Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-08-18, 06:27 AM  
deineira

Any Spinners Here?

Hi,
I’m thinking about getting a spin bike and wonder if there are any folks here who regularly spin? I’ll be using LMOD for most of my workouts, and I think it would be great to have another cardio option. I’ve gone to live classes and while I don’t love it, I like it well enough to add it to my routine.

Any bike recommendations? And for those who spin regularly, what kind of results have you gotten from it? It seems great for cardio endurance.

Thanks
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-18, 10:52 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I regularly spin at the gym and LOVE it. I don't have a home spin bike (wish I did), so I can't help you there, but spin has kicked my booty (without impact!) up one side and down the other. My overall fitness has really improved and my pants are loose.

I would love to try LMOD but it's not something I can do right now....I think LMOD and spin is a great combo, so enjoy!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-18, 04:57 PM  
IceQueen07

I have a Sole spin bike I got on Black Friday a couple of years ago and love it. I used Studio Sweat on Demand. I mainly use this for my cardio mixed in with other programs. Love having a bike at home.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-18, 11:56 PM  
CleverandSmart

I have a Life Fitness IC 5. I use it mainly for HIIT training and spinning is perfect for that. Due to severe joint problems I had to give up running but spinning is a great substitute. I use GCN cycling workouts on you tube. Try them - they are great (and for free).
CleverandSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-18, 11:31 PM  
ADoll

I just got into spinning and it’s a great cardio workout. I bought an Efitment IC301 on Amazon. It’s a belt magnetic spin bike for a great price. I use the Peloton app with it.
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-18, 12:19 PM  
Hazel Porter

I use my road bike on a trainer, but I've heard lots of good things about the Sunny spin bike, which I believe you can get for under $200
Old 09-12-18, 04:57 PM  
deineira

Thanks for the suggestions and the info.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-18, 08:16 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverandSmart View Post
I have a Life Fitness IC 5. I use it mainly for HIIT training and spinning is perfect for that. Due to severe joint problems I had to give up running but spinning is a great substitute. I use GCN cycling workouts on you tube. Try them - they are great (and for free).
I just have a regular exercise bike, but I also use GCN's videos and I agree they're great. Some even have scenery so you almost feel like you're cycling in the Alps or wherever!

Tags
spinning, spinning bike