Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-14, 06:21 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Really, barre is an amazing workout for pregnancy and post-partum. I'm actually just writing a blog post about my own story and why I'm so passionate about barre, esp. for mothers. I'm going to try to publish it this week.
Good - I enjoy your blog articles and look forward to reading it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatski View Post
I made some huge posts during and after my pregnancy on just this topic. I did P57 Classics 1 & 2, Pop Physique Hardcore, The Bar Method Dancer's Body, Pure Barre Pershing Square 2, Ballet physique Classic, Ballet Physique Amped Up, and Barre3 throughout my pregnancy. I was previously a serious intensity junkie. I was so pleased with the results that i have continued to Do barre post partum. I was back in my pre pregnancy clothes about a week post partum.
Always enjoy reading your posts as well. Honestly the two of you are enough to convince me to try barre again, one of these days...
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-14, 07:08 PM  
mmis29

Wow! Thank you so much for all the replies and helpful information!

I'm on all the restrictions because my cervix is slightly shorter than what is considered normal, which can put me at risk for pre-term labor. I'm being monitored every couple of weeks to check progress and be re-measured. Heavy weights and high impact put a lot of pressure on the area that my defective parts might not be able to withstand

Not being able to work out the way I want to totally and completely sucks, but I'm trying to look for the silver lining - so many of you are in love with barre...maybe I'll find something new that I end up really enjoying!

So many great suggestions, and a blog to read too. As usual, I am so grateful for the support on this board!
Old 02-11-14, 08:22 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Don't worry, Marianne, there is much you can do without impact and heavy weights!! It's just a few months... a very short time in the grand scheme of things.

My barre story is up on the blog: http://amomwalksintoabarre.blogspot....r-mothers.html
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-14, 08:39 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Don't worry, Marianne, there is much you can do without impact and heavy weights!! It's just a few months... a very short time in the grand scheme of things.
You may decide you love barre workouts!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-14, 11:09 PM  
koinonia

Quote:

My barre story is up on the blog: http://amomwalksintoabarre.blogspot....r-mothers.html
Wow great testimony Nuggie! Thanks for sharing your story.
koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-14, 12:51 PM  
meg39

A little late to this discussion, but if the Ruah Release and Warrior workouts are still available, they might suit your needs. Suzanne Bowen was in both of these, and pregnant at the time, so showed modifications. I believe she also put out a prenatal workout at the same time as these 2 workouts.

I really enjoy both of those workouts - no equipment needed either, besides a mat.
meg39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre, pregnancy