Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-09-18, 11:28 AM  
TracyQ

Menopause Weight Shift and Pull On Pants

Hi Guys— I am having the most awful time finding pants that fit. I wore Loft trousers for years but now they are too tight in the waist in my regular size. If I go up a size they are too big everywhere else. I’m too lazy to buy a larger size and have them tailored. I’ve always avoided pull on pants because, you know, they are for old ladies...well now I’m thinking they may be my only option. How do you guys feel about pull ons? Are there any brands you recommend? I need something that is comfortable, I can wear to the office and look half way decent.

I’ve been doing a Cathe RWH rotation and adding on extra ab and plank work but nothing helps with the expanding waist.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 11:50 AM  
Taiga

How close is the fit? If your pants are just a little tight, extenders may help.
Old 10-09-18, 11:56 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
How close is the fit? If your pants are just a little tight, extenders may help.
These may work. I didn’t know they sold them. I will definitely try them. Thank you.

Old 10-09-18, 12:46 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
I’ve always avoided pull on pants because, you know, they are for old ladies...well now I’m thinking they may be my only option. How do you guys feel about pull ons? Are there any brands you recommend? I need something that is comfortable, I can wear to the office and look half way decent.
Some higher end brands have pull on that are IMO chic, the pull on means you don't have extra fabric, zipper button adding to your middle.

I like Joseph Ribkoff, but they are very expensive in stores and you have to size up at least one size (canadian sizing). I buy them on ebay. If you want to know the seller I like ALOT pm me.

Chicos has several pull on styles, some of their styles I wear to work.

good luck, I'm struggling with sizes too right now.
eventmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 12:50 PM  
Exercise Diva

I think the image of pull-on pants being "old lady" pants is changing. Many of the pant styles I see in stores and catalogs today are pull-on style - there is even a line of yoga pants being marketed as dress pants.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 01:03 PM  
GeekyGirl

What about Eileen Fisher? I was given a hand-me-down skirt from Eileen Fisher a couple of years ago, and I love it. The fabric is nice, and it still looks brand new, even after having been much worn by its prior owner and by me. Buying new is pricey, but Garnet Hill carries the label and they have frequent sales. I've never tried Eileen Fisher pants because I mostly wear skirts and dresses (part of why I mostly stick with dresses is that I have trouble finding pants that fit well, but some of these look like they might do the trick for me).
GeekyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 01:13 PM  
marki64

How timely this topic is. I just bought 3 pair of Lee Slim Fits demin with waist band only, no button or zipper. Absolutely love them. They fit really nice and they are not grandma jeans. I have gotten several compliments on them. I highly recommend them.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 01:38 PM  
Jeanne Marie

I totally agree that pull on pants are no longer considered "mom jeans" or grandma pants!

I have several pair of jeans that are very stretchy and legging-like that don't have a button or zipper. They fit more like leggings, but they are denim. I love them! They fit so sleek and are very comfy. They also look better underneath tops, smooth and flat!

There are a lot of brands out there now that have pants like this. Good luck!
Old 10-09-18, 01:51 PM  
MsThistlebottom

I wear these pants from Macy's to the office all the time. They come in various styles. Highly recommended, with the caveat that I am an old lady.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 02:29 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventmom View Post
Some higher end brands have pull on that are IMO chic, the pull on means you don't have extra fabric, zipper button adding to your middle.

I like Joseph Ribkoff, but they are very expensive in stores and you have to size up at least one size (canadian sizing). I buy them on ebay. If you want to know the seller I like ALOT pm me.

Chicos has several pull on styles, some of their styles I wear to work.

good luck, I'm struggling with sizes too right now.
Thanks for your suggestion. I don’t do do Ebay but I will check out this brand.

Tags
aging, jeans, menopause, menopot