Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-14, 04:35 PM  
bayportsmom

Leah downloads?

Just wondering if there are any favorite Leah downloads you can recommend? I like challenging segments that make me shake and sweat!

I've been doing heavy weights at the gym since Christmas and I'm feeling a little "thick". I'm going to try mostly body weight / lighter weight and cardio for a while.

I debated just buying the periodization system, but ended up trying "a few" downloads. Well, I've spent $60 now and I want more!! I should have just bought them all. :-(
bayportsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-14, 05:00 PM  
koinonia

Have you tried High Low Levels at the Barre? I'm pretty good with barre but that segment makes me shake like nobody's business. This work out does require that you hold on to something sturdy though, like a Fluidity barre.

I also like Leg and Hip Isolation I and II. Both are hard. Can't comment on III as I haven't tried that one yet.

Side Planks I is another good one.
koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-14, 05:06 PM  
momof10

I just started getting her downloads last Monday. I started by getting just a few and before I knew it I had almost all of them. LOL. I have been doing Tonique for 4.5 years and love them and have done TA for 2 years. All I can say is I love these workouts. They have become addictive to me. Oh yea, I did Horizontal Conditioning consistently for 1.5 years also. I think the Yoga Fusion ones are quite challenging. I love her form pointers and her creativeness. I did one of the Bridge Sequences this morning and it was only 15 minutes, but it worked my glutes so deeply.

The only advice I have is to get maybe the BBPS 2 one. I emailed Leah and asked for a refund for the duplicates I got. She said she would check my order and reimburse me for my duplicates. When I first ordered, I didn't know you could buy them in bulk. LOL

Cheryl
Old 04-21-14, 07:48 PM  
kariev34

I love them all! Not much help am i There is such a quiet intensity with Leah's workouts. She works me hard but I don't feel beat up and tired afterwards. I would love to commit to her periodization plan but I love so many other workouts. I used to love lifting heavy weights but lately I just dread it so I've been utilizing bodyweight stuff.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-14, 09:06 AM  
Travelmug

I haven't done Ballet Body for months but this morning I was thinking about her circular arms workout. So that one, but especially circular arms 2, are wonderful! Her 'Fast and Slow' upper body segment is still the toughest arm workout ever. I don't know how she does it without breaking a sweat.

Also second the leg and hip isolations! Those are great thigh burners. She also has a free express barre workout you might want to try.
Travelmug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-14, 09:40 AM  
Carb8985

I'm also one who loves them all , but my all-time favorites are probably the Yoga Fusion Flows - creative, flowing, dynamic, and very challenging for the arms and core.

As for lower body, I really like Diagonal Foldover and Sitbacks - nothing gets in the glutes like that segment. Seriously. Nothing. I also think "Ballet Body Five" is a very creative sequence and gets a serious burn going in the thighs/quads.

As for core, I like the Ab Tightener series, mostly because I really like working my transverse abs (leg movements while maintaining neutral spine), rather than rectus muscle (through crunches).
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-14, 08:36 PM  
bayportsmom

Oh wow thanks everyone. This confirms what I knew all along....I should have bought them all! I've spent $60 so far, and I've only got ONE that you guys recommended. Sheesh!

Karie, I'm with you.......I'd love to commit to the BBPS but every time I start any rotation, I IMMEDIATELY miss my other workouts. . I have really liked the ones I've done so far.

And thanks Cheryl for suggesting asking for a refund on the ones you already bought.

In any case, it would be more cost effective for me to buy a bundle. I will just keep spending $3.99 each forever!
bayportsmom is offline   Reply With Quote