Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-06-20, 09:17 PM  
ncl

Cathe live question about abductor work?

Anyone know of any LIVE workouts other than barre that have abductor (outer thigh) work? i have been doing a lot of live and am feeling this area is neglected in the ones I have chosen.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-20, 04:21 AM  
LizEMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
Anyone know of any LIVE workouts other than barre that have abductor (outer thigh) work? i have been doing a lot of live and am feeling this area is neglected in the ones I have chosen.
WOs where she has a (stability) ball work segment, she usually has side lying leg lifts. Also, a fair amount of her boot camps (and some others) include an oft used move -- a squat off the step with a leg abduction and either an upright row or front swing.

Those are the only two moves I can think of that really work the abductor muscles (besides the barre work you mentioned).

Looking for specific WOs with those moves in it? I can go through my sheets and pull some names for you, if you'd like.

Oh, duh! Firewalkers! (Or, really, ANY move that uses a loop.) They target the abductors in a different way, perhaps one you're not looking for, but they always get a burn in my side booty when I use the proper resistance.
Old 01-08-20, 03:39 PM  
Maybelle

Cathe has so many Live workouts which is awesome, but it would be great if we could also sort by equipment used or even “workouts that include lower body floor work.”

The following all have at least some standing firewalker work and some also use gliders (which I think helps my abductors because of all the stabilization involved) or have floor/ball sections.

Hope this helps!

Rock Body Boot Camp
Metabolic Circuit Blast
Drill Max Live
Cardio Circuit Mashup
Cardio Strength Blast
Body Works Live
Bands and Bodyweight Travel Live
Cardio, Glutes and Core Express
Rock Bottoms and Core
Lower Body Burn
Mish Mosh Legs
Legs with Weights and Barre
Lovin Those Legs
Chiseled Legs and Abs
Lean and Mean Legs
2019 Glassboro Road Trip Leg Day
Power Legs
Maybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-20, 09:46 PM  
ncl

Thanks ladies. I was beginning to think there were none. i have a list of the workouts with equipment. I can scan those for firewalkers and Maybelle, i'll check your list out.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-20, 11:17 AM  
Maybelle

good luck, NCL!
I just did Power Legs again this morning and really felt it in my outer hips and thighs, as well as legs and glutes - a great, challenging 47 minute lower body cardio strength workout. Highly recommended!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGS_r915jqo
Maybelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe live, cathe live workouts