Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-14, 02:07 AM  
woodie

P57 in 4 months

Hey everyone! I have 4 months before a trip with my sisters to the Caribbean and I am not beach ready! I'm a solid size 10. I'd like to stay a 10 but loosen them up a bit. Not weighing myself - rarely ever do - but I know that I could drop some inches and toning is a definite must. I was thinking of doing P57 and cardio to get me where I need to be. For all of you P57 enthusiasts, can you help me put together a rotation?

I was thinking 4 days P57 (2 days 57 min., 2 days 30 min. or booster with 30 min. cardio tacked on), 2 days Kickboxing or Step. What do you think? Have any of you done a rotation like this? What were your results?

Thanks so much!

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-14, 11:04 AM  
woodie

anyone have ideas? I'm planning to start today! Is it too much cardio?

New Butisattva

woodie
Old 02-14-14, 11:49 AM  
SueT

Woodie, I think this sounds like a great plan. I've been doing P57 for two weeks, and I feel I've gotten more results with this than 5 weeks of Tonique. I've been trying to do the July 2012 P57 Challenge, which is pretty much doing P57 every day. With all the snow shoveling I've been doing since I started on Feb. 1st, though, there have been three days that have been strictly snow shoveling, and no P57.

I was originally going to mix P57 with kickboxing, but I wanted to see what would happen if I did their challenge. I kind of miss my cardio, though, so I'm not sure if I'll stick to the P57 rotation or do something more like your idea.

And by results I mean that my legs and butt look smoother, and slightly smaller. My jeans feel slightly roomier in the lower butt area. My stomach looks flatter, but my waist isn't smaller yet. I like that there's strengthening exercises included for the lower back and lower abs, which really helps with all this snow shoveling.

I hope this helps. I think your rotation is definitely worth a try. And it's good that you're starting 4 months in advance.

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-14, 12:00 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Hi Woodie! I think that doing 2 days of 30 min. cardio with a 30 min. Express P57 added on, 2 days of 57 min. P57 (or one day of a 57 min. P57 plus one day of an hour cardio), and one day added on of all strength (such as Cathe's Power Hour or Les Mills Pump or whatever other full body strength workout you have) would do the trick!
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-14, 12:26 PM  
yahoo205

i love P57. Haven't done it in a while. have you thought about doing their online classes? I know nothing about the online classes (more or less intense).
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-14, 12:35 PM  
woodie

thanks so much for your responses! Wow, SueT those are great results in just 2 weeks! I know I would miss my cardio.

New Butisattva

woodie
Old 02-14-14, 12:58 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Probably my best rotation ever was Slim Series alternating with kickbox and barre. I'd do a SS workout one day, and kickbox plus Lotte Berk the next. About an hour a day, and it really slimmed me down! Sounds similar to what you have planned.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-14, 03:17 PM  
woodie

Yahoo205 I would probably do some of the online classes also. I am interested in checking those out.

Pratima - yes, I think it is similar.

I'm looking forward to it!

New Butisattva

woodie
Old 02-15-14, 02:13 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Woodie, I think your rotation sounds great. And you have four months, so if things are not going as planned, you can switch things up too.

Just FYI, I started doing P57 about five times a week only a few weeks ago. Literally, after only five or so workouts, I SWORE my jeans fit looser. And now I know they really do. Seriously.

I'm getting married soon (now in two weeks!) so once I realized what was happening, I decided to stick to P57 with yoga thrown in once in a while to see what would happen. And so far, so good! Now I only wish I had the $$ to sign up for the monthly streaming subscription. I can't get enough.

Personally, I definitely get a cardio effect from P57. I'm not certain it's 'enough' (what IS enough anyway?) but unfortunately, I'm sort of coming to realize...I don't think cardio likes me And this is a big deal and big realization.

I've always loved cardio, but many times, especially when I do more intense cardio, I end up sabotaging my own results, feeling exhausted, gaining weight and what have you. I simply don't get it. But that too has been impetus to stick to P57 and see what happens.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-14, 08:32 PM  
woodie

Congratulations on your wedding!!!!!

That's what I'm looking for - loose pants! I can't wait to see what this rotation does for me. Thanks so much!

New Butisattva

woodie