Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-01-20, 04:22 AM  
Dancing Queen

Post Fit and Fabulous in February!

Cardio Total: 25.5 min/day (last month 24.2 min/day; PR = 33.5 Nov '17)
Strength Total: 9.2 min/day (last month 8.1 min/day; PR = 13.9 Sep '17)
Yoga/Meditation Total: 24.2 min/day (last month 31.2 min/day; PR = 45.6 Jan '18)

Word for the Year: Flourish

1 4 min PT exercises, 20 min meditation
2 Leslie 5-Day Slim Down Mile Each Morning (Trim Your Tummy), CRUNCH Boot Camp Training, 10 min PT exercises, 59 min meditation
3 15 min outdoor walking, 4 min PT exercises, 11 min meditation
4 23 min outdoor walking, 10MS Knockout Body (Knockout Body Blast, Ultimate Upper Body), 4 min PT exercises, 10 min meditation, Misty Tripoli Gentle Groovy Yoga (Practice 1 and 2)
5 32 min outdoor walking, 4 min PT exercises, 10 min meditation
6 33 min outdoor walking, 4 min PT exercises, 48 min meditation
7 39 min outdoor walking, 4 min PT exercises, 5 min meditation
8 4 min PT exercises, 22 min meditation
9 Jessica Build Balance and Inner Strength (Core Control), 4 min PT exercises, 12 min meditation
10 28 min outdoor walking, 10MS Knockout Body (Kickbox Cross Train, Fierce and Fabulous Abs), 4 min PT exercises, 8 min meditation
11 24 min outdoor walking, 10MS Dance Off Belly Fat (Fat Burning Beat, Dancer's Silhouette), 4 min PT exercises, 8 min meditation, 51 min yoga class
12 22 min outdoor walking, 4 min PT exercises, 10 min meditation
13 50 min outdoor walking, 10 min PT exercises, 12 min meditation
14 CRUNCH Burn and Firm Pilates, 4 min PT exercises, 22 min meditation
15 10MS Hot Body Boot Camp (Calorie Blasting Drills, Rock Bottom Sculpt, Ab Assault, Better Body Stretch), 4 min PT exercises, 8 min meditation
16 4 min PT exercises, 11 min meditation
17 25 min outdoor walking, Ellen Fat Burning Fusion, 4 min PT exercises, 11 min meditation
18 35 min outdoor walking, Tae Bo Express (Combo Express, Fast Footwork), 4 min PT exercises, 10 min meditation, Misty Tripoli Gentle Groovy Yoga (Practice 3)
19 14 min outdoor walking, 10MS Dance it Off and Tone it Up (Dancer's Abs, Upper Body Tone Up, Buns and Thighs Sculpt), 10 min PT exercises, 10 min meditation
20 Tae Bo Express (Kick Express, Power Punch, Punch and Knee), 10 min PT exercises, 10 min meditation
21 Sexy Moves for the Club (Awaken Your Hips), 4 min PT exercises, 32 min meditation
22 4 min PT exercises, 10 min meditation
23 4 min PT exercises, 11 min meditation
24 15 min outdoor walking, YBB Goddess Booty, 4 min PT exercises, 9 min meditation
25 9 min outdoor walking, 10 min PT exercises, 9 min meditation, 50 min yoga class
26 43 min outdoor walking, SHAPE 5-Day Jump Start (Lower Body Makeover), 4 min PT exercises, 30 min meditation
27 46 min outdoor walking, 4 min PT exercises, 36 min meditation
28 57 min outdoor walking, Tae Bo Express (Isolation Toning, Tae Bo Abs), 4 min PT exercises, 11 min meditation
29 31 min outdoor walking, QuickFix Total Cardio Kick (Focused Upper Body, Cardio Kickbox Core, Focused Lower Body), 10 min PT exercises, 10 min meditation, 30 Day Posture Makeover (Day 1 - Sustainable Posture)
Dancing Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-20, 07:04 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
I will do more "new to me" (ntm) workouts this month.....
CharM, me too!
Cher you're welcome.
cdayley I hope Feb. Is better for you, too.
Dancing queen I love the idea of a word for the year! Mine is "Strength." Gonna add to my sig so I will remember. (And it looks like AnMrsDe will be focusing on that this month, too

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-20, 04:20 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
CharM, me too!
Good luck! Last night I caught myself looking longingly at some of my older, well-used workouts. lol They'll have to wait.

You're welcome, Cher.

AMD, I hope you enjoyed your time with the little one.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-20, 08:56 PM  
clerkin11

AnMrsDe - I can't wait to hear all about the baby you're watching. We do a lot of babysitting and we enjoy it. I shouldn't say a LOT, but it's a regular schedule of babysitting. My one niece's kids that we have on Wednesdays have gotten much more well behaved lately. Which is awesome since there's so much going on with my other niece's kids. We basically play games, cook dinner, paint etc. I love all these kids so much.

Update on baby Kian - he's making progress, but it's still day to day. Last week they extubated him and were planning on doing a tracheotomy if he couldn't breath/cough/swallow etc on his own. He's weak but was doing pretty well - until yesterday when he stopped breathing and turned blue. So tomorrow, he's either going to get a tracheotomy or he's going to start chemo. I hope it's chemo but I wish they'd give him some time to get stronger. I guess with an aggressive cancerous brain tumor, they don't want to waste time (or let it keep growing).
Thank you ALL for the prayers for Kian!!

CharM, I have the tendu toning workouts too and have never actually done them. They look good but I forget I have them. Did you like it?

Waves to everyone!!
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-20, 08:22 AM  
Cher

Clerkin, thanks for the update on Kian. I’ve been wondering how he was doing and still saying prayers for the little guy.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-20, 02:22 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
Clerkin, thanks for the update on Kian. I’ve been wondering how he was doing and still saying prayers for the little guy.
+1

Hope everyone enjoys their week! For me, it's getting back on track with cleaner eating...this past weekend was horrible!! However, I got on the scale just for the heck of it this morning (and that was after my weight workout) and I had lost a pound since Friday. ???? Don't know HOW but I am TAKING it!! These fluctuations are teasing me, LOL!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-20, 07:58 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

clerkin, thanks for the update on Kian--he is one strong fighter! Kian & his family will remain in my prayers.

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-20, 11:13 PM  
cdayley

Thanks, Char and fanofladyvols!

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-20, 05:15 PM  
fanofladyvols

You're welcome Chrys!

clerkin still praying.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-20, 07:54 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy J View Post
clerkin, thanks for the update on Kian--he is one strong fighter!
That's exactly what I was thinking. He's little but he's strong. Keeping them all in my thoughts.

Clerkin - Well, I didn't hate the Tendu Toning workouts that I've done. I know, it's not a glowing recommendation. I think I mentioned in a previous thread that it's not fun, there's no music, she doesn't smile, she just tells you what to do and gets it done. But some of the moves are painful, so maybe you'll be too busy focusing on that to worry about the other things I've mentioned.

You're welcome, Chrys.

To all, I like this message from Jessica Smith's newsletter:
Quote:
My message to you? LOVE WHERE YOU ARE. If you, like me, found yourself under a lot of (self-imposed) pressure to start this year with a roar but feel like you have only managed a whisper so far, I want to tell you its OK. If things haven't worked out the way you'd hoped or planned so far, it's OK. Actually, it's great! Even though it's hard to see this when we're in the midst of a challenge, sometimes our greatest growth and advancement comes from the climb.

Whatever you may be dealing with right now, give yourself grace. Keep focusing on those daily small little things that you CAN do right now -- that's all you need to keep moving forward day by day, step by step.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts