Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-11-20, 01:00 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Jules: call me crazy, but I love when Cathe does sit-and-stands...in any workout! The whole series is very dated, but it's good because it's so basic.
So sorry to hear you're starting to feel unwell. I hope it passes very quickly. Body Pump is always good.
The two Body Max workouts are wicked. I have them but they are so long I'm just waiting for a day when I can fit them in.
Yeah...sure....that's my excuse. ;-)

Today I did Pure Strength Strong Legs & Abs. Yup, those sit and stands are there! I went way way heavier than Cathe and my legs and butt were sure feeling it. I was actually glad for the floor work. Still burns like crazy but at least you can recline a little. Hahahaha.

Have a goodie!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-20, 02:35 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Ow. Ow. More ow. Pretty sore from Pure Strength Legs yesterday. So what do I to today? Cathe's Maximum Intensity Cardio! Ow! My legs were feeling pretty dead for a while but then I got pretty warmed up. Good, basic, intense cardio. I did modify a bit but tried to keep the impact the same as the gang.

The floor cardio was tougher than the step cardio to me. Although my HR got up more with the step segment. I also just used my riser because it had been SO long since I had done this one that I didn't remember anything about it. REALLY good cardio workout! And I'm sure feeling the double whammy on my legs.
Yoga was "aahhhhhh" as I did a nice stretch practice, nothing crazy.

Happy Wednesday!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 02-13-20, 12:17 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Mommy, Cathe was mean to me!
My legs were SO sore last night I almost had trouble walking. Inner thighs and hip flexors were screaming. REALLY have to not do that again...two hard core Cathe leg workouts back to back. Or perhaps not a leg workout and a step workout back to back. I think it's the stepping that got me.

But today is better. Still sore but I focused on just upper body today with P90x Plus Upper+ and Abs-Core+. I was going to do a Michelle Dozois workout but I really didn't want to tax my legs so much today.
Do you know I hadn't done that workout since 2012!?!? Must have slipped though the cracks although I think I avoided it because a large part of both workouts includes pullups and hanging abs. Now I'm getting better at them both so it was good.

Hope you're all well. More Yoga for me later.

Old 02-13-20, 01:01 PM  
Jules

Wow Kate! You are working hard this week! I bet your leg muscles would eventually get used to those workouts if you did them more often, although there are too many workouts to stick to the same ones, right?

I went downhill skiing yesterday. I fell once and my neck is a little sore today. I was a little short on time this morning and did Cathe's MMA Boxing - always a good one. My neck was sore during the core work, so I was careful.

I think I kicked the cold I was fighting off. Yeah! It seems like all the teachers are sick right now. I must wash my hands 20 times a day!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 12:07 PM  
Jules

Happy Valentine's Day!

Just did BodyPump 84 and it was super fun! I decided I am going to revisit all the older BodyPumps in my library and work my way up. I am noticing that the pre-Reebok workouts have music that you can sing along with if you like. Also, the breaks in between exercises are a bit longer and I can go heavier with my weight selection. I love the newer BodyPumps too, but they have an intense crossfit feel to them, whereas the older releases have more of a party vibe to me. It's all good!

Have a great weekend!
Old 02-14-20, 12:39 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi Jules! I love downhill skiing but we don't have the mountains in MN like you do in MT. But there is a lot of downhill in the state. Hope your neck is ok.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the older Body Pumps with Mike McSweeny! He is so inspiring and HOT stuff if you ask me.

Ever since I started adding in more Cathe workouts, I've been sore more. I think that's a good thing..means I'm working my body in a different way. But I'm glad my legs aren't so sore today.
But I still didn't feel like anything super intense so I popped in another Body Jam workout. Still dorky but still fun and I got the cardio bump I was looking for. Fun stuff!

Happy Valentines Day!

Old 02-17-20, 03:06 PM  
Jules

Happy Presidents Day! The kids and I got the day off from school and so I did an extra long workout: BodyMax 2! Feeling the endorphin high now.

My daughter had a 2 hour b-ball practice on Saturday morning again, so I took over the old gym at school and did BodyCombat 78 and 45 minutes of Ultimate Yogi Detox.

My muscles are really tight lately, and I am working on some alignment issues that I have had in the past, so I really need to do extra stretching each day for my hips and lower back. It's not a huge deal, but could lead to injury if I don't stay on top of it.

I hope everyone's week is starting off great!
Old 02-19-20, 12:12 PM  
Jules

It's a bluebird day outside here today - lots of sunshine. Too bad my daughter has tonsillitis again with a fever. She just got over it right before Christmas and it lasted a couple weeks that time. It was viral and it looks to be the same this time.

I did a great workout this morning! BodyPump 85. The cast members are top-notch and I love the cool-down song so much: "Forever" by SIX60. This workout features some intense plyo jumping off the step in the lunge track, which they never did again, so people must have complained. I thought it was fun and different.

Yesterday I did an 84 minute Studio Sweat SpinCore with Rebecca. Such a great calorie-crusher!

Half-way thru the week! Hope everyone is feeling good.
Old 02-19-20, 05:27 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey Jules. We're having some good sunny days finally too. Cold but a great warmup on the way! If your daughter keeps fighting with tonsillitis will they just remove them? I had mine taken out when I was about 4.
Those Studio Sweat classes sound good. I even went and took a peek.
Have you looked at or tried any of those Hybrid Workouts on LMOD?

Catching up:
Monday I did Cathe's MIS. It's been AGES since I did this. Didn't even have log notes. Good basic, straightforward heavy lifting. It felt great.
Tuesday a little Michelle D and Peak 10 More Cardio Interval Burn. New to me and great fun!!! I love her workouts! She makes me work and has such high energy.

Today was Cathe's Circuit Max. Another one I haven't done in AGES. No log notes again it's been so long. Another workout I reacquired and it was really quite fun. Definitely more cardio focus..the compound weight work was fast paced so I stuck with 8s and 10s.

Back later with more. Keep crushing it !

Old 02-20-20, 10:21 AM  
Jules

Good Morning! I am waiting to hear if I need to go in to work this morning. One of the other special ed aides called in sick, and if all the students are present I said I could be there by 9. Often there are students missing and they don't need me.

My daughter is still very sick and I am trying to get her to eat and drink this morning. She usually gets strep or viral tonsillitis just once per winter, so it is unusual that she has had it twice so far this year. I suspect she hasn't been sleeping enough (teenagers!) and the intense b-ball practices and games have worn her down. She is an excellent student, thank goodness, so she can make up her missed school work pretty easily. Doctors are not recommending tonsillectomy so often these days as there is some evidence that it can affect one's immune system down the road. Both my husband and I had tonsillitis frequently as kids, and outgrew it. Hopefully our daughter will too!

I am planning to do an hour of step aerobics today. Nothing crazy - maybe Step Blast.

Kate - Sounds like a Golden Oldies week for you! I used to do MIS and Circuit Max all the time back in the late 90's. MIS was the workout that sent me to the sporting goods store to buy a barbell! Circuit Max is good too - I like how she mixes up the cardio in that one. I haven't tried any of the LMOD Hybrid workouts yet. I guess I am stuck in a rut, LOL.