Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-10-16, 11:39 AM  
twinkletoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
. I find the whole streaming/online workout trend such a money suck for the consumer and a very lazy way for the instructor to make money without all the expense of putting out great dvds which includes good sets, music, outfits etc. JMHO of course.
I agree. The only streaming I would consider is possibly Cathe OnDemand in the future. And also LiveExercise or whatever it's called (saw it on Roku). If DVDs become obsolete in the future, I'm totally fine with the collection I have.
Old 02-10-16, 06:05 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletoes View Post
I agree. The only streaming I would consider is possibly Cathe OnDemand in the future. ... If DVDs become obsolete in the future, I'm totally fine with the collection I have.
I agree!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-16, 08:23 PM  
MoFirmer

I like that Emily is trying to come up with ideas to cater to those who can't make it to her in studio Bootcamp. I have been asking for YEARS for them to have an option for the at home exerciser. This is based on her Bootcamp she leads at The FLEX. For the time and effort she puts into this it is a really good deal.

It shows she's trying hard to develop a new road for fitness after The FIRM. It makes me excited to see what she has in store for this as well as BEMAX.
Old 02-10-16, 09:03 PM  
Arielle96

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post
I don't know how much I can cut & paste from the closed Facebook group, so I'll just leave it as this: For the online group bootcamp program, it looks like it will be $300 for the six-week program.

That's way outside my budget, so I won't be signing up. I hope the BEMAX streaming service, when it's officially launched, will be more affordable.
+1 WOW!!!
Arielle96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-16, 07:48 AM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post
I don't know how much I can cut & paste from the closed Facebook group, so I'll just leave it as this: For the online group bootcamp program, it looks like it will be $300 for the six-week program.

That's way outside my budget, so I won't be signing up. I hope the BEMAX streaming service, when it's officially launched, will be more affordable.
Well that shut me right down! No interest at all in a $300 six week program! Best of luck to Emily though! I think there are so many streaming options for people now, she might be hard pressed to find participants at that price.
Old 02-11-16, 09:10 AM  
daisyfit

I would have liked to do the program but 300 dollars is just too expensive.
daisyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-16, 06:44 PM  
MoFirmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
Well that shut me right down! No interest at all in a $300 six week program! Best of luck to Emily though! I think there are so many streaming options for people now, she might be hard pressed to find participants at that price.
I think I should clarify. This doesn't have anything to do with the BEMAX streaming. This is totally separate! She does bootcamps in her gym. They run 6 weeks. Those bootcamps are $300 in her gym. She is offering the same program she puts her clients through in this program.

Here is Emily's description on the difference....

"
I have had a lot of questions and I think I need to clarify things, so here are a few tidbits that might help things make more sense:

1) These BOOT CAMP workout are NOT streamed from live classes. I will create workouts for you and post them to the group as well as short videos about form,explanations of moves, and short workouts. You can do them anytime and once you have them, they are yours.

2) This BOOT CAMP is what I do in the studio in Lexington, SC and what I charge my local clients. You are basically getting 18 personal training sessions (online) and have access to me for questions and nutrition help if you decide to go that route.

3) The GROUP Boot Camp option will be workouts posted for all in the group. Yes, I will cater to ALL fitness levels and give help with modifications. The PERSONALIZED Boot Camp option is when we talk, one on one, and create 6 weeks of workouts JUST FOR YOU. No one else gets them, but you do have access to the group workouts too.

Hope that helps answer questions for you guys!!"

Tags
bemax, emily welsh, the firm, the flex