Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-10-20, 11:31 AM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

CharM, every Monday I do a longer bike ride (usually 2 rides back-to-back), but I do it as an Endurance ride, which means I'm aiming to keep my HR below a certain level while still challenging myself in places with resistance & speed. So it's not pedal-to-the-metal pace, therefore I can go longer. And, happily, over time I have been able to do greater effort while maintaining a lower HR.

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 03:44 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy J View Post
And, happily, over time I have been able to do greater effort while maintaining a lower HR.
Awesome!
However you do it, it's impressive that you can ride for so long.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 09:56 PM  
bex

Hi everyone.

Just popped in and saw that everyone’s keeping on - thanks so much for thinking about me!!
It’s been an interesting time for the past 3 months in China. But I’m good and my family around the world are all safe and healthy, hoping we stay that way.

I’ll post more about my workouts soon.

Love you guys for the support and inspiration.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 07:28 AM  
tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
April 2020

[I]
6 - Yvette Bachman At Home: 40 min. METABOLIC BURN!!!; Mimi's Deep Stretch (Bonus stretch) Short & Sassy describes this class - LOVED!!!! A good one for a "crunched" workout area - she films in her basement and WHAT a spectacular basement it is!!! Wow! I loved all the exercises in this class...I used 15's like she does and only had to slow down the pace for the bicep curls/"W" curls for my elbows. Definitely a fantastic metabolic FUN workout!! Her kitty comes around often and loved how Yvette finally gave him some lovin'! Anyone wanting to try this one or to see her basement, LOL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxbqsqzo5Mg
7 - 3.03 Mile Walk Outside! (43 min., 382 cal); Michelle's Yin Yoga; (Later): YT Cathe One on One Boot Camp Blast Home Workout Finally nice enough (for me) to take it outside...my sinuses/allergies are ok right now but I do have the sniffles. I did the loop around 3-4 different subdivisions past the lake and up the big hill and my time wasn't too awful bad for the first time out this season! Close to 80*(!) here now (late afternoon). Cathe's workout was a nice little PM pick-me-up! It was so cool to see her house, too!
10-
I've seen Yvette's workouts, they look INTENSE! She's like an energizer bunny with hopping all over the place the whole workout. Do you modify or do all the impact? I've considered doing them but not sure I have enough moves to substitute for the high-impact ones.

Thanks for posting about the Cathe 1-on-1s! I just saw she posted a bunch, I am looking forward to trying them out.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 08:46 AM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I walked either the dog or on the treadmill the past 2 days. I am sore from the weights I did! We had an event called BeTheLight last night - our practice field was lit, faculty members parked along streets by the field and the seniors got to drive their cars through us as we cheered for them. It was so touching to see them, many with their parents driving so the kids could videotape as they drove through. I finally had a good cry about all of this on my way home. It breaks my heart.
Today, I am going to do some walks and a Tracie Long workout.
Beth, I'm glad you got a treadmill. I love mine!
AnMrsDe, I'm a fast walker too. Having a sniffing dog just means you walk back and forth while they sniff to keep up your speed
Cab, great job with the bike ride!
Cher, I think a cat in a stroller would be awesome to see!
Dorothy, your endurance rides sound great!
Hi, Tangerine and bex!
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 10:55 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
Awesome!
However you do it, it's impressive that you can ride for so long.
Agree! Dorothy, YOU are amazing!

CharM, maybe your DH has long legs and he walks faster? Course, that philosophy doesn't work in my case, LOL! Maybe I need a cat stroller like Beth to slow me down, LOL! (As if my cat would even consider that!!!) That is so cute that Beth's kitty allows that! As the weather gets nicer I am, for sure, going to stroll my baby (that I watch) around the neighborhood! That should slow me down - to try not to take the corners on two wheels, haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
Hi everyone.

Just popped in and saw that everyone’s keeping on - thanks so much for thinking about me!!
It’s been an interesting time for the past 3 months in China. But I’m good and my family around the world are all safe and healthy, hoping we stay that way.

I’ll post more about my workouts soon.

Love you guys for the support and inspiration.
Hi ya, bex! And thanks so much for checking in!!!!! Glad to hear your family is safe. It's not too late to join us for April!

And speaking of MIA friends, I did hear from ASAS and she and her family are safe and healthy! She wanted me to "tell you all hello and that she has been slacking on her fitness routine and hasn't been checking in. She goes on to say she's trying to get some workouts in 3x/week if only 15-20 min. on her rowing machine." Doesn't sound like slacking to me! So glad to hear from her too!! It's a good day, LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
I've seen Yvette's workouts, they look INTENSE! She's like an energizer bunny with hopping all over the place the whole workout. Do you modify or do all the impact? I've considered doing them but not sure I have enough moves to substitute for the high-impact ones.

