Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-14, 05:26 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

New to Leah Sarago and have a question...

I just got Leah's Signature Total Body workout and was surprised at how fast time flew doing it! I knew it was long, but it sure didn't seem like it, and goodness, I really enjoyed myself! Of course, I might change my tune about that tomorrow when I see how sore I am, LOL.

So my question is...if I'm a person who intensely dislikes the concept of 'parts' or working different body parts different days, would I dislike her Upper/Lower/Core workouts because of that? Or do they seem to simultaneously work the whole body but with the focus just being more on one part?

Did that even make sense?

Like I need ANY. MORE. NEW. WORKOUTS. But I really like Leah! So enable me or not, Leah fans...give me the scoop!! Thanks!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-14, 09:45 PM  
Gancho Girl

I would suggest giving the "parts" DVD a miss if you intensely dislike working the parts individually. Each of the DVDs is very very focused on its "part" - the rest of the body does move and get involved, but only at a minimal level.

---
http://livingroomathlete.blogspot.com/

Disclosure statement: I am a facilitator for Misty Tripoli's THE GROOVE and a Pilates instructor.
Gancho Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-14, 09:52 PM  
Honeydew

kittybug, You might give her "parts"dvds a chance. Right now I am doing BBPS1 and my schedule this month is 1 total body,1 lower/core and 1upper/core. I didn't think I'd like working out that way but I do. Later on in the program I believe it's one body part per day and I am anxious to get to that part and see what it's like. I enjoy BB! No dread!

ps the upper body dvd will definitely work your core
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-14, 09:58 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Well, shoot, ladies, thanks for your thoughts!! I've been doing a lot of research and watching clips and thinking. I don't think it's separating upper/lower/core that bugs me as much as, say, one single body part (triceps/chest, biceps/back, whatever) if that makes sense? So maybe I should give these a chance. I'm just really intrigued by her style. My upper body is fried from the Total Body DVD I did today, and that was only a 20 minute section!!

Sigh. Any more opinions?
Old 04-25-14, 10:02 PM  
koinonia

I'm not into splits either but I've done both her upper and lower body DVDs and like them both. They're not overkill and the time just flies. The stretch segment at the end of the lower body workout is wonderful.
koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-14, 10:04 PM  
catcrazy

Her upper body workout also works the core a lot with all the plank moves.
catcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-14, 10:10 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Freaking enablers, LOL!!

Maybe I just want to be told what I want to hear, which is that I must have these
Old 04-26-14, 12:44 AM  
Gancho Girl

We are here to enable...

I think the "parts" DVDs are great (well, Core I'm a bit hoo-hum on, but the others I love). It's just if you were really passionately against focusing on upper or lower that you'd probably hate it.

Leah is awesome.

---
http://livingroomathlete.blogspot.com/

Disclosure statement: I am a facilitator for Misty Tripoli's THE GROOVE and a Pilates instructor.
Gancho Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-14, 06:52 AM  
caitlinpyle

It's not enabling, it's empowering ;-)

Barre, Indoor Walking, and Rebounding Lover

Favorites: Suzanne Bowen, Jessica Smith, Ellen Barrett
caitlinpyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-14, 10:19 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlinpyle View Post
It's not enabling, it's empowering ;-)
ha! that's a good one.

I have all 4 and I prefer Total Body to the parts. The parts are all voice-over, which I don't really love. And they sort of feel like over-kill to me. But thanks to this thread, I might do one today and see how I feel. I'll report back if I've changed my mind.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote