Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-19, 09:50 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaShanti View Post
(I'm back after 3 years, people!)
Well, if you're here, then I'm leaving. haha, kidding!
Welcome back!!
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-19, 05:23 AM  
Dancing Queen

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaShanti View Post
August (I'm back after 3 years, people!)
Glad to have you with us!!!
Dancing Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-19, 11:19 AM  
AnMrsDe

Welcome back, Carla! Glad you didn't forget about us! Good luck to you this month - as well to EVERYONE this month!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-19, 12:13 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Carla, welcome back!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 02:08 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

CharM, love your theme this month!

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 03:29 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
I got rid of a broken standing fan and thought the metal pole looked interesting and would make a perfect sub for the amped bar so I set it aside. It does. A dowel end cap can be used to cap the ends, if you are so inclined. Added 4 oz magnets to the ends, capped, and voila, I have a better, for me, amped bar. The pole is adjustable too.
Clever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy J View Post
CharM, love your theme this month!
Thanks! I thought of this when I discovered that I had a few more wall mounted dvd holders and decided to place them in order of color. There were more pinks than anything else, surprisingly, so I thought I'd do them. But I'm not going to repeat, even if there's more than one workout per disc (KCM Cardio Pump) so I'll have to choose wisely, because once I do them that's it for now.

In case I'm not here tomorrow, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

link to show you the dvds on the wall, pic was taken in 2012, room is a little different now: https://photobucket.com/gallery/user...MTIxMw==/?ref=
I only have 7 pictures, if you use the arrows, you'll be taken to random images that aren't mine
Old 08-05-19, 05:42 AM  
T2B

Carlashanti - Welcome back!

Char - where did you find wall mounted DVD holders? Nice. Also, what are the pink bar type things on the floor? Nice room!

AsSweet - Your daughter is so cute about your workouts. They notice everything, especially when mommy is happy and working out. . Why do you like Slim & Limber so much?

Happy Birthday, Dorothy!!!, wishing you a wonderful day!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-19, 10:01 AM  
AnMrsDe

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DOROTHY!! Hope you have a great day! Great job on the push-up consistency this past year!! You are an inspiration!

T2B, great job on the creativity of your Amped bar! Mine would probably look like a boomerang by the time I was done! Enjoy your XTrain rotation...it's a goodie! Oh, I'm watching 'Fleabag' when DH isn't around, LOL, it's hilarious!! I don't think he'd appreciate that one, haha.

CharM, awesome workout room!!! Do you still have it 2-3 different colors? Ok, so spill where you keep all your OTHER workouts? I know that's not all of them mounted on the wall!!

ASAS, Slim & Limber IS a great stretch! I got majorly burnt out on it from doing it so much in the past and rarely pull it out anymore; I need to. Does your DD stretch with you?

Have a great week, everyone!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-19, 08:42 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
Char - where did you find wall mounted DVD holders? Nice. Also, what are the pink bar type things on the floor? Nice room!
Thank you!
I'm pretty sure I found the dvd holders at Goodwill. They came in a four pack. I had placed two on the wall and left the other two sitting around and had forgotten about them until I came across them a few weeks ago. The pink bars are Lebert Equalizer which I found on Craigslist for $50 or so many years ago. I haven't used them much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
CharM, awesome workout room!!! Do you still have it 2-3 different colors? Ok, so spill where you keep all your OTHER workouts? I know that's not all of them mounted on the wall!!
Thank you. The weird green is the "new" color (as of 2012). It's in my Mexican blood, I think. You should have seen the garish colors my parents and in-laws used to have in their homes. bwahahhaa Yes, those are all my workouts. Ok, I'm lying. I have 59 dvds on the wall (15 per holder), one bottom spot is holding my pilates ring. The rest are in a small two shelf bookcase that's below the wall-mounted tv, which wasn't in that room at the time, or hiding in the closet.
Old 08-06-19, 06:28 AM  
Cher

Happy Belated Birthday Dorothy!! I hope you had a great day!

T2B, you are so creative!

Char, love your workout room! It looks so much nicer than my dingy basement workout area.

AnMrsDe, what is “Fleabag” about? I’ve been looking for something new to watch.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts