Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-18-20, 08:32 PM  
horusosiris

Cataddict -my heart goes out to you and your husband. Watula was loved and so blessed to have the two of you. Watula has this group as her name sake.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 10:39 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oh, I'm so sorry, Cataddict, I know there are just no words. My heart is aching for you and your husband. Watula was one of a kind and you were so lucky to have each other. Thank you for sharing her with all of us too. Please take care of yourself!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 01:16 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh Cataddict, I'm so sorry! Very sad news. Sending you a big hug!
Old 09-19-20, 01:17 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Thanks, Watulan friends! I so appreciate our group! It's been very tough. My other guys are paying me extra attention. It's sweet how I feel they are trying to comfort me, and I'm comforting them as well. We all miss her, and none of us has lived in this house without her.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 03:47 PM  
lavna

I'm so sorry for your loss Cataddict. Sending you hugs!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 04:55 PM  
manleym

I am so very, very sorry Cataddict. We all know how much of a loss this is for you. Sweet little Watula's name lives on in our group. BIG hugs to you.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 05:08 PM  
manleym

Hi Fierce Friends!

Looks like I've inherited Horusosiris computer woes. My laptop won't connect to the internet. DH and I have tried everything we know to do. Worked fine just a few days ago so don't know what happened. Hopefully I can take it in to be fixed on Monday. Grrr!!

So quick post for my workouts. Thursday I did Christi Taylor Mission Possible both workouts. I received this in a trade recently and have to say it's not my favorite Christi. I kept waiting for the Hi part in the Hi/Lo section. Seemed like ALOT of low. Now to be fair, my most used Christi is Totally Hot Cardio, so that sets the standard REALLY high, but this just didn't do a whole lot for me.
Friday I did Cathe's Fit Tower Total Body and LOVED it! This is also new to me and well worth getting! I don't have the Fit Tower so the pull ups were the only move I couldn't do. I tried using The Firm Sculpting Stick over 2 TV trays, but obviously it didn't work. I'll either have to find an alternative move or I might try to buy an over-the-door pull up bar. Don't know about buying one for 3 workouts.
Today I did another new-to-me workout - Amy Bento's Cardio Pump Step. I really liked it! It was a great introduction to Amy's step workouts. Not too hard, but a good, fun workout. The step section is 24 minutes, so it would be great for a quick, fun, easy to follow workout. I also liked the weight section, even though it was a little short. She had some different moves, which was good for me - physically and mentally.
I followed Amy's workout with UDAYA's Michael James Wong Organized Chaos. It was SO different - in a good way! Bee it's worth doing!

I think next week I'm going to continue working through new-to-me workouts. Some Cathe, some Tracie, some Amy...and obviously some UDAYA.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend! Please take good care of yourselves and stay safe. Hugs and waves to all!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 08:59 AM  
ChelePA

I’ve been doing a hodgepodge of workouts. I try to do a Kat step video daily to learn her moves. It’s definitely adding a fun factor since Step is my favorite type of exercise. I’ve also added some abs and yoga chapters. I caught Live PHA 2020 the other day. It’s such an excellent total body workout. Made me sad when she said something like this will be the best year yet. If only!!!! Today I’m revisiting the Nate workout from Facebook. Would love another collaboration. He has such energy!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 01:47 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello Friends!

manleym, what a bummer about your computer woes! Seems like that's going to make things difficult for you! Ug! Thanks for the Organized Chaos recommendation -- that's what I did this morning. I really like him -- he's so positive -- so funny when he said "**** **** **** -- sorry, Mom". The practice itself was not my favorite -- I like holding poses longer than having quick flows, which this seemed to be more of. Wow, that flow was so crazy! I do appreciate it for being something different and it's the first time I've ever tried that grasshopper pose.

Oh, and in case anyone cares.... I realized I gave the wrong name for an instructor I liked on the Inner Dimensions site -- I said Bethany but her name is Brittany. The practice I did was Bending Wisdom.

I should go for a walk before it gets too hot here -- I feel like I need one plus I'm listening to a great book right now so all I want to do is listen to it.

Cataddict, I think about you every time I pet Hobbes here. xox
Old 09-20-20, 07:08 PM  
Mickey12

Hi everyone, today my husband and I went to Ricketts Glen State Park. We haven’t been there for 30 years!! It’s a little over an hour from our house. We hiked 7.5 miles though old, old hemlock trees and pretty tiny, thin streams and waterfalls. Our summer has been really dry so there wasn’t much water but on the bright side, the park is notorious for slippery rocks and with the dry weather, we only hit a few wet spots. We hiked a moderate trail and there were plenty of hills for us. We were pooped when we got done. It was another gorgeous day and I’m so glad we got out to enjoy the day.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in