Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-21-15, 05:43 PM  
Lannette

My Bellicon arrived!

It's probably early to give it a rave but goodness, this rebounder is a thing of beauty!

After speaking with customer service I ordered the strong bungees. My weight falls in the medium range while DHs weight falls in the strong range. I'm so glad I didn't go any higher! It feels quite firm, not even a hint of sagging or coning. There is actually room for them to loosen a bit.

They forgot my free DVDS, probably because they held the order until we returned from vacation. They're mailing them.

I tried a 10 minute segment from the DVD that did come with it. I could really feel my calves working, which is great because the calf is the "heart" of the lymphatic system.

I'm really hoping the strong bungees will be ok for DH. They should be fine since his weight is in the middle of the range.

It's so quiet that my two dogs, who were asleep in their crates didn't wake up when I was bouncing on it.

Well worth the $$$.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-15, 06:37 PM  
katmom

Lannette, most of the Bellicon DVD workouts can be found on YouTube.
Old 09-21-15, 06:44 PM  
Marianne G
VF Supporter

Yay! I'm happy you're loving yours, too! The first time I went on my rebounder I could really feel my soleuses (solei?) and the front part of my ankles as well. I love the bounce - deep, gentle, but I can still jog on it.
Of course, I haven't been on it for a while, since I got the muscle spasms in my lats, but I got meds now, so I'm hoping to be back on it soon. I was surprised at how attractive the rebounder actually is!
Enjoy!
Marianne G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-15, 06:46 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
It's probably early to give it a rave but goodness, this rebounder is a thing of beauty!

After speaking with customer service I ordered the strong bungees. My weight falls in the medium range while DHs weight falls in the strong range. I'm so glad I didn't go any higher! It feels quite firm, not even a hint of sagging or coning. There is actually room for them to loosen a bit.

They forgot my free DVDS, probably because they held the order until we returned from vacation. They're mailing them.

I tried a 10 minute segment from the DVD that did come with it. I could really feel my calves working, which is great because the calf is the "heart" of the lymphatic system.

I'm really hoping the strong bungees will be ok for DH. They should be fine since his weight is in the middle of the range.

It's so quiet that my two dogs, who were asleep in their crates didn't wake up when I was bouncing on it.

Well worth the $$$.

Lannette I am a Bellicom lover and own 4 of them. If you are looking for some videos to do on your Bellicon I have a YouTube channel with about 130 videos on there for rebounding. I created and produced them for my rebounding group on Facebook. Lots of us have the Bellicon. I am doing a 10 Day Beginner Endurance Rebounding and 10 Day Intermediate Endurance Rebounding challenge that started today in my group. You are more than welcome to join us. We all love our rebounders and give tips. I think you would enjoy the group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1640388562863888/

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCJpvpFeEaI0LVTvcwmMTBng
Old 09-21-15, 07:30 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmom View Post
Lannette, most of the Bellicon DVD workouts can be found on YouTube.
I realize this but since my internet is kind of slow I prefer DVDS and since they were supposed to be included I called and asked about them.

Momof10, thanks for the info. I'll probably check your stuff out at some point but I actually have quite a few rebounding DVDS as well as DVDs that aren't for the rebounder but translate to it really, really well. I've been doing what I call a detox rotation and enjoying the Heck out of it! I can't wait to try it on the bellicon.

Marianne, so glad you're going to be able to get back to yours. I agree that it really is an attractive rebounder.

Thanks to all of you for sharing my excitement!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 09-22-15, 08:03 AM  
Lannette

Momof10, I just had a chance to look at your youtube videos - well a few of the. You have a really sweet set up for recording. The music is clear as is your voice.

I've actually thought about taping some stuff for my blog in my rehab exercise room at my massage office but I doubt it would be anywhere near the quality of your recordings.

Old 09-22-15, 08:16 AM  
jackie7

So excited for you! Did you get the folding legs or the screw in legs?
jackie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-15, 08:44 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie7 View Post
So excited for you! Did you get the folding legs or the screw in legs?
I was going to get the folding legs but realized that I actually use my old rebounder legs to hold my sweat towel and pilates magic circle and at times even prop my Swiss ball between two legs for easy to grab temporary storage when I'm not using the rebounder.

I think I made the right choice for my set up. They're super easy to screw on and I assume off. They even have a little squishy built in washer thingies that prevents metal against metal. Total silence other than my feet softly. Hitting the mat.

Old 09-22-15, 08:50 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Congratulations on your new purchase! I completely understand your excitement!

Happy Bellicon Bouncing!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-15, 06:04 PM  
Lannette

Thank you Pam.

One other thought, the height doesn't bother me. Tonight I even realized that doing step ups onto the bed of the rebounder instead of a box would be a great variation and gentle balance challenge.

I posted this in the Fit Prime thread but thought I should post it here too.

Quote:
...if you have the 6 day trainer and you have a rebounder the "Dancey Moves" Week 2 Wednesday is so much fun on the rebounder. I had been doing it on my regular spring style rebounder and loving it. I just did it on my Bellicon and it was a ton of fun. It's not hard but you can activate a ton of muscle depending upon how you use your feet to press into the mat.
Worked my thighs with some simple T-Tapp moves and then did this segment. So much fun.

Tags
bellicon, rebounders