Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-19, 03:51 PM  
AnMrsDe

Arrow Just The Workouts~DECEMBER 2019~*Everyone Welcomed!*

December, 2019 Let's make the last month of 2019 a great one!!

This month I will be fitting in what I can during this busy time. Listening to my body again this month and a personal goal...getting in more yoga/stretching instead of just 10 min. after workouts.

1 - Cathe Live Metabolic Meltdown #154 (42 min.); extra stretching I deemed this one my FAVORITE metabolic Live downloads...I know, I say that a lot, but this time I mean it!! It is so fantastic to keep the HR up the whole time as well as the metabolism fired up! I don't have to modify hardly anything and sometimes went heavier than Cathe. It is compound exercises doing both upper and lower simultaneously (with weights) with little rest time. 300 calorie burn with NO CARDIO!!! Core work starts @ 29 min mark along w/ some weighted chest/back exercises. For the p/u and sit up combo, I just did p/u's for duration and held plank for duration. It seemed like this intensity really fits my needs and worked me out very nicely. I followed it with an hour of Yard Work trying to get all those leaves out to the street when they come this week to suck them up with their big trucks. A great Sunday workout!!
2 - Heather Robertson Fat Burning HiiT Workout//No Equipment; Yoga Short & Sweet #2 (Travis) This was a quick cardio only w/o to get the heart pumping before yoga. I was in the mood today for some "no-holds" poses -- just a quick, challenging flow w/ great music. Love!
3 - Cathe Live LB/UB Challenge #220 (63 min.); extra stretching; 45 min. of yard work This one so rocks! It starts with LB - 2 sets of all exercises then UB and a 10 min. core segment at the end. It's a good one to heavy up but just like last time, I heavied up too much on the LB and by the end of the UB my arms were too fried to use my normal weights on the flyes and presses! I need to keep it more intermediate weights for the LB to get me thru to the end! I do feel very accomplished as no muscle goes untouched. Even the core work was hard to complete that last round! I think maybe doing only one round of the abs and including more than a 2 min. stretch would have been ideal for me. FYI, this would be a very good one if just wanting a 30 min. LB or 30 min. UB workout...I might try that next time and really heavy up to give it my all. But a very SUPERB total body workout today (if you have the time and strength)!
4 - Michelle Yoga Flow for Concentration (50 min.); 50 min. Yard Work Yes, again (for both the yoga AND the yard work)! Just love Michelle's class and this time I was more mindful during the balance poses. I even tried Dancer's Pose standing on a block and I didn't freak out! After she does bow pose variations, I do have to add in child's pose as my back was asking for it. I even held out during the meditation this time, too. Progress!
5 - X-10 (w/u); UBOUND Fat Burning/Mini Trampoline 15 min Training; KCM Home Gym Intervals on TM (workout 1 - done my way--listening to my music and TV muted); Stretch I wanted something different today and although it is nice out, I have such a dread factor for layering up b/c I just can't walk at my usual pace when I have so many clothes on! This rebounder workout was fun and had great music. Since they don't use a JS, my tension/speed was different but I still had fun. How can they get their knees up so high when jumping? That was a nice w/u for the TM and thought I'd try KCM's workout but doing it my way: 2 intervals of jogging/2 intervals of incline walking to her 1 each of TM/weight work but not doing the weight work. Wow that first move throwing DB above your head and catching it----does anyone even attempt that?? I hope not! Doing it my way made this workout much more challenging for me and I loved it! Glad I didn't trade it after all. 2.2 miles of intervals: 4.7-5.0 mph walking/jogging (except last interval taking it up to 7.0)//3.8 mph-10 incline. After my stretch, 548 calories bit the dust! Great cardio w/o today (hoping my knees won't complain with this type of workout)!!
6 - Yvette Bachman Bootcamp/Bodyweight HiiT Workout; stretch This was a good endurance circuit class - albeit it seemed hard for me today (esp. the 2nd half where my cardio intensity was starting to take a nose dive). The format was cardio sometimes using the stability ball then a weight exercise while weights and a med ball are used. I hung in there but somewhat dialing it down...then guess what? More HiiT work at the end!!!! However, that didn't seem as hard as the whole thing since the format was :20/:10 and pretty short. Shoulders and legs are worked the most - hardly anything for triceps and chest....so on a few of the (many) shoulder exercises, I included tricep work. Used 5's, 8's, and 12's. The core segment included a med ball for partners, but easy to do by yourself (more reps!). I noticed I didn't take a complete rest day for 10 days which might be why this one almost did me in! I DO need my recovery time...duh! ;0)
7 - Yoga30For30 (Yin Yoga) A great one for a rest day. Today was my mom's 90th birthday...we had a nice celebration at night (the 2nd celebration, LOL). It's hard to believe she and her twin are 90!!! She had her health issues along the way...breast & colon cancer (thankfully, in remission for both) and more recently, digestive issues, but both ladies are still very mentally sharp so I come from good genes!

8 - Michelle Chillout Session (30 min.) This was a great one too...however, she includes music which was too loud at times and sometimes drowned her out. I usually like when a yoga class includes music but not when it's too loud and can't hear instructions. In this instance, none is better and I can always add my own. That put a damper on what was a fantastic "chill" class.
9 - Cathe Live Plyo Leg Blast #270 (48 min.); Yoga30For30 (Even Flow) LOVED this CL class and was very similar to her STS Plyo Leg workouts with lots of similar moves. It includes 10 rounds of a plyo move followed by a weighted leg exercise. A stability ball, on the floor segment was at the end working outer and inner thighs. I loved this one - probably cause it was easier than her STS ones since I used lighter weights (12#'s & 15#'s). There was only 2 or 3 cardio exercises (hopping mostly) that I subbed with my JS. I was particularly overjoyed that she omits from the STS w/o's those one leg sit & slides using the disc!!! My knees hated that move. The stability ball segment was maybe 10 min.? and was easier than some of Cathe's other floor work. Not much of a stretch so I added on a yoga class which helped to stretch out my legs. I was thrilled I purchased this CL since I hadn't actually done it before - just previewed it from the clips. Very fun leg workout with a high calorie burn and a high fat burning percentage---no wonder Cathe states to "eat your wheaties"!!
10- My w/u; Heather Robertson 10 min. standing ab workout; HR Relaxing Full Body Stretch I only had about a half hour so this was great to start the day. Standing ab work is always a plus in my book.
11- RwH HiiT Circuit Upper Body (Premix 2 - No Blasts, minus stretch=29 min.); My own "Beast add-on" (25 min.); RwH HCUB (stretch) I couldn't decide what I wanted to do today...this gave me a great calorie burn in an hour (360 cal!) and I got my wish of some metabolic work with more weight work at the end. I used 10's, 12's, and 15's; for my add-on, I did 3 sets/12 reps of the following:
Pull downs (underhand/overhand grip) (35#)
Double arm rows (20's#)
Chest flyes (12's#/15's#)
Pull Overs (30#)
Chest Presses (15's#)
Skull crushers (12's#/15's#)
(During my add-on, I skipped bi's (since they were worked pretty well in the RwH w/o and I skipped the legs and ab exercises since I worked them earlier in the week= 25 min.). I loved how I put some music on and lifted at my own pace...sometimes Cathe goes so fast in this RwH workout. I'm trying to gain back my strength to where I was in May...my notes reflected that I lifted heavier for this add-on!
12- Heather Robertson Low Impact Full Body HiiT w/o//No Equipment & No Jumping (30 min.); Opening Up the Upper Body (Steve Jones) This was a great little workout...I think I did this one before. My upper body was SO sore from the weight work yesterday! This is a fav for an upper body stretch. (Written down from when I subscribed to Udaya).
13- 75 min. Yard Work I keep saying this is the last time for those leaves but is it? I think it truly IS the last time....it was a balmy 50* sunny day w/ no wind....didn't mind being out at all! But here comes the snow this weekend!!!
14- 3.10 TM intervals/walking w/ incline; YT Release Lower Back Tension & Muscle Soreness (Adee) Great cardio workout today (for not wanting to work out at all! 467 cal burn) Loved this voice-over stretch for lower back release! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y68IeLYx1-8&app=desktop

15- Rest
16- 1 Hour Shovel Max; KCM Strength & Stamina (Workout 1 - no cardio leg blasts); YT Release Your Lower Back Tension & Muscle Soreness We got about 2" of snow and it is very pretty. More fluffy than heavy which is nice to shovel. It's always a longer ordeal for me since my driveway is so long (and I always do the neighbors' sidewalk that we share). After that I wasn't feeling like a very tough workout, so KCM it was! This was the perfect intensity and no cardio which made it even better. Stretched out again with the yoga stretch mentioned above. After 5 loads of laundry and cleaning the house, I'm spent! But resting up till tonight when I have to watch babies in the nursery at my church during one of our Christmas shows. :0)
17- X-10 (w/u); Heather Robertson Low Impact HiiT w/o//No Equipment (16 min.); Yoga30for30 (Stamina) Heather's w/o had 3 rounds of the same 5 exercises...so LOTS of repetition. I changed some up and jumped on my JS for a couple exercises. Stamina is such a goodie! I think I am ordering Travis' new yoga system. Even though they're 60 min., I am hoping I can shave some w/u series time off when using them as add-ons. I need me some Travis!!!
18- Yvette Bachman Moderate Impact Step/Multiple Muscle Group Training (57 min.); stretch GREAT FUN!!! I'd say it's one of her easier classes but I loved it. I used a 6" step, 5's, 10's, 12's, 20, and 15# KB. For the upright rows, I did pull-downs @35#. I also used DB's in place of the band. In my notes, the last time I did this workout was in May as an add-on after a 55 min. Cathe Live BC class!!! That was when I was really amping up my workouts right before the wedding. (I knew there had to be some explanation, LOL!!) Well, today this class was plenty!! There are a couple commercials in this class which is annoying, but at least I knew what exercise to do so I just did more reps than Yvette. I'd much rather have the commercials than her classes being removed from her site altogether though!!!!!!! Great calorie burn today (even w/o the Cathe Live class)!!
19- Cathe Live #217 Cardio, Glutes & Core Express (38 min.); Yoga30For30 (Fluidity) This is a good short cardio workout that uses the FW band and Stability ball (for cardio & floor work). Great booty & core work throughout the cardio and floor....hamstrings were feeling it! I did need an add'l stretch. Warning: Cathe's cueing isn't the best in this one; but it is a fun one, none-the-less. I haven't done Fluidity since 2018 and I don't know why....it is fabulous and one I truly enjoy!! Eagle into 1/2 moon=yummy!!
20- Level Up 108 (LU) Cardio (Travis' new yoga program) I reviewed this in the GD...just a really good cardiovascular yoga class...I like it so much better than, say, PiYo, since he cues perfectly (with no looking at the TV) the moves you should be doing and the vibe is just so much more enjoyable (for me, anyway). This does have sprinters (high knees) and mt. climbers but I did the high knees on my JS. It sailed right by but maybe it was due to the fast pace (first 1/2 anyway). To me, it didn't seem so challenging as what I am contemplating Balance to be....now THAT one will be the most challenging for me...I'm calling it! Side note:Tonight is our Christmas show at church we are taking our friends to see. We always enjoy it so much. Also, I am a Great Aunt this morning!!! So excited!!!
21- Cathe Live Metabolic Meltdown #154; Heather Robertson 10 Min. Standing Abs; HR Full Body Stretch//Recovery Day Workout Yes, again, for the Cathe MM!!!! Love it so much! No dread factor whatsoever with HR's standing abs, what a goodie! I always need to count reps on each side, though, cause sometimes when there's just music and no cueing, I veg out! The stretch, however, was more than just a relaxing stretch with more pilates moves, but it could be that I was just wanting to lay on the floor and stretch after my w/o today!

22- LU Cross Train; ETA: 45 min Yard Work- This one was great! More challenging than UY XT - more yogi push-ups throughout and balance challenges. Lots of self-improvement talk in this (mainly at the beginning), but I hope it's just b/c it's the first one in the series and Travis needed to get all that off his chest, LOL. I loved that it had more flow (Warrior Dance, as Travis calls it) toward the end...wish it was like that all the way through, but lots of holding postures as well to improve strength. Lying hero pose I always modify due to my knees...I can sit on my feet no problem, but turning them out to the side is an issue. Loved all the cueing to make the poses more advanced if wanting to. My wrists were feeling it again, so there's no way I could do a rotation of just these classes, esp. for 108 days....Very doable for me...another winner!
23- Yvette Bachman Step Cardio Blast!!! (60 min.); stretch And what a BLAST it was!!! LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this one!! (I saw that Jane did it today too, LOLOLOL!! ) It has a Christmas remix soundtrack (which I was always wanting to sing along to but couldn't cause I was breathing!) haha It uses a 6" step and no equipment until the end where she uses a band for some bicep work. (I just did some standing abs in those spots then finished with Yvette doing some floor core work (which really BURNED, btw)! My HR was up most of the workout....now this is how I love using the step for cardio! Nothing complicated and I could put my all into it. Although Yvette gets a little dancey in the beginning (for her), but I loved the moves. This may even be my all time favorite endurance workout of hers?? Talk about endorphins all day long after this one!!! Four hearts!!! (Since it contains a remix, maybe this one won't be pulled----it better not)!!!!! Allgirlsinaz, you gotta try it, I know you love Yvette, too!
24- LU Strength Nice challenge!! Horse stance variations are in this one again like UY Strength. Travis' sequences are fantastic challenges - lots of knee in to tricep and maybe 12? yogi push-ups. Chair with leg straight out then back to crescent with arms outstretched in an opposing twist. Not much balance work in this - just lots of strength focus postures....too many to mention! 3 for 3!
25- MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Michelle Total Body Yoga Flow (37 min.)
26- LU Detox Whoa! This one really rocks! May be my favorite so far. TONS of twists throughout and the first segment has lots of holding postures (usually in yoga/plank position a lot, so shoulders and wrists were feeling it). Knee to elbow quite frequently, yogi p/u's, etc. Second segment I LOVED! More of a flow with twists galore with more balance work and included floating table top to floating leg to opp side w/ top arm back to ceiling....done those before. Travis is a bit relentless; thinking we're done and he just keeps on going! Just fabulous sequencing and this would be very easy to make into two 30 min. classes if short on time. This one got 2 hearts!! It is currently on YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVkXRhDsGTU
27- Rest (unplanned; went back to Prompt Care - thanks to DH who gave me a lovely cough as a gift). Good thing I went, though, as the Dr. confirmed my sinus infection was still lingering, so he gave me a stronger antibiotic to kick this thing. Sigh. I was intending to do some type of workout but then got distracted and ran errands for parents as well as taking all my Christmas decorations down. Just the bare tree stands for that to discard today (an artificial but since half of the "pre-lit" lights were out and we always had to manually put on strands of lights), I vowed this was the last year and bought one for 1/2 price today.
28- X-10 (w/u); Heather Robertson Intense Full Body Strength (25 min.) After being super sweaty from Cathe's w/u(!) and triggering a coughing attack and wanted to see how doing a Cathe w/u would feel, I opted to postpone PHA3 to another day when I'm feeling 100%. Worksheets are raring to go, but I ain't. :0) I definitely made the right decision as this HR workout was more than enough for me and I was worked hard. Her workout had a :30/:10 format and I used 5's, 12's, 20 & 25 DB's. It might be awhile till I can face some cardio workouts (or w/o's that have the cardio effect). ;0)

29- LU Vitality Move over Detox- there's a new favorite in town!!! LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this one so much! Starts off w/ 2 min of breathing work but I skipped it due to possibility of bringing on a coughing attack. Includes Tai Chi, Crouching Tiger, BOF (again, skipped), Belly Archer; Hop Switch, 1/2 moon, Locust variations, Warrior 3/Dancer's Pose to Chapasana; Extended Arm Angle pose (awesome!), etc. This class reminded me a lot of UY Vitality, Chi Flow (Yoga30for30), and the Archer practice from Dimensions TV rolled into one FANTASTIC class! IMO, it has the perfect blend of flow, balance and posture work and it seemed easier on my wrists and shoulders. This class was worth the amount of the whole series to me. <3
30- X-10 (w/u); Beast Build Chest & Triceps I kept my weights lighter or the same as in the past for this today. I wasn’t feeling all that great while doing it, and later in the day, I felt awful as the day wore on. Even had a temperature...Ugh,when will this be over?? In hindsight, I probably shouldn’t have also cleaned the house and done all the laundry after my w/o.
31- Heather R. 15 min. Booty Band w/o for Strong Glutes (8 min until the rest (w/ ads)....then I lost interest and didn't want to repeat it, LOL); LU Yin Well, if there was an absolute best time for Yin, it is today as I didn't feel like doing anything other than lie on my mat! Poses are held for 3-5 min. and like usual, I had to modify a lot of the poses since they just don't feel good to my hips/knees. Just too many forward bend variations like in UY and others of Travis' Yin and they just feel too uncomfortable for my liking. And, as I surmised, this is where the stories are! I was FF'ing thru a lot of the class; I knew I'd like this one the least. Not too bad...just one out of the series so far that I won't be repeating.
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 04:15 PM  
Luv2WO

Yay

1. Ballet Beautiful Cardio Interval, Mat Blast, Inner thigh Burn, Backstage DVD Stretch
2. TBL 21 DOP Abs, Bonus Pilates with Weights, Ballet Beautiful Bridge Burn
3. TBL Lengthen, Strengthen and Stretch, Essentrics SIM Core and Legs, BB Hip Stretch
4. Ballet Beautiful Classic Inner Thighs with Weights, Supermodel Legs and Butt 1, Dance of the Snowflakes Mat Toning, Bikini workout Mat Blast, Ballet Basics Giselle Workout
5. Ballet Beautiful Ballet Core Blast, Floor Barre Derriere, Land of Sweets Attitude workout, Barre Basics Burn and Lift, Weighted Swan Arms
6. Essentrics AM Workout, TBL Relax and Replenish, 21 DOP Upper Body, Essentrics Hips and Hamstring Stretch with Gail
7. Essentrics BSS Arm Blast and Posture Boost, TBL 21 DOP Legs
8. Essentrics Legs and Butt with Meg
9. Essentrics BSS Waist and Ab Toning, TBL 21 DOP Booty, PBL Love Your Legs Amplified Booty Band
10. TBL Restorative Pilates, PBL Love Your Legs Amplified Sculpt and Shred
11. Essentrics Total Core, Legs and Butt workout with Meg, TBL 21 DOP Teaser, PBL Love Your Legs Amplified Magic Circle
12. TBL Relax and Replenish, PBL Deep Tissue Massage
13. Essentrics SIM Core and Legs, TBL 21 DOP Full Body Finale, PBL Amplified Glutes and Hamstrings.
14. Essentrics Class of 2012, PBL Neck tension release workout
15. Essentrics Muscle Release
16. Essentrics BSS Ultimate Leg Sculptor, TBL Bonus Back and Hip Release, PBL Strength and Stability Shoulder workout, May Makeover Waistline
17. PBL Strong and Defined Leg workout, Abs of Steel workout
18. Essntrics AM workout, Express Arms, PBL Badlands Butt, TBL Moving Meditation
19. TBL Relax and Replenish, PBL Back Strength Ball Workout, Flexibility workout: Back, 5 min more Leg Routine
20. PBL Ab Defining Workout, Spring Into Summer Leg Fix, Lisa's Favorites Upper Body, Essentrics PM Stretch
21. PBL Fit Flow Workout, Build a Better Back Workout
22. PBL Central Park Stretch.
23. PBL Trim and Slim Waist and Thighs, Everyday Essentials Arms with Weights
24. PBL Summer Ready Workout, TBL Full Body Finale, Detox Stretch
25. Essentrics Inner Thigh workout with Gail, PBL Flex Your Core, Strength and Grace Upper Body workout,
26. TBL Relax and Replenish, PBL Everyday Essentials Clam workout, Weightless Arms Workout, BB Attitude Lifts, Inner Thigh Blast, Leg Lifts for the Butt.
27. PBL May Makeover Workout, Fit in 15 Flexibility, Essentrics PM Workout
28. Essentrics Posture workout with Amanda, Butt Toning with Meg, PBL 5 Min More Arms with Weights
29. Essentrics Total Body Tone with Gail - 40 min, Shoulder Release with Gail
30. Essentrics Core Stability with Amanda, PBL Spring Into Summer Core Strength, Bridge Booster, TBL Stretch and Release
31. TBL Feel Good Flow, PBL Fast and Firm Lower Body workout, BB Mat Stretch

2019 DONE! WAHOOO!
Luv2WO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 05:04 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

December - Diciembre - Decembre

01- Rest day.
02- Outdoor walk (45 min. aprox.).
03- Cardio Blast: Athletic Step (virgin) Si6: Slim & Limber.
04- X-Train Fit Toning: Core.
05- Rest day. Bad night sleep + headache.
06- Rest day. Bad night sleep again. It has been like that the whole week . I am tired!
07- Rest day. A bit tired.
08- HHA/DPS: Rockin' Abs (virgin) + Si6: Slim & Limber. RA was fun and good, I liked it! Happy Panamenian Mother's Day to me! I had a great day with my family.
09- Petra Kolber: Bootcamp Boogie (virgin). It was good, fun and challenging but doable.
10- Cardio Blast : Plyometrics (virgin) + Si6: Slim & Limber.
11- HHA/DPS: Hard Body + 5minute Ab Blaster + Si6: Slim & Limber.
12- Rest day.
13- Pretty Fierce Lean Out (PFLO): Upper Body Strength (virgin) + Si6: Slim & Limber. UBS was a nice little tough workout, and it is only 26 minutes long, I liked it! After the warm up, it started with 25 regular push ups, then 12 back rows, then 25 pike push ups, 12 single arm back row, then 25 alternated med ball push ups from the knees, I was surprised I was able to do them all, since it has been a while I haven't done any push ups! She asked to go heavy without dropping to a lighter weight, instead completing as much reps as you can with your heavy weight, for such a short workout I was impressed, I really felt it and found it challenging in a good way, I also liked the exercises chosen for each muscle group, my triceps were fried.
14- HHA/DPS: Cardio Groove (virgin) + 3-in-1Total Body Fitness: Flexibility. Nice combo! And I am a bit sore from yesterday's workout.
15- PFLO: Lower Body Strength (virgin) + JNL: Fusion Stretch. Wow... LBS was hard! I had to pause the DVD a couple of time to shake my legs and stretch, and it was only 21 minutes long I could feel some DOMS right there while doing the workout
16- Rest day. Glutes and hamstrings are so sore, glad it was a rest day!
17- 3-in-1 Total Body Fitness: Cardio + Flexibility. Nice combo!
18- Active Rest Day.
19- Karine Larose: Mince et Ferme (virgin) + Si6: Slim & Limber.
20- Karine Larose: Pur et Dur (virgin).
21- 7 Jours poir soi: Récupération Active (virgin) + 3-in-1 Total Body Fitness: Flexibility.
22- Outdoor walk. It was more of a brisk walk since I wanted to catch the stores before they closed lol.
23- Unplanned rest day. Lot of cleaning.
24- Christmas Eve. Family party, no workout.
25- Merry Christmas!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 05:42 PM  
Mell

Mell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 06:43 PM  
Dontmindthemess

DECEMBER

Decembarre? I’m going to dabble with my P57 streaming this month. Not sure if I would continue the subscription just because the workouts are structured so similarly and I can see getting bored.

1. Barlates Traditional Mat Full Body I didn’t want to take a rest day because I already took a couple a days off this week but I was tired. I’ve been feeling a little run down all week, just hoping I can avoid full blown sickness. Yesterday l morning I even overslept and skipped yoga. Full Body was definitely on the easier side. I think I expected the intensity of Target 15 Full body but this was a different kind of workout. No sweat but fine for a light day.
2. Rest I had to take my husband for a little procedure in the morning and missed that workout window. I even took an afternoon nap and we ended up laying about and watching movies.
3. Barlates HiiT Combinations and Endurance 80 Body Burner + Lite Cardio party timesaver #2 (w/u, blasts, CC) + 30 burpees and 30 sit-ups Love, love, love these Barlates HiiT workouts. If I could get you to try a workout Clerkin it would be these! They’re on YouTube too. Combinations is more fast paced so I got that cardio factor. I think E80 body burner was a virgin. I was surprised to see some suspension work in this. Linda uses a chair, I used the high step against the wall for safety. I could have just used the wall but Linda follows it up with some glute bridge work. This was less cardio, more sculpt. I wanted to head outside for fresh air today but it was very windy and cold this morning and I’m truly a cold weather wimp. I did a cardio party timesaver, I wore my 8# vest for the w/u and blasts. I hate the long warm up in this and it kind of deters me from doing the mini IMAX portion. Followed it up with three rounds of 10 burpees and 10 butterfly sit-ups.
4. Barlates Endurance 90 Handstands and Target 15 Squats and Raises + Burpee/sit-up combo (30) Wanted my handstand fix today. All the exercises with kicks seem a bit easier too. Squats and raises was a great little lower body finisher with some barre work thrown in too. I used a 8lb weight for sit-ups with a twist today. Just something to break up the burpees.
5. Tonique Addicted to Movement (60 min) ATM was more lower body than upper with some jumping. There’s one handstand move and some pushups but mostly squats and curtsy lunges. There’s another 15-20 mins to this workout but I stopped at the end of a circuit and stretched while Sylwia was still jumping and lunging away. The cardio factor was high in this, there were a couple of spots that my heart rate felt like it really spiked but ultimately like all Toniques it’s an endurance workout. I was definitely getting tired near the end and there’s a curtsy lunge/side kick/thruster exercise in the last circuit that really felt tough at that point. I feel like I have to talk myself into doing a Tonique but I feel so good after it makes me wonder why I don’t do them more often. It’s totally because I think they’re hard! Sylwia’s outfit is super cute too- little white boy shorts and a blue and multi long sleeve crop top.
6. Tonique Hawaii Everybody Rocks + Barlates Target 15 Barre I think I did Everybody Rocks. I meant to do Power of You but I get confused with the names so when it started I figured I’ll just keep going. A lot of downdog work with abs breaking up the circuits. A couple of handstands and some pushup moves too. It was actually a good fit today since I felt it worked upper body. Target 15 Barre was another winner. Love these little add ones that aren’t just one body part. The pace is quick too so there’s more of a sweat factor than I would expect.
7. 60 min FiiT yoga class Tabatas sprinkled in the flow.
8. Barlates BodyWeight Basics Cardio Sculpt, Target 15 Full Body and Target 15 Mat Cardio Sculpt and Full Body both got my heart rate up there but I do notice that these endurance style workouts are feeling a little easier. Even Saturday’s FiiT classes feel easier. Mat had a couple of tricky exercises like one with that had the loop around my feet while doing a bicycle style move. That was ok but Linda has you going up and down in a tricep dip at the same time. My brain wasn’t getting it. There was another confusing one but I just make it work for me. I really have liked all the Target 15 workouts so much. I also ordered Traditional Mat but I’m not quite as jazzed about that one now. Target 15 really gets your whole body involved and it just flies by.
9. Barlates Sweat Series Up and Down Sweat and Jack and Kick (20 min) + 60 min FiiT yoga class I’ve never done these sweat series workouts but I’ve had this dvd set for a long time, I think it was my first Barlates purchase. There’s a learning curve with these, they a little complicated but after a few moves of each combo I got into the groove of it. I couldn’t keep pace with Linda on a few of them but that was okay. They reminded me a little of the Dream Bodies especially the speed of the workouts but trickier. They are 30 mins each without a warmup and I had to cut jack and kick short. FiiT had a board today which was a wonderful treat. Buy in/out 50 Mountain Climbers. 4 rounds of 12 jump squats, 3 walk out pushups, 6 Superman, 8 jump lunges, 10 jumping jacks, 12 flutter kicks. It flew by! I’ve been doing the walkout pushups one legged for some extra balance work. I feel really energetic today.
10. Barlates Endurance 110 Firm and Burn and Target 15 Standing Abs Feeling a little low energy today so an Endurance 110 workout probably wasn’t the best idea but I did it. It wasn’t a favorite, there’s a few crouching moves that were a little awkward. There was one move that I really loved- a curtsy lunge to a front lunge back to a curtsy plank into a handstand. Sounds complicated but it was really intuitive. That interval felt so much quick than the rest. There was one move I had trouble executing - kneeling on one knee and kicking forward on the other then pushing forward into a handstand. I had a really hard time with the kick. Standing abs uses a stability ball and a chair for balance. Nice add on.
11. Flexibility and Beyond Bliss I had bought these downloads last year when my sciatica was acting up but I never tried them. Honestly it’s hard to fit in an hour long yoga more than once a week. The cueing is excellent, I never had to look at the screen. I wish there was a “less Travis” option. I like the form reminders and don’t mind a little talk but he quotes a lot. Too much “like the great philosopher so and so said” for me. Other than that it’s a great yin practice.
12. Heather Robertson Insane Total Body HiiT Workout Love this one! I used a wider variety of weights too. This is where some 6 pounders would come in handy.
13. Barlates Barre Bootcamp Box and Sculpt (18 min) I liked what I did of Sculpt better than box. These are super advanced but there’s a balance and coordination challenge with these. I’ll definitely revisit Sculpt.
14. 60 min FiiT yoga class I really feel more in command of myself during FiiT classes. I feel like my endurance and recovery time have really improved. Today we went through a circuit of jumping jacks, high knees, squats, low side lunges and skaters three times. 30 seconds an exercise for the first two rounds then 45 the last round. After that we did 30 seconds of 3 squats, two pushups, chest to the floor and jump up (like an extended burpee) several times throughout the flow.
15. Barlates Shape Up Barre Box 6 circuits of a few boxing moves followed by barre. I added 12 burpees with a push up to the last 4 cardio circuits to up the intensity. I did 14 on the last one to round it up to 50. That did the trick. I love the barre exercises with the playground ball.
16. Barlates E110 Cardio Sculpt + 60 min FiiT yoga class Cardio Sculpt was much easier than I expected. I don’t think I’ve even tried this one before. Much less cardio than I anticipated, usually there’s some kind of plank or up down cardio involved. This has two cardio rounds at the very end instead of the middle. The moves were more compound, which sometimes makes it trickier but it also makes it easier and less monotonous. This was a pretty varied workout: lunges, kicks, pushups, crouched moves, a handstand exercise, and a kick through. A little bit of everything in there. Linda ends with a wide legged (almost split) frog jump alternated with glute raises in table top. My frog jumps definitely don’t look like that but I tried putting my legs out for something different. FiiT had a few tabatas pairs sprinkled in the flow. 20 second intervals really seem short after 110s.
17. Tonique Hawaii Euphoria (35 min) + 60 min hot yoga class + whiteboard workout (20 min) I had some technical difficulties this morning with a new to me tv in the workout room that I couldn’t seem to figure out and then two phone calls that I had to answer. I ended up having to cut Euphoria short. It was hard too, all lower body, so a ton of lunges and lunges to kicks. After yoga I went back downstairs to do a whiteboard workout to feel like I got a whole Tuesday workout in I tried to get my husband to do it too but he wasn’t going for it. I just felt better getting it in.
18. Barlates Barre Bootcamp Total Body and Target 15 Full Body + 60 min hot yoga class My butt is a little sore in a good way from Euphoria yesterday. Bootcamp total body was pretty good and I did a Lot of oblique work between the two workouts. I got the Step Boss dvds this afternoon so I’ll do one of them tomorrow, either IMAX 4 or PHA.
19 PHA 3 I thought this was going to have cardio blasts and I kept waiting for them but I must have misread the description. I was a little disappointed when I realized that but maybe next time. This workout splits nicely into two halves. 8 exercises in each half that are repeated. Each half has a different eight. The first half has slider exercises and Cathe really uses the step, at 8 inches and just the platform. There’s a lunge with one foot on the platform and the other on a slider. I found it a little awkward but it could be because I don’t just have a topper so I think I used a higher elevation. I felt like I got a solid workout. I used the same weights as Cathe and a few of the exercises spiked my heart rate nicely. I did feel like it was light on triceps, but I could always sub them in somewhere. I liked it but it doesn’t compare to the Live PHAs for me. I did briefly preview IMAX 4 and I don’t think I would call it low impact, more like moderate impact from what I saw. Not a problem for me but I can hear the complaints already. I liked the looks of it.
20. Imax 4 I wrote a longer review in GD, but the gist of it is that it’s a bit less intense than I was hoping and expecting. I would love to have the same intensity as the calorie crush Imax teaser in Lite, that was so much fun and not as intense as a regular Imax. This felt like a lighter cardio workout, I’m a little disappointed.
21. 60 min FiiT yoga class Cardio and core heavy with a Christmas soundtrack.
22. Rest Too many cookies today!!
23. Yvette Step Cardio Blast (45 min) + 60 min hot yoga class https://youtu.be/yii6gujNBAM Go do Yvette’s Christmas step workout right now! Cher, I think you’d really like this one. It was very fun and steady state, I was sweating but it was an easy Yvette. I used an 8 inch step too. It has a fun Christmas soundtrack and there’s no hard choreography. I’m so glad I saw this one this morning.
24. 90 min hot yoga class
25. Merry Christmas
26. Barlates Shape Up Mat This one is great for a less intense day. Part of me wanted to do a really tough workout today but I’m a little tired and it would have been more like a punishment. I’ll save the tough ones for when I’m feeling 100%. This was perfect for today, 50 minutes, a little cardio to get the heart rate up too. This week and next really take it out of me. I can’t wait until January 4th.
27. Barlates Basics Cardio Sculpt and Target 15 ankle weights I held 2 lb weights for the standing exercises to add a little kick. PM Step Sync Took off of work a couple hours early so I gave Step Sync a whirl. Did the warm up on 8 in but I rightly went to 6 in for the workout. It was tricky, but not so complicated that I couldn’t do it. I really have to be in the mood to learn a new step workout. This is mostly low impact and even the jumping isn’t plyo, so it would be easy to modify that. (Cher, I think you could just squat in place for that move and you’ll still be in step.) It would probably take a couple of tries before I would be able to do this with an 8 in step. It’s a fun workout, really gives your brain a workout, and for me it was lower intensity. It might be harder if I knew it better and used a higher step. I too had no idea what Combo 1 was when Cathe puts them all together!
28. 60 min FiiT yoga class We did 4 three minute HiiT circuits throughout the flow. Sweaty and fun with a “best of the decade” soundtrack.
29. Barlates Endurance 100 Up and Down + Tabatacize (tabatas 1,3,4- no step) Up and Down has a really nice variety and lots of squats too. It definitely gets the heart rate up. Just wanted to do a little extra so I finished off with three of the tabatas. While they did seem easier than I remembered, I didn’t do the step “recovery” which never seemed like recovery to me anyway. I just didn’t want to put shoes on either. The music, man I really miss that kind of music in Cathe workouts and I really like the Xtrain music. So very long and very short intervals today.
30. Barlates Metabolic Training Functional + 60 min hot yoga class I really liked MT Functional, I’m not sure why I hadn’t tried these metabolic ones before. There’s some cardio and lots of squats and lunges. I worked up a nice sweat in my chilly basement. It’s not as hard as some of Linda’s endurance style workouts but it’s longer-55 min.
31. Barlates HiiT Combinations + HiiT Arms and Abs Well that the last workout of the decade for me! Love this combo and this whole series. I couldn’t face a really long interval today and these HiiT workouts just fly by.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 06:59 PM  
T2B

december...

1. WILD CARD DAY!!!. Yv2: Move Your Body!. FTA Legs & Glutes was on the schedule but I didn’t feel like doing anything so settled for one of my favorites just to get some steps. Saw Knives Out yesterday. Talky, good, and lots of laugh out loud moments. I also saw 21 Bridges on TG. I enjoyed that one as well. My DVR is almost full so spending time today watching some of my content.

Week 6

2. Rest day...
3. (S) Cathe Live: PHA 3. I waited until almost the last day to take advantage of Cathe’s 40% off. I bought PHA’s, a few metabolics and 1 kickbox. Of course, after I was feeling pleased with my selection, I saw that AnMrsDe posted about one of her favorite lives that I didn’t buy. Boo. It was too late to add it to my selection. Maybe I’ll buy it the next time Cathe has a sale. As far as the workout; I liked it a lot. Went by really fast. Didn’t really start sweating until 30 minutes in, my weights were definitely not heavy enough.
4. ICE: Low Impact Sweat
5. ICE: Metabolic Total Body - I’ve gotten a lot of use out of my 6# weights. Cathe does way too many shoulder exercises to keep your heart rate up. My shoulders are my weakest body part. Plus the exercises that Cathe is fond of doesn’t feel good on my shoulders.
6.(S) CATHE LIVE: 272 Love Me Some Kickbox. My eyes immediately went to the hot man. Cathe said he’s in her Strong workouts, what are those? I liked this workout a lot. There were a couple of LOL moments, something Cathe said or something someone did that hit my funny bone. Some of the backgrounders threw me off my game when they appeared suddenly and were using poor form. I think my cold, cold heart is starting to warm-up to Cathe Live.
7. (S) Cathe’s High Step Circuit. Six rounds that consists of a cardio, lower body, compound, upper, core. A perfect ease into Saturday morning workout. I hit the snooze 3 times and then reminded myself that I like getting my workout out of the way first thing.
8. FTA:Legs & Glutes Only Timesaver + Yv2: Rock It Out! P.M. Yv2: Sweat Sensation!

Week 7

9. Rest day...
10. (S) CATHE LIVE: #263 Metabolic Bootcamp. I liked this a lot. I have to remember to have my weights arranged just right before starting ‘cause Cathe only slows down to take a sip of water.
11. LIS: Low Impact Challenge. Last time I did this workout I set it aside to come back to later to focus on 3 and 4 completed combos because Cathe really doesn’t cue this segment well. She cues as she’s doing the move. Fast forward 5 weeks, never went back to this so was saying a lot of ***s this morning; always seemed to be on the wrong foot as I went over the step. Anyway I’ve set this aside again so that I can practice combos 3 and 4. I’m looking forward to the new workouts so I need to prepare for Cathe step.
12. LIS Lower Body Trisets Express Premix + Yv2: Move Your Body. The timesaver was enough legs this morning. This rotation hits the legs every day in some manner so I think Cathe will forgive me for choosing the express premix. I forgot to choose the music off option. Beautiful and big moon last night. Does anyone else think it looks like the moon is closer to us? I don’t remember being able to see the moon like this, like I can reach out and touch it.
13. (S) CATHE LIVE: #267 Metabolic Madness. Loved this too! I had my weights arranged before starting and still was a click behind Cathe picking up the weights.
14. FTA: Total Body
15. ICE: Low Impact Sweat. Did I ever mention that I love handbags? We have 2 Coach Outlets nearby so yesterday I returned a crossbody that I ordered thru Coach Outlet online that I thought was dark grey but it ended up being a metallic grey. Got a new Coach Abby duffle in a berry color. It’s a beautiful winter color, more of a dark cran/raspberry. Also went to the DMV for my license plates that expire at the end of the month. There wasn’t a line for plates but there was a big crowd in the driver license department. Also saw the new Jumanji movie. Didn’t enjoy it as much as the first one. I thought the first one was a little more creative and fresh. The new movie has lots of funny moments but still missing something.

Week 8

16. rest day...
17. (S) CATHE LIVE: #273 Metabolic Mish Mosh. This was awesome. Sounded fantastic through my Beats3 headphones. I like the music that Cathe uses during her Live workouts.
18. ICE: Rock’em Sock’em Kickbox
19. (S) CATHE LIVE: #238 PHA Plus Cardio. Loved this format. Awesome workout.
20. (S) Yv2: Rock It Out + 1/2 of Sweat Sensation. Cardio Supersets was on the schedule but couldn’t face another weights/cardio combo nor did I want to sweat this morning. I wanted to continue reading my book so this was a nice compromise. TGIF!!!!
21. LIS: Cardio Supersets + Turbo Barre Leg Conditioning/stretch
22. (S) STEP BOSS: IMAX4. Loved this. I used a 4inch step and this was challenging for me. I have to familarize myself with Cathe’s choreography again before I even consider going to a higher step (still I don’t go higher than 6 inches for step). Some combos I got right away and some I got during the last 2 cycles through so I rewound and repeated the step combo. I thought it was a lot of fun. Not too hard. I loved the last blast, over the top burpees. Love the background scenery of mountains and trees - makes my heart sing just looking at it. . Cathe’s cueing is good in this as well. To me, this is like a shorter, more fun version of Low Max (and I like Low Max a lot too). P.M. STEP BOSS: Step Sync. Loved this one too. You must have your thinking cap on. I had to rewind a little, mostly the changing foot on the step segments. I still ended up on the wrong side of the step sometimes but I kept going. I mostly got the combos but when Cathe did the finished combos at the end, I had forgotten combo 1 completely. Made me laugh. Combo 1 came back to me the 2nd time through. I didn’t have any issues with the finished combos 2 and 3. Steady state cardio. I’ve never done Cardio Party so can’t compare Step Sync to Cardio Party. This was a lot of fun and I expect it to be more fun once muscle memory kicks in.

Week 9

23. rest day...
24. Happy Christmas Eve!!! (S) STEP BOSS: PHA3. Another awesome workout. The comparison I can make to the other PHA’s is that it follows the format of lower then upper body. PHA3 is definitely more cardio, metabolic and as Cathe said more functional fitness. The pace is faster and has challenging exercises that isn’t just a straight set of heavy weights. I really enjoyed this format and see myself getting a lot of use out of this workout. I was sweating like a soaker hose. Definitely put on those weight gloves to alleviate some of the bite when using the step for rows and pushups, plus sweaty hands when holding those weights. I used weights that were 1 level below Cathe but I could have matched Cathe. I was definitely falling apart at the end so can only imagine what it would have been like if I had used the same weights as Cathe. This fits in nicely with the other PHAs. I’m going to categorize this as a cardio/metabolic PHA. Love, baby!
25. Merry Christmas!!! (S) STEP BOSS: IMAX 4 Combos only + Step Sync Combo 1 and Stretch. Nice sweaty steady state workout. I don’t think I’ll forget Step Sync’s Combo 1 the next time I do the finished combos at the end of Step Sync. We shall see. I really am glad that these are not hard workouts and that they are a brain workout for me as well.
26. (S) CATHE LIVE: Metabolic Madness. Love!
27. FTA: Legs & Glutes Timesaver #1 + STEP BOSS: Step Sync Combos 1 and 2 + stretch
28. (S) CATHE LIVE: Love Me Some Kickbox + STEP BOSS: Step Sync Combo 3 + Finished Combos & Stretch. Love, love, love!
29. (S) STEP BOSS: PHA3. P.M. COUNTRY HEAT: Country Swing (Breakdown + Workout). Country Swing was like Yv2 with skinny people. Very tedious. The breakdown was a waste of time because during the workout Amber does a “watch me” where she breaks down the move again for two 8 counts. Then when everyone does the exercise, you do two 8 counts for 8 sets. Very basic moves, too. Drove me crazy.

Week 10

30. rest day...
31. (S) CATHE LIVE: PHA Plus Cardio. Great workout, again. I think I sweat more doing Step Boss PHA3 though. Have you seen how much Brenda sweats in PHA3? That’s me too! P.M. Yv2: Sweat Sensation + COUNTRY HEAT: Giddy Up. Enjoyed CH more this time but something is missing. I skipped the breakdown which boosted my enjoyment about 10%. I was expecting CH to be dance-y and that there would have been a finished combo where Amber did all the exercises in a creative pattern. Nope. I don’t hate it but I was expecting more.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 07:28 PM  
allgirlsinaz

Last month I was going to follow Cathe’s Nov rotation. I went with something else, so I will do it this month. I don’t have all of the dvds listed in the rotation but will make it work.

1. Gym Style back/shoulders/biceps
2. 30 min t/m (cardio of choice on the calendar)
3. Lean Legs and Abs (premix 4)
4. Rockout Knockout premix 1
5. Gym Style chest/tri's
6. Body Max 2 (step only)
7. 2.77 mile walk
8. nothing
9. Lift It Hit It back/shoulders/bis
10. All Out Low Impact Hiit (floor/step/core 1)
11. 1.96 mile walk
12. Lift It Hit It Legs (premix 1)
13. Cardio Slam
14. Step Max
15. 1.98 mile walk
16. Xtrain chest/back/shoulders
17. Xtrain Cardio Leg Blast
18. Nothing
19. Xtrain Bis/Tris
20. 2.59 mile walk
21. nothing
22. nothing
23. Slow & Heavy Legs/Shoulders
24. nothing
25. Yvette Bachman's Step Cardio Blast Thanks for the shout-out Mrs! This was so enjoyable!! I thought it would be fitting to do this today due to the Christmas tunes.
26. Slow and Heavy chest/back
27. nothing
28. Slow and Heavy bi's/tri's
29. Low Impact Sweat

C25K graduate 10/10

CLX grad 12/09
allgirlsinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 08:11 PM  
MathTeacher

December 1 - Mari Winsor Super Fast Body Blast
December 2 - Mari Winsor PoFF Cardio Sculpt and Abs
December 3
December 4 - Mari Winsor Cardio Sculpt
December 5 - JGTV Beginner Pilates #2
December 6 - JGTV Beginner Pilates #1 (I picked the wrong one yesterday)
December 7 - The Firm Upper Body Sculpt

December 8 - JGTV Beginner Pilates #1
December 9 - JGTV Beginner Pilates #1
December 10
December 11 - JGTV Beginner Pilates #1
December 12 - JGTV Beginner Pilates #1
December 13
December 14

December 15
December 16
December 17
December 18 - On vacation
December 19 - On vacation
December 20 - On vacation
December 21 - On vacation

December 22 - Barre Blend Prep Total Body
December 23 - Barre Blend Prep Cardio
December 24
December 25 - Barre Blend Prep Total Body
December 26 - Barre Blend Prep Cardio
December 27 - Barre Blend Prep Total Body
December 28

December 29 - Barre Blend Total Body
December 30 - Barre Blend Booty
December 31 - New Year's Eve
Old 11-25-19, 08:18 PM  
clerkin11

December already?!?!?
I'm in!

