Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-17-20, 11:33 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was PHA 3. This workout always makes me sweat like crazy.

Cher - Is your thyroid doctor visit just a follow-up? You sure get to milk your birthday for a while .

Karjoy - That is a very sad statistic.

Hi to Vannie and Gibbee.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-20, 07:51 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Cher: How was your appointment?

JB: I was seeing the chiropractor for a rib out of place and he has adjusted my elbow 3x... SO much better!

Karen: We have been able to see a haze in the air for a day or two but the smell of the California fires has reached us. Fairly strong - stronger than I would have anticipated.

Vannie: Hope all is well.

Check in: Workouts are pretty lackadaisical. Can hardly sleep at night and I know I'm not eating like I should. The stress is getting to me, I guess.

DH was denied a transfer to the LTAC hospital. Insurance says he might need to go to a nursing home. So the battle between the hospital and insurance continues. DH has not changed much. I believe he completes his antibiotics course Saturday. He is puffy today. Still doesn't want to eat much. Still mentally out to lunch. I'm afraid to even think about the future at this point.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 08:01 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 45 minutes on the elliptical.

Gibbee - I'm glad to hear the elbow is better. It's strange the insurance company would want your DH to go to a nursing home given his condition. I am not surprised you are stressed out. I'm in awe of how much you get accomplished, really.

We are still having great weather this week. A little bit of rain but quite cool.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 09-18-20, 08:48 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. We are finally getting a much needed break from the heat. It’s still hot, but the temps are definitely coming down some. Yesterday I ran 3.5 miles and then walked close to another mile. Tonight I did a sprinter’s workout—warm up with a long brisk walk, then 5 sprint intervals of 30 seconds going very hard, followed by 90 seconds walking. Then a light jog home.

Gibbee I hope the insurance will approve the LTAC facility. Hopefully it is just a matter of negotiation and time, we are all thinking of you. Glad your elbow is better.

Cher and Jbliff I can’t wait to see the video clips. I somehow thought they would be posted today,

Waves to Vannie, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 06:31 AM  
Cher

Workout Thursday was IMax 4 step combos only premix, Leslie’s Short & Sweaty and the walk portion of her Flex Walk from her 10 minute dvd, then stretching on my own. Yesterday’s workout was Leslie Tone Every Zone Section 3 Fast Walk and Travis Eliot Full Gentle Yoga from his YouTube channel.

My thyroid appt was for my 6-month checkup. I had an ultrasound done last week. Everything looked good with no changes. She said to come back again in 6 months and if it still looks good, then I’ll go back in a year then. If still good after that, then I will just go every 2 years then.

JBliff - Yes, my birthday dinner at my parents was my last birthday celebration. It was nice. Since DH had to work, it was just my parents, my sister and DS there. The food was so good! My mom made lobster tail. It’s pretty chilly here....60’s during the day (which is okay) but last night went down to 33 degrees! We even got a light frost on the grass. It’s a little to early for that already. I moved my flower pots up against the house for the night. They seem okay this morning.

Gibbee - Glad your elbow is feeling better now. We had a haze in the air here to from the fires but no smoke smell. You are definitely dealing with way to much stress! I keep hoping and praying your DH will start doing better soon.

Karen - Cathe did post a clip of the new Hiit workout yesterday. I sent you the link in a FB message
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 12:43 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was LITE Metabolic Training and core. DH and I also took a 50-minute walk in the morning.

Cher
- Lobster tail sounds really good. I'm glad you had a nice time with family. Sorry to hear it's already in the 30s at night where you are.

Karjoy - Cathe said more clips will be posted next week. I'm most interested in the weight training and mobility workouts.

The weather here this weekend is just wonderful--upper 60s and sunny during the day and upper 50s at night.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 09-19-20, 05:16 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Cher: Great news on the ultrasound. Your birthday dinner sounds like it was wonderful! 33 is tool cool! Although we hit 42 last night.

JB: Me, too. I have a ton of hiit cardio I already don't do... but I am always open to more weights!!!

Check in: RAW Box & Squat. Decided to test out the elbow. It hurt a bit initially and I did go carefully but right now it's feeling good. I just think I need to remember to not carry every single thing in my right hand.

Waves to Karen and Vannie!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote