Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-21-14, 09:17 PM  
Yelly

obsessed with Inov-8 shoes!

Omg, I just got a pair of Inov-8 210's and they are officially my favorite fitness shoes! So comfortable, and I feel so stable in them! For those of you who love them too, what are your favorite styles? I was debating between the 210's and the 240's - now I'm thinking I want both, ha ha! I believe those are both good for cross training, is that right? If I were to buy a pair mainly for running, what is the best style for that? If you had your choice between running shoes from Inov-8 or Asics Nimbus, which would you choose? Also, how do these compare to Vibram Fivefingers (still don't have those yet)? (Sorry for all of the questions, ha ha)
Thanks for any and all input
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-14, 10:40 PM  
EnglishIvy

This is my favorite pair. Got them on sale for $58.Very light, great for climbing rope, super easy on/off. Would never pay $100 for them and felt a little over-stretched at $58. Seriously, they are so light and minimal that it feels like ~$10 worth of shoe. Like the vidiot version of over-priced skimpy lingerie
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-14, 12:34 AM  
missaulnier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia View Post
Omg, I just got a pair of Inov-8 210's and they are officially my favorite fitness shoes! So comfortable, and I feel so stable in them! For those of you who love them too, what are your favorite styles? I was debating between the 210's and the 240's - now I'm thinking I want both, ha ha! I believe those are both good for cross training, is that right? If I were to buy a pair mainly for running, what is the best style for that? If you had your choice between running shoes from Inov-8 or Asics Nimbus, which would you choose? Also, how do these compare to Vibram Fivefingers (still don't have those yet)? (Sorry for all of the questions, ha ha)
Thanks for any and all input
Crazy! I just hopped on to the forum to see if there was any advice re: cross-trainers. I have been doing my workouts in my super padded running shoes and realized that they are not a good design for the cross training workouts I've been doing. I saw the Innov8s on Amazon and was intrigued, but didn't want to lay down a hundred bucks without any experience with them. I ordered some Merrells Crush Glove cross-trainiers, they had good reviews and were on sale. Maybe I'll try some Inov8's to compare them with. Thanks for the tip!
missaulnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-14, 01:34 AM  
suzannaerin

I have a pair that I got on sale at REI about six months ago. They are minimalist--no arch support at all--so keep that in mind (at least the model I purchased). Agree they are comfortable, but because I have foot issues, I can use them for cardio workouts. For me, they are superb for strength training and things like kettlebell workouts.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-14, 06:01 AM  
starbelly

I am a Merrell Barefoot fanatic! They have lifestyle shoes as well so you can find some that are acceptable to wear to work.

I don't run, but Merrell makes various styles depending on whether you do trails (Pace Glove) or pavement (Dash Glove). There are others, of course, but those are the ones I am familiar with. I also have (and love!) the Bare Access which are zero drop but have a bit more cushion (an extra 3 or 4mm).

I read somewhere that some people felt less flexible in the forefoot with 5Fingers. I wear them as house slippers and have noticed a great improvement in foot strength. Some models have a bit more cushion than others. The Jaya is almost a non-shoe it is so thin. The Speed is a lace-up with a bit more in the sole. There are other models for trail running. You need to be able to try on 5Fingers in order to buy. Some models don't work for some people and some people cannot wear them at all because their toes are too short or too long to fit into the pockets. Walk in them for a while before you start running and build mileage slowly. They are also great for things like kettlebell training and kickboxing where you want to feel your feet but it might not be safe to be completely barefoot.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-14, 07:03 AM  
katmom

I am a fan of the Inov-8 F-Lite 249. The Clymb has them for 69.98 and they are currently running a 25% off sale for members. You don't have to pay anything to be a member, just sign up on their site. The downside of The Clymb is they usually have limited sizing.
Old 05-22-14, 07:59 AM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishIvy View Post
This is my favorite pair. Got them on sale for $58.Very light, great for climbing rope, super easy on/off. Would never pay $100 for them and felt a little over-stretched at $58. Seriously, they are so light and minimal that it feels like ~$10 worth of shoe. Like the vidiot version of over-priced skimpy lingerie
I completely agree, ha ha! I would never pay full price for them either. I actually got mine at 6pm too for $39

Quote:
Originally Posted by missaulnier View Post
Crazy! I just hopped on to the forum to see if there was any advice re: cross-trainers. I have been doing my workouts in my super padded running shoes and realized that they are not a good design for the cross training workouts I've been doing. I saw the Innov8s on Amazon and was intrigued, but didn't want to lay down a hundred bucks without any experience with them. I ordered some Merrells Crush Glove cross-trainiers, they had good reviews and were on sale. Maybe I'll try some Inov8's to compare them with. Thanks for the tip!
Oh cool! I do really love them. I would check out 6pm - you can find them for much cheaper than other places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
I have a pair that I got on sale at REI about six months ago. They are minimalist--no arch support at all--so keep that in mind (at least the model I purchased). Agree they are comfortable, but because I have foot issues, I can use them for cardio workouts. For me, they are superb for strength training and things like kettlebell workouts.
So far so good as far as cardio goes, though I haven't tried them for a full-on cardio workout yet - I've mostly used them for workouts like JNL Fusion, with just small spurts of cardio mixed with weights. Thanks so much for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbelly View Post
I am a Merrell Barefoot fanatic! They have lifestyle shoes as well so you can find some that are acceptable to wear to work.

I don't run, but Merrell makes various styles depending on whether you do trails (Pace Glove) or pavement (Dash Glove). There are others, of course, but those are the ones I am familiar with. I also have (and love!) the Bare Access which are zero drop but have a bit more cushion (an extra 3 or 4mm).

I read somewhere that some people felt less flexible in the forefoot with 5Fingers. I wear them as house slippers and have noticed a great improvement in foot strength. Some models have a bit more cushion than others. The Jaya is almost a non-shoe it is so thin. The Speed is a lace-up with a bit more in the sole. There are other models for trail running. You need to be able to try on 5Fingers in order to buy. Some models don't work for some people and some people cannot wear them at all because their toes are too short or too long to fit into the pockets. Walk in them for a while before you start running and build mileage slowly. They are also great for things like kettlebell training and kickboxing where you want to feel your feet but it might not be safe to be completely barefoot.
Thanks so much! I have tried on a pair of fivefingers once, so I did find out my size. They were REALLY hard for me to get on though. I still wouldn't mind trying a pair if I could find a good deal on them. I would love to use them for kettlebells. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmom View Post
I am a fan of the Inov-8 F-Lite 249. The Clymb has them for 69.98 and they are currently running a 25% off sale for members. You don't have to pay anything to be a member, just sign up on their site. The downside of The Clymb is they usually have limited sizing.
Oh cool - I'm actually a member, but I haven't checked there in a while - thank you!
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-14, 01:15 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

$34 for the #185's right now
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...d_i=3031604011
Old 05-22-14, 01:40 PM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-lara View Post
Thank you so much!! What a great price!
I'm getting them - they actually have my size