1-2) Started off sick - no workouts - just laying in bed and shopping online all weekend. Very, very bad!!!!!!!!!!!
3) walk halls at work 40 minutes
4) Youv2 Move your Body plus BBL laying down band work plus Cathe Turbo Barre Upper Body only. Inspired by other people's recommendations here (T2B) I decided to get YouV2 and it was perfect for me today. It's harder than a walk away the pounds, but not as hard as intense cardio. And low impact! Loved it! Pieced together a nice workout
5) walk halls at work 40 minutes
6) P57 workout - it was fun but my ball was so deflated. I ended up ordering 2 balls from barre3 during their sale.
7) - 20) SICK - I've been sick and run down for a couple of weeks now. Haven't done any working out except some walking at lunch a couple of days. My kids came home for an early Christmas weekend (since they can't come home for actual Christmas) and we had a fun weekend, but my husband and I were both sick so we kept it low key. Luckily, our kids don't care since they just want to see us. Got some great news too - my daughter is expecting a baby in June. I'm so excited! I love babies!
I finally broke down yesterday and went to the doctor. I still have a fever and a sinus infection. I have no time off left from work, but luckily I have a desk job. And I took my first dose of antibiotics tonight
I've gotten both the new Michelle Dozois and the new Cathe dvd's in the mail and I can't wait to try them out. I'm determined to do something - anything - tomorrow, but it will be on the easy side. Oh I miss Cathe Live and I only got to do one P57 workout before getting sick. I miss working out!!!! I'm excited to read what everyone else has been up to. So inspiring
21) YouV2 Rock it Out plus standing part of Cathe LITE Bodyweight & Bands plus 10 minute floor stretch from latest Cathe series, Not ready to push super hard, but I miss working out and I want to feel like myself again. It will take some time I guess.
22) rest
23) Terri Walsh ART dvd workout 1. Made the rookie mistake of thinking it would be easier because there's floor work. Wrong! This is actually a pretty tough workout and I was breathing hard and sweating. Lesson learned.
24) Yvette Bachman Step Cardio Blast about the first 40 minutes. I was going to stop at around 30 minutes when she takes a water break but then I loved the next song that was on so I had to go a little longer, plus, a Beginning Pilates workout from youtube. It didn't feel beginner, but it was good. I did the step workout with just the topper. It was a lot of fun with the Christmas music and easy choreography. And it was a surprisingly great calorie burn too.
25) MERRY CHRISTMAS
26) Pound workout dvd - I'm not sure which workout it was exactly because it was my friends dvd and she set it all up. She got me some pound stix for Christmas so we could do these dvd's at lunch sometime - and it was fun. It was supposed to be upper body, but I really felt it in my lower body. Nice leg and booty burn.
27) Cathe Live #7 Hard Strikes Low Impact for 30 minutes plus P57 Best Beach Body Power Sculpt: Thighs, Glutes & Abs with Shannon - I always enjoy that old Cathe Live - production quality isn't great, but I like the workout. Trying to do some cardio and then toning. The P57 workout was good - it was a no weight, lots of reps and pulses type of workout. Felt pretty good today and that was great!
28) rest - sore all over from yesterday's workout, so I didn't try it today.
29) Cathe LITE Metabolic Blast plus a meditation from Yoga with Adriene. The Cathe workout was great. This one is not too long and gives a good overall burn. Not too long and a no dread type of workout. And the meditation was nice too. I kept stretching through it and felt great after.
30) warm up from Step Boss IMAX4 plus Intermediate Bonus Step workout plus Shona Vertue 7 Best Butt Exercises. Luckily I was forewarned from other reviewers that the bonus intermediate workout from the new Cathe Step series has no warmup or cool down, so I started with the warmup from IMAX4. I liked the workout - it was fun, steady state cardio. Not too hard, but that was fine with me. I wanted to add on some booty work so I did these 7 exercises for 30 reps on each side. It was clams and glute bridges and hip thrusts etc. Just bodyweight but I still felt it.
31) P57 NYC Studio Sculpt with Chad from June - I got some good muscle burns, but it wasn't a big calorie burn. I know I shouldn't care about that, but since I love to eat, I do care about burning calories. If it means I can have a cookie, vs. no cookie at all, I'll do the workout and have a cookie. I enjoyed the workout, but I get no cookies from Chad. But since it was NYE, I had pizza
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 08:45 PM  
Cher

December

1. Rest Day. I finished getting all my Christmas decorations up instead..

2. Cathe Legs & Abs standing, chair/firewalker, and barre premix.

3. Jenny Ford Coast to Coast New Mexico Step and Cathe Boot Camp Upper Body premix.

4. The 40 minute walk from Leslie’s Burn Fat Fast dvd.

5. All this YouV2 talk so I decided to pull it out. Ended up doing YouV2 Sweat Sensation and Cathe Fit Tower Long and Strong.

6. No workout. My sister called just as I was about to get ready to do my workout. I figured she we would be talking a while so I started walking around my house while on the phone and got 4000 steps in by the time we were done and no time left to workout.

7. Jenny Ford Step Across America Colorado Step

8. No workout.

9. KCM Your Best Body Workout 1 With Cardio Breaks premix.

10. No workout.....had to get my thyroid biopsies.

11. No workout per doctor.

12. JS Barefoot Fusion Walk and some hip stretches from Jill Miller’s Hip Helpers. My hip started really bothering me on Tuesday so I thought stretching would help. I think doing this made my hip worse. I don’t know what is going on with it or what happened but sometimes it’s fine and other times it’s crazy.......with a shooting pain from my hip to my calf and I can barely walk! Ugh!

13. 2 Classical Stretch episodes.

14. By last night I couldn’t even stand up straight and had to walk around bent at a 90 degree angle. I ended up going to Urgent Care yesterday. I posted at the end of this thread about it.

15 - 20. No workouts......back/hip issue

21. Yay, I finally was able to do a light workout! I did Leslie’s Light Walk, Brisk & Steady Walk and Kick & Punch Walk from her 10 minute walk dvd. Then I put in Cathe’s Step Sync and was just going to do the warm-up but combo #1 started and I didn’t want to stop so did that too. So far it was fun! Granted I couldn’t put my “all” into it but it was still fun for now. I can’t wait to be able to go all out with it!

22. 2 Classic Miles Walk from Leslie’s 4 Mile Power Walk dvd.

23. Workout yesterday was One if Gina B’s Festive Walks off Youtube and Jenny Ford’ step Across America Idaho.

24. Merry Christmas

25. Merry Christmas

26. Cathe’s new Step Sync warm-up, combo 1 & 2. I started combo 3 and when she got to the part where she does a squat on the floor then jump onto the step, then back to floor I quit because I couldn’t think quick of a low impact option to sub (since I hope to keep things low-impact right now). I then jumped to the bonus cardio section and did combo 1 of that instead which was fun too.

27 - 29. Had things to do each morning so no workout and never ended up doing one later either.

30. First day of PT and it went well. I really liked the Physical Therapist I got. She did a few tests and came to the conclusion that the slipped disc is not what is causing me pain. It is my SI joint and my piriformis muscles. She said they are REALLY tight. She did tell me not to do any step aerobics or Leslie Sansone right now. (Marching and stepping up on a step works those muscles and right now she is trying to loosen them up and relax them). She said only walking or riding a bike right now. Doesn’t look like I’m going to be getting much exercise since it is to cold outside. Maybe I will have to fight the boredom and do house walking....ugh! I do have a stationary bike but since it is very loud, I can’t use it while DH is sleeping in the morning and I doubt I will talk myself into it later in the day.

31. PT
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts