Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-20, 01:18 PM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

I pulled out another Cathe today, Basic Step (NOT) + Cardio & Weights. Her step, again, is fast-paced with better cueing on this one, but you still need to know her steps. A few more tries and some muscle memory on my part will help in the future. I also wish she would have said what weight exercise is upcoming, instead of saying "grab your heavy weights" and waiting several seconds before revealing and setting her body up for the actual exercise. I miss the first few reps figuring out what weight I need to use. Very annoying! Again, once I get used to the video, I should know what's coming, but she sure could easily alieviate my annoyance. I know this is an old video, and perhaps she did better in other videos, but this is the one I've got. Complaints asside though, it really worked me out well.

"Even though you can't turn back the clock, you can wind it up again." Joan MacDonald
DJ-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 06:56 AM  
Cher

Workout Thursday was IMax 4 step combos only premix, Leslie’s Short & Sweaty and the walk portion of her Flex Walk from her 10 minute dvd, then stretching on my own. Yesterday’s workout was Leslie Tone Every Zone Section 3 Fast Walk and Travis Eliot Full Gentle Yoga from his YouTube channel.

DJ - I keep a notebook with all my Cathe workouts so I know what weight to grab quickly. .
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 08:50 AM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
DJ - I keep a notebook with all my Cathe workouts so I know what weight to grab quickly. .
That's a good idea. Thanks. I was wondering the best way to record the weights. I was thinking about sticking a note to the case. I might have to wear my glasses while exercising to read it. LOL

"Even though you can't turn back the clock, you can wind it up again." Joan MacDonald
Old 09-19-20, 03:28 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today was Leslie's Walk Your Way Thin (Belly, Buns and Thighs) 3 mile. Leslie uses the Fit cuff around ankles for last five minutes of mile 3, and then she has a separate segment for floor work that's about 10 minutes. Not too shabby. :-)

Have a good weekend!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 11:11 AM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

Yesterday, after procrastinating most of the morning, I finally did Dance Step with Petra Kolber followed by some PT exercises.

Old 09-20-20, 01:56 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I've been doing the same things - YT Leslie, treadmill walking, and another YT after dinner. I wish I had something fun or exciting to post, but I guess at least I've been doing something. Maybe fun workouts will come back in the new week.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 02:55 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I did an oldie from 1995, Leslie's Miracle Mile! This is inspirational as Leslie's six backgrounders all lost between 30 and 100lbs! Interesting enough, MaryKay choreographed this workout (not Leslie) so the moves are a little more varied. Leslie is excellent in this one and doesn't get too talky. She's very focused. There's a firming segment at the end of the mile where Leslie does lunges, sit-ups and pushups, which is a nice finisher.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

April Focus:
Old 09-21-20, 08:30 PM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

I didn't get my PT exercises done yesterday. My bad.

Today I did Tom Holland Total Body again. I like it because it's relative short to get a full body workout, plus I don't need to do any PT exercises when I do the upper body. It's all-inclusive.

Old 09-21-20, 08:52 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Spent some more time with Leslie today Walk Aerobics Two Mile Walk from the three DVD set which includes Miracle Mile and Four Mile Walk. MaryKay again choreographed this one and it was good, as was Leslie. Funny about doing this and the Miracle Mile yesterday because Leslie is wearing shorts with some kind of nude tights, but you usually never see her legs. She's always wearing pants, but not so in 1995. Her hair is pretty here, too with blonde highlights. Very 90s.

Have a good day all!

April Focus:
Old 09-22-20, 06:33 AM  
Cher

Saturday’s workout was Keoni’s 12 Minute Happy Dance Walk and Barlates Lazy Day workout both off YouTube. Sunday was a 40 Minute Walk. Yesterday was LITE Stacked Upper Body Tricep, Chest & Shoulder premix and Travis Eliot’s Inner Dimension TV (IDTV) Yoga For Beginners Day 1 Mountain Pose Series. I also went for about a 30 minute walk after dinner. I finally broke down and did the 50% off deal for IDTV. I really need to do more of this type of stuff so we’ll see if this gets me doing it. Decided to start with the Yoga for Beginners Program. Today’s was okay. A little boring but I think I would’ve like this better if my arms weren’t so tired from the LITE premix right before since there is lots of arms up stuff.

DJ - I used to have to keep an extra pair of reading glasses to read my workout sheets until I got these contact lenses I have now.

Pam - Leslie’s Walk your Way Thin is one Leslie I never got and wished now I would have.

Glavtx - You’re doing some kind of physical activity and that’s what counts. Sometimes we just want non-complicated workouts.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
miracle mile