.

glavtx - I have only tried getting groceries delivered from Kroger once and it was not a good experience so never tried it again.

Debbie - Sounds like your yard work was a workout in itself.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
miracle mile