Thanks for posting about the Cathe 1-on-1s! I just saw she posted a bunch, I am looking forward to trying them out.
Haha, yes, I often wonder if Yvette has Red Bull in one of her 2 "water" bottles! I mostly follow Yvette (albeit not jumping as high, or sometimes doing the move on my rebounder) but if a move is compromising my knees/hips in any way, I modify. I use my step a lot to place my hands on when doing burpees and horizontal moves, too. She's been putting out A LOT of workouts lately and mostly shorter ones, so you could start with those. (It seems the ones she does with her brother than the whole class are a tad easier).They are a lot of fun and I burn tons of calories with them!

It was fun to do a Cathe 1-on-1 the other day but I think I prefer her in a class atmosphere (instead of her home). I am anxious to try the solo workouts she's been putting out without her class behind her at the gym to see if I feel the same way. I know Clerkin likes her solo, but it will depend on the workout for me as well. But it is SO nice of her to put them on Youtube and FREE!!!

And thank YOU for mentioning about Effortless Health workouts!! I really enjoyed that booty workout I did today!! Love her accent as well!

Chrys - haha, ya maybe you even get in more steps that way backtracking for your sniffing doggie! That sounded so touching about your school participants on the football field...I would've cried for sure!

T2B, did I miss that you did STS Plyo Leg workouts? Or are you just doing the strength workouts with other cardio? What's next after STS? You always have the best rotation ideas!

Waves to all~~~~~ Have a great Easter weekend (for those who celebrate)!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 11:48 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Waves to everyone! It looks like today may be our last nice day of weather for the week. We have snow predicted for this evening and the next few days!

Yesterday I had planned to do Cathe XT burn sets but instead was pulled into a movie marathon with the family. I know this season will pass and am cherishing the time with my DDs.

Today I am doing yard work, putting out mulch, and hope to do a combined XT upper body to get back on track.

It's great to see what everyone is doing; this is a wonderful group!

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 12:07 PM  
T2B

AnMrsDe - you are definitely the energizer bunny. Love the rug in Cathe’s living room. Re: STS - I did the squat rack workout instead of the Plyo legs. I didn’t feel like jumping the other day so will go by how I feel day to day. As far as next, I’m doing a 5 month rotation, next will be Meso 2 again and then 5 weeks of Gym Styles. I’m undecided if I will continue or move to an undulating rotation. I love the muscle firmness that I’ve gained; would like to see more weight loss. This is on me though. I haven’t gained weight but I find that I am eating just because very rarely am I truly hungry. Food doesn’t have the same appeal anymore. I’m not anticipating or craving anything. I’m sure a big part of the blahs is everything that I eat is being prepared by me.

Good to know that As Sweet and family are good.

bex - so good to hear from you. Glad that you and your family are doing well.

Chrys - what a lovely thing to do for high school seniors and their parents.

Cher - that’s a good tip. Probably would do it pre-pandemic. Now wouldn’t want to do anything that would land me in the hospital.

Beth - Snow? Eek!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 05:38 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

bex, great to hear from you! Thinking of you--hang in there!

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-20, 01:18 AM  
bex

Hi everyone - now it's Sunday, I have time for a longer update.

So in January, I returned from our Xmas/NY ski holiday, tried to get back into fitness and was just too busy with my business. Same old, same old. Then around Jan 22-24, things changed here in China....

It's a very long story, but here are the highlights. I never felt personally in danger of the epidemic, but the impacts on daily life were a lot faster and more decisive than in the US. We were basically shut down here for 2 full months. My business stopped dead in the water, my husband was working abroad so there was a closed border between us, and most of my community left China or were also locked down. In theory I could have used the time to exercise but it was so emotionally difficult I could only cope by eating french fries every day.

Three weeks ago my husband got a long and difficult flight back into China. Since he was arriving from overseas, we had to go into full legally mandatory lock down quarantine together - no leaving the house AT ALL for 14 days. Grocery deliveries are a lot easier here, so we had a 'honeymoon quarantine' in which we both worked from home and enjoyed being together for the first time in months. I'm so grateful he's safe and with me.

Since we went through the quick & sharp shock version here in China, things are now in control and we're able to slowly return to normal life. Businesses are operating, restaurants and even the gyms are gradually being allowed to reopen. It's spring here, hope returns.

My friends and family are all around the world (Australia, Europe and the US), but I'm trying not to spend too much time on the news and focus on what I can do here, now.

Hoping everyone here stays healthy in every way, including emotionally and spiritually, during this trying time.

bex
bex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts