Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-25-13, 09:11 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Wanted to pop in and say that I got the five dvd set before the original and really liked it, so when the original went on sale at collage recently, I picked it up and finally did it one day last week -- I LOVE it! I'm so happy to have another one to put in the mix. For me it seemed a teeny bit easier than the fusion ones in the set -- maybe because I have been doing them. I still had to take some breaks, mind you, but something about the moves in that one is easier for me.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-13, 09:38 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliholli915 View Post
Sure! I have been doing TA as my core system for months now and have slowly added in DB and Tonique which is why I know exactly how they've changed my body. TA gives amazing results. But, cross-training with other styles just supplements the work of her workouts. I'm not sure why she's opposed to anyone doing anything other than her system, especially when they all just compliment each other.

The first week I added DB, I dropped 4.2 pounds and I only added it once. Since then, my arms are much more toned as well as my abs and inner thighs. Overall, with DB, I'm leaner...much leaner.

When I added Tonique, my whole lower body began to take shape and get smaller. Plus, my thighs and back body began taking better shape. I was really worried that I would bulk up. But, these boards convinced me to at least try it. I am not sorry! I only use Tonique once per week. But, I plan to increase to twice next month by using it as cardio on one of my TA days. Overall, I'm way leaner and way stronger than with just barre and noticed a marked change in endurance when I added DB.

Here's my rotation:

Su: TA Dance Cardio and TA Meta Hip MS
Mon: Barre (I usually do anything from Barre3, P57, PB, Exhale, Xtend, etc.)
Tu: TA Dance Cardio and TA Meta Hip MS
Wed: Rest
Th: TA Dance Cardio and TA Meta Hip MS
Fri: DB
Sa: Tonique Premiere

As mentioned, next month, I plan to add Tonique 2 as cardio to one of the TA days in place of dance cardio. I'll still do MS on that day. Hope I can do it!

Good luck!
Thanks for sharing your rotation! I took a break from my DB/Tonique rotation since I was worried about burning out on them, and started TA Glutecentric about nine days ago. I want to add in DB and Tonique, and will use this as a guideline for doing so. I did the original DB yesterday, and felt so great afterwards.

Can I ask if you do all ten levels in Meta Hip? Thanks!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-13, 09:39 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I have been revisiting P57--all of them--and have been loving them. But the Dream Body series is still on my wish list and really it is my budget that is holding me back.
If you have both, have done both, I would love to hear your opinions.
Hi PhyllisG,

I'm an hourglass shape, and when I was doing P57, I ended up getting really big in the thighs/saddlebags area. With DB, though, I've been slimming down all over, and getting more of the overall aesthetic that the instructors have in the workouts.

What is your body shape like? That would make a difference.
Old 03-25-13, 06:31 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

I tried Fusion Mix today. I followed the modifier a lot and used a mini-ball when I could since I am not very nimble with the large stability ball. I made it!!!! I could not do all the things they did (was able to get my leg through but then had problem getting back to the low second position plie in one combo), and I was a lot slower, but it helped to look away when they were doing things like ballerina burpees. In that way, I didn't feel discouraged if I couldn't go as fast as they did.

I agree with others that this series is not barre-like. It is a more feminine version of calisthenics/bootcamp. I can see how it produces good results; very intense.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-13, 09:54 PM  
holliholli915

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
Can I ask if you do all ten levels in Meta Hip? Thanks!
Thanks! Yes, I do all ten levels before advancing. It takes a little longer to complete a disc. But, that's okay. I wouldn't be able to do just TA every day. But, splitting it up makes me feel like I'm getting some variety. It's working for me.
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-13, 07:14 AM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

Quote:

Here's my rotation:

Su: TA Dance Cardio and TA Meta Hip MS
Mon: Barre (I usually do anything from Barre3, P57, PB, Exhale, Xtend, etc.)
Tu: TA Dance Cardio and TA Meta Hip MS
Wed: Rest
Th: TA Dance Cardio and TA Meta Hip MS
Fri: DB
Sa: Tonique Premiere

As mentioned, next month, I plan to add Tonique 2 as cardio to one of the TA days in place of dance cardio. I'll still do MS on that day. Hope I can do it!

Good luck!
I'm rotationally challenged but this looks good! I've been starting and stopping Meta Hip and Abs for a couple years, so I think I"ll start on month 2 of one of the Metas - since I'm burned out on the first month.

Yesterday I did a couple segments from Tonique 2, so tonight I'll do a Meta mat workout and 30 minutes of cardio from Sculpt Dynamics. Thanks for sharing!
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-13, 08:40 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Thanks! Yes, I do all ten levels before advancing. It takes a little longer to complete a disc. But, that's okay. I wouldn't be able to do just TA every day. But, splitting it up makes me feel like I'm getting some variety. It's working for me.
Thanks! I think I'll try that, too!
Old 03-26-13, 08:40 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonH View Post
I tried Fusion Mix today. I followed the modifier a lot and used a mini-ball when I could since I am not very nimble with the large stability ball. I made it!!!! I could not do all the things they did (was able to get my leg through but then had problem getting back to the low second position plie in one combo), and I was a lot slower, but it helped to look away when they were doing things like ballerina burpees. In that way, I didn't feel discouraged if I couldn't go as fast as they did.

I agree with others that this series is not barre-like. It is a more feminine version of calisthenics/bootcamp. I can see how it produces good results; very intense.
Hooray for making it! Yay!!

Yes, it's definitely crucial to modify and not worry if you can't keep up. These workouts are intense for sure!
Old 03-26-13, 10:28 AM  
prettyinpink

DB is a lot more intense IMO.

I just got them and did one of the fusion workouts. She said pick up light weights so I grabbed three pounds. HOly moly, thirty minutes later I thought I was going to die.

Then I did a search on here and found out most people are using two pounds and even going out to buy one pound weights. I was so relieved that maybe I am not as horribly out of shape as I thought. The cardio factors of these is great, because there are no breaks for stretching or anything else.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-13, 10:32 AM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

I am using the 1-lb. weights that I got with my Cardiobarre.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream body fusion