Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-23-14, 04:57 PM  
vandons

Recommendations for a home indoor cycling/Spinning bike?

I've been doing Spinning at my local fitness center. They have Spinning® NXT bikes which I believe sell for over $1,000 a piece.

Any thoughts on solid less expensive bikes? I haven't really settled on a price range because some cheaper bikes might not hold up but really the cheapest solid indoor cycling bike I can find is what I am looking for.

I'd like to ride while watching Spinervals or Sufferfest videos several times a week.

Thanks for any insight you might have.
vandons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-14, 10:46 PM  
mschris

Have you checked Craigslist? I was able to score a commercial spin bike for $150 a few years ago from a gym near me that was upgrading all their bikes. There are also some retail sellers in my area that sell refurbished exercise equipment that I have seen advertising on Craigslist...
mschris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-14, 11:26 PM  
MARIKA

Johnny G!! Had mine since 2003!
Old 10-24-14, 06:14 AM  
fit_fairy

I have the Sole sb500 and love it. It was $799 a bit higher than I wanted to spend, but had the features I was looking fore. I went to Dick's Sporting Goods and tried one out first.
fit_fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-14, 07:55 AM  
andtckrtoo

I have this one and I really like it: Spin Bike

I've heard people say this one is noisy, but as long as I spray the brake pads with vegetable oil (or WD40 - I just have it in the house with the spray olive oil handy) it's fine and you can't beat the price. It's heavy and sturdy - I can really go to town on it.
Old 10-24-14, 08:16 AM  
catcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post

I've heard people say this one is noisy, but as long as I spray the brake pads with vegetable oil (or WD40 - I just have it in the house with the spray olive oil handy) it's fine and you can't beat the price. It's heavy and sturdy - I can really go to town on it.
I have had that in my cart for a while debating over it, it got so many good reviews and the price is great.
catcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-14, 01:39 PM  
Zenara25

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post

I have that one too. I like it alot but wish I had waited for this one to come out since it's belt driven (quieter). A little more money but might be worth it. http://www.amazon.com/Sunny-Health-F...+Grey+SF-B1002
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-14, 06:50 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
Johnny G!! Had mine since 2003!
I agree with this for the price range you are looking for. My Johnny G spin bike has held up well under lots of abuse.

However, I'm now stalking the Keiser spin bike that I use in spin class which is $1,800! (Hence why I don't own it).
Old 04-21-15, 10:53 AM  
KellyMarie65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenara25 View Post
I have that one too. I like it alot but wish I had waited for this one to come out since it's belt driven (quieter). A little more money but might be worth it. http://www.amazon.com/Sunny-Health-F...+Grey+SF-B1002
Does anyone own this second one? It seems like a good price on Amazon. Is it sturdy?
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-15, 01:45 PM  
susand

if you are a Costco member, I have the xterra spin bike. have had it since 2012. great bike, uses a belt. mine is the mb5880. they have a less expensive model on their website that looks just as good.
http://www.costco.com/XTERRA%c2%ae-M...100137004.html
susand is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
indoor cycling, spinervals, spinning, sufferfest