Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-08-19, 10:19 AM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
I'm interested in this set however not sure I can do downloads.

Can anyone share any yoga/stretch dvds that would be similar to this so I can make my own routine? I can't think of any Yin workouts so would appreciate any input

Thanks
Travis has a Yin yoga in his Ultimate Yogi set that is excellent and Travis has a full length (60 min) one on YouTube that's great, too. I also like these from Mark Laham (I think there are three workouts on this DVD). This link offers a little more info about what's on the DVD.

I've done a few other yin DVDs, but none that I would recommend (meaning I did them once and never picked them up again).

I am reasonably flexible, but don't love yoga, so I tend to prefer more straight forward instructors and may be why I like yin...it's more like a really good stretch that other yoga classes seem to me. Anyway, bear that in mind with these recommendations.
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-19, 10:44 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Mark's DVD is good but the setting is a bit industrial. It's been a while since I've done it but remembered liking it. I just haven't been reaching for longer yoga workouts lately. I noticed he has a lot offered on youtube now, so you might want to check him out there first.

I also have Kim Eng's Yin Yoga and Mimi Solaire's Deep Stretch. Between Eng, Solaire and Laham (if I had to choose) it would be Mark Laham. But, Mark is nothing like Travis. Travis' sequencing in any yoga practice/style is the best!

I have loved Travis since his Ultimate Yogi days! I am debating about the Yin practices because I'm not really a download person, either. But, we'll see....I have until the 15th for the VIP discount!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-19, 04:08 PM  
Lannette

Editing to say that I now have access.

I ordered this over 30 minutes ago. Got my PayPal receipt immediately but still have yet to receive an email from with the info on my downloads and streaming access. This is my first order with Travis. I hope I’m not going to regret it.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-19, 04:32 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
I ordered this over 30 minutes ago. Got my PayPal receipt immediately but still have yet to receive an email from with the info on my downloads and streaming access. This is my first order with Travis. I hope I’m not going to regret it.
I got an email today saying their website crashed because of all the activity but that they had fixed it. Hopefully they are just a little behind with the flurry of activity on the first day of purchase.

I am pretty sure I am getting these. Please let us know how you make out.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-19, 04:47 PM  
laurajhawk

I ordered this morning, got the email with info around the same time as my PayPal receipt, and was able to stream - I just poked at it & didn't try to download or anything, 'cause I am at work. I could see the download buttons though.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-19, 04:51 PM  
TriciaR
VF Supporter

Lanette, I did not receive an email after ordering but they were on the site when I used my password. I just downloaded them and it worked out great.
I had to figure downloading procedure.
For Windows you left click on the workout you want
Left click on download this file
Right click the resolution you want
Then choose "save link as"
Tricia

Last edited by TriciaR; 05-08-19 at 04:57 PM. Reason: clarification
TriciaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-19, 04:56 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriciaR View Post
Lanette, I did not receive an email after ordering but they were on the site when I used my password. I just downloaded them and it worked out great.
I had to figure downloading procedure. For Windows you have to click on the workout, then click on right click on the resolution you want and they will download.
Tricia
This is exactly what I just figured out. I realized that there was an area to log in, used my email and password and voila! Access!!

I’m going to be downloading on our MacBook Pro, but not tonight. I taught an extra private exercise class and added an extra massage to my schedule today so I could order knowing they were paid for. Early to bed tonight.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 05-08-19, 04:58 PM  
Mickey12

For those who got these, do the practices have music? The promo had music but it didn’t show actual clips from the practices. Thanks.

Kim
Old 05-08-19, 05:05 PM  
Lannette

Kim, I only checked a few but yes, there is music. I’m not a music expert but I really like what I heard. Very...yin-like.

Old 05-08-19, 05:20 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Kim, I only checked a few but yes, there is music. I’m not a music expert but I really like what I heard. Very...yin-like.
Excellent! I don’t care what the music is, just as long as it’s there. Very yin-like is a bonus, but exactly what I would expect from Travis.

Kim

Tags
flexibility and beyond, travis eliot, yin yoga