Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-16-14, 11:44 AM  
slysam

[QUOTE=kittybug;2362287

Personally, I definitely get a cardio effect from P57. I'm not certain it's 'enough' (what IS enough anyway?) but unfortunately, I'm sort of coming to realize...I don't think cardio likes me And this is a big deal and big realization.

I've always loved cardio, but many times, especially when I do more intense cardio, I end up sabotaging my own results, feeling exhausted, gaining weight and what have you. I simply don't get it. But that too has been impetus to stick to P57 and see what happens. [/QUOTE]

Congrats! About the cardio, I love cardio too. What you describe sounds like you may have been doing too much (duration, frequency, intensity or impact or some combination) for your body in context of your other workouts and life. I've had where I felt famished and binged from cardio or felt exhausted and I think I was just doing too much (or too much impact/intensity). It can be good to take a break once in a while from intentional cardio if you get enough activity. P57 will likely help you maintain your aerobic fitness to some extent. Or may just add in a couple sessions in the week if you really miss your favorite aerobic workouts.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-14, 12:15 PM  
mommyofjoeyp

The rotation I always come back to is 4 days of barre and 1-2 days kickboxing so I think your rotation sounds great!
Old 02-16-14, 01:02 PM  
koinonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodie View Post
Hey everyone! I have 4 months before a trip with my sisters to the Caribbean and I am not beach ready! I'm a solid size 10. I'd like to stay a 10 but loosen them up a bit. Not weighing myself - rarely ever do - but I know that I could drop some inches and toning is a definite must. I was thinking of doing P57 and cardio to get me where I need to be. For all of you P57 enthusiasts, can you help me put together a rotation?

I was thinking 4 days P57 (2 days 57 min., 2 days 30 min. or booster with 30 min. cardio tacked on), 2 days Kickboxing or Step. What do you think? Have any of you done a rotation like this? What were your results?

Thanks so much!
I think this is a very good and balance plan. A few years ago, I was doing 30 min barre and jogged 30 mins afterwards and had great results. IIRC I dropped a size within 2 weeks.

From the testimonies I've read on this forum, you can get results from barre alone but it'll take longer. Cardio added to barre seems to accelerate the results.
koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-14, 04:52 PM  
woodie

Thanks for weighing in everyone! I am ready to try this out! Wish me luck!

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote