Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-15, 07:18 AM  
lurkerfriend

Firm Express or Firm Zip Trainer?

I've always been a fan of the Firm workouts but haven't really done one in a very long time. I've been very busy exploring other workout systems and other instructors and having so much fun with all the variety. I have been considering to get either Firm Express or the Firm Zip trainer to use as add-ons with other workouts. I really like that they're both short but I'm really not sure which one should I get. Or should I be a true vidiot and get both? LOL What are your thoughts on both of these systems? Which one do you prefer and why?
lurkerfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-15, 07:24 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I have them both and haven't done either one. I'm a member of a private Facebook group where we all check in with the Firm workouts we've done though, and lots of people do Firm Express. I don't remember seeing anyone check in with the Zip Trainer.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-15, 09:17 AM  
firmaniac

I enjoy the ZIP set *slightly* more than the Express mainly because ZIP incorporates med ball & dumbbell work and some traditional step work. So for the short session it is a fresh mini- Classic FIRM session. Because ZIP also includes a "burst go as fast as you can for X seconds" format ( like Express with its countdown clock of 12 or 8 seconds) I get the same sort of work. I won't minimize how *thrilling* it is to have Kelsie, Allie, Stephanie Huckabee, Alison, Emily and Annie on a group setting - I wanted these especially because of Kelsie and Stephanie.

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-15, 12:47 PM  
MoFirmer

I'm a member of that FIRM Facebook group and LOVE both systems! The ZIP Trainer is perfect! It has the ZIP ball which is great because I always wanted an UGI ball but was put off by the price and the fact that I had to have more than one ball to have different sizes. The FIRM ball changes weight with the core ball. The workouts are SOLID workouts. Annie' AMP 2 is typical Annie and I can lift heavy with it. It was great to have Kelsie, Stephanie and the girls all leading in one system. Old times it felt like for sure!

The FIRM Express is fabulous! I LOVE the bursts! I tested them in 2010 and am STILL using them weekly in my workouts! When I do one of those the afterburn lasts for 3 hrs! I am STILL sweating with the metabolism rush.

So my vote is you need both! They cross train beautifully!
Old 06-28-15, 01:23 PM  
Pam

I recently found the ZIP Trainer set at a thrift store, including the 3 DVDs and the 3# & 7# balls (7# found at an earlier trip to the thrift store) This set: http://www.amazon.com/Zip-Trainer-Wo...rm+zip+trainer

Are these DVDs the same workouts?
http://www.amazon.com/Trainer-The-Fi...T8XY6RWQPWMRW1

Are there other workouts for the ZIP Trainer? I am planning to sub it in other workouts, as weight and as the laid out flat pink bra.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-15, 07:36 PM  
firmaniac

Great find at the thrift store!! Your second link is the add-on dvds, which I like more than the original set! I also like that that ZIP set put 3 short sessions on one disc, instead of the format of Express, which was one short workout per disc (thus the 13 discs). Having so many discs was an annoying factor for me, and I liked how The FIRM later put two sessions one one disc as a purple cover release.

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-15, 08:28 PM  
Pam

Thanks Julie for the info on the add-on disk. Like that you found it more fun than the workouts that came with rip trainer . I just ordered it from Amazon and had to order something else to qualify for free shipping.

And I agree with you it is annoying when short workouts on put on separate disks to create a larger set therefore justifying a higher price.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-15, 04:44 AM  
lurkerfriend

Thank you ladies for all your responses. I think that I will start with the Firm Express and then buy the Zip Trainer when the price goes down a little.
lurkerfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-15, 05:40 AM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I have them both and haven't done either one. I'm a member of a private Facebook group where we all check in with the Firm workouts we've done though, and lots of people do Firm Express. I don't remember seeing anyone check in with the Zip Trainer.
When we check in with the Zip Trainer workouts, we usually refer to them as Rev! Cardio, Peak! Sculpt etc. We don't necessarily say "Zip Trainer".
Old 06-29-15, 06:47 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Carol, I'm in a different check-in, but thanks.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm express, firm zip trainer, the firm zip trainer, ugi ball, zip trainer