Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-22-13, 06:03 PM  
kmissa

Ok why I read this board dream body wasn't even on my radar :/
kmissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-13, 09:11 PM  
holliholli915

Go for the DB! It is really incredible. One of the best toning/cardio workouts out there. Hands down! I used to love barre and have all of the P57 DVDs and have done the workouts online. I used to do P57 exclusively and I have never gotten the results that I'm getting from my DB/TA/Tonique rotation. I have lost an amazing amount of inches and the shape and tone I'm getting is nothing short of amazing. My legs are tough to tone and they are now toned. Plus, I can now do push ups on my toes. I was never able to do that with just barre.

I still do one barre workout a week. But, there are so many options out there that get amazing results and DB is one of them! I wish they'd come out with more DVDs or online options! I'm hooked!
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-13, 10:25 PM  
bayportsmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliholli915 View Post
Go for the DB! It is really incredible. One of the best toning/cardio workouts out there. Hands down! I used to love barre and have all of the P57 DVDs and have done the workouts online. I used to do P57 exclusively and I have never gotten the results that I'm getting from my DB/TA/Tonique rotation. I have lost an amazing amount of inches and the shape and tone I'm getting is nothing short of amazing. My legs are tough to tone and they are now toned. Plus, I can now do push ups on my toes. I was never able to do that with just barre.

I still do one barre workout a week. But, there are so many options out there that get amazing results and DB is one of them! I wish they'd come out with more DVDs or online options! I'm hooked!
Can you tell us a format for your "rotation"? I was going to start next week with 1 Dreambody or Tonique per week, 1 barre per week, one heavy upper body weight lifting day with TA meta ab/leg segment, one heavy weight leg day with yoga. The heavy weight lifting days are me finally giving in to the constant harassment of my husband and son about lifting with them at the gym. My weight is down, my upper body is defined and muscled (I'm sometimes proud, sometimes mortified.....), but my lower body is still kinda flabby, so I'm super interested in how often you do these to get results!!! ( I only have 4 days per week to workout, and try to do cardio daily too.). Thanks!!
bayportsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-13, 09:48 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
I have done both. I prefer Dream Body. Nothing against P57. Fun workouts. I prefer the aesthetic DB gave. I didn't like P57's effect on my lower half. I find DB more intense as well.
HTH.
edensmom, I think it was you on the Slim Series thread saying you got great results doing a SS rotation at one time. Do you find you are getting similar results with DB? I know the OP was comparing DB with P57 but maybe we could throw SS in there too? Thanks.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-13, 10:08 AM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
edensmom, I think it was you on the Slim Series thread saying you got great results doing a SS rotation at one time. Do you find you are getting similar results with DB? I know the OP was comparing DB with P57 but maybe we could throw SS in there too? Thanks.
I have actually thought these share some similarities since I got this set but wouldn't want to scare anyone off, lol. They are high rep and really focus in on women's trouble spots- glutes, outer and inner thighs, obliques. One thing that I like better about DB is the arms get worked a lot in plank and with less traditional arm work. My arms muscles get a little big for my taste with a lot of bicep curls, etc., high rep or not. But as far as the lower body, the results are close. They do throw a bit more explosive movement in, which I like for my butt. I think they would work well together. They really are going after the same type of aesthetic.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-13, 10:23 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Thanks for your reply, edensmom. I have been interested in this set for awhile but have been trying to convince myself they're not for me. But I do like SS and the results I get from it so I think DB really might be something I would like and would be effective for me. Now do I really NEED it, well that's another story...
Old 03-23-13, 10:33 AM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Thanks for your reply, edensmom. I have been interested in this set for awhile but have been trying to convince myself they're not for me. But I do like SS and the results I get from it so I think DB really might be something I would like and would be effective for me. Now do I really NEED it, well that's another story...
I have gotten a lot more use out of this set than I have many (most) of my other purchases. Many times I will get something new and it sits on the shelf, or gets used once and forgotten. I have used this every single week since I got it- except this week due to illness (I have the flu, daughter has strep throat.) I am really happy I got it. I'm sure you could live without it, but if you can spring for it, it is a great set.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-13, 11:00 AM  
diggerholliday

Quote:
I have actually thought these share some similarities since I got this set but wouldn't want to scare anyone off, lol. They are high rep and really focus in on women's trouble spots- glutes, outer and inner thighs, obliques. One thing that I like better about DB is the arms get worked a lot in plank and with less traditional arm work. My arms muscles get a little big for my taste with a lot of bicep curls, etc., high rep or not. But as far as the lower body, the results are close. They do throw a bit more explosive movement in, which I like for my butt. I think they would work well together. They really are going after the same type of aesthetic.
Oh, no!!!
I have been sorta, kinda interested in this set for a while but have been turned off by all the equipment needed but this just turned everything around.

I have a love/hate relationship with SS. I love it because it's easy and gives me noticeable results in about a month. but I hate how long some of them are and the background exercisers annoy me.

I think I might be due for a treat
diggerholliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-13, 11:50 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
I have gotten a lot more use out of this set than I have many (most) of my other purchases. Many times I will get something new and it sits on the shelf, or gets used once and forgotten. I have used this every single week since I got it- except this week due to illness (I have the flu, daughter has strep throat.) I am really happy I got it. I'm sure you could live without it, but if you can spring for it, it is a great set.
The same thing happens to me lately too. I buy things and use them once or not at all. I have a gc for amazon which would help with a good chunk of the cost. Thanks for all your input. It's very helpful.

I hope you and your DD feel better soon.
Old 03-23-13, 11:52 AM  
holliholli915

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayportsmom View Post
Can you tell us a format for your "rotation"?
Sure! I have been doing TA as my core system for months now and have slowly added in DB and Tonique which is why I know exactly how they've changed my body. TA gives amazing results. But, cross-training with other styles just supplements the work of her workouts. I'm not sure why she's opposed to anyone doing anything other than her system, especially when they all just compliment each other.

The first week I added DB, I dropped 4.2 pounds and I only added it once. Since then, my arms are much more toned as well as my abs and inner thighs. Overall, with DB, I'm leaner...much leaner.

When I added Tonique, my whole lower body began to take shape and get smaller. Plus, my thighs and back body began taking better shape. I was really worried that I would bulk up. But, these boards convinced me to at least try it. I am not sorry! I only use Tonique once per week. But, I plan to increase to twice next month by using it as cardio on one of my TA days. Overall, I'm way leaner and way stronger than with just barre and noticed a marked change in endurance when I added DB.

Here's my rotation:

Su: TA Dance Cardio and TA Meta Hip MS
Mon: Barre (I usually do anything from Barre3, P57, PB, Exhale, Xtend, etc.)
Tu: TA Dance Cardio and TA Meta Hip MS
Wed: Rest
Th: TA Dance Cardio and TA Meta Hip MS
Fri: DB
Sa: Tonique Premiere

As mentioned, next month, I plan to add Tonique 2 as cardio to one of the TA days in place of dance cardio. I'll still do MS on that day. Hope I can do it!

Good luck!
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream body fusion