Casey
Ditto! Cheryl, you are amazing!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-14, 10:08 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
Sylwia's teaches at Complete Body and Spa on 19th Street between 5th and 6th Avenue. She teaches MWF from 9:30 - 11:30. HTH

Cheryl
Oh my gosh, thank you so much Cheryl!!!! Thank you thank you!!

ETA: Oh, and I think you are amazing too
Old 02-07-14, 06:36 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey View Post
Cheryl
Owwwww
I mean WOW!

Casey
Casey & Leanne - You two could do it, too, if you did Tonique as much as I do. I have been doing it daily. The first time I did FF Phase 2 it felt quite grueling for me. So, I thought the next time I would break it up and do it halfway through then the next day do the second half, but when I started it the next time, I felt like doing it all. It didn't seem nearly as bad as the first time. So, each time I do it, it's not as bad as the time before. I think FF Phase 2 is more core intensive than BTM1.1. Phase 2 doesn't feel like overkill for the legs, except right in the beginning. Sylwia does lots of various planks with lots of handstand moves. I did Phase 2 on Tuesday and my core was so sore for 2 days, more sore than when I would do horizontal conditioning.

If you keep at it and be persistent, you will amaze yourself in how far you can go with these workouts.

Cheryl
Old 02-07-14, 07:32 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Casey & Leanne - You two could do it, too, if you did Tonique as much as I do. I have been doing it daily. The first time I did FF Phase 2 it felt quite grueling for me. So, I thought the next time I would break it up and do it halfway through then the next day do the second half, but when I started it the next time, I felt like doing it all. It didn't seem nearly as bad as the first time. So, each time I do it, it's not as bad as the time before. I think FF Phase 2 is more core intensive than BTM1.1. Phase 2 doesn't feel like overkill for the legs, except right in the beginning. Sylwia does lots of various planks with lots of handstand moves. I did Phase 2 on Tuesday and my core was so sore for 2 days, more sore than when I would do horizontal conditioning.

If you keep at it and be persistent, you will amaze yourself in how far you can go with these workouts.

Cheryl
Thanks for the encouragement, Cheryl! You're such an inspiration!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-14, 08:09 PM  
koinonia

Cheryl, do you take breaks when you do Tonique? If you're sweating profusely, do you pause to towel down and then continue?

Tonique makes me sweat so much and it grosses me out when it drops on my yoga mat, so I have to pause about every 15 minutes and wipe my face, then continue.
koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-14, 08:46 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by koinonia View Post
Cheryl, do you take breaks when you do Tonique? If you're sweating profusely, do you pause to towel down and then continue?

Tonique makes me sweat so much and it grosses me out when it drops on my yoga mat, so I have to pause about every 15 minutes and wipe my face, then continue.
I will pause when I get thirsty and then wipe down then. With FF Phase 2 that is usually three times. I usually have a drive to just go for it, like I am on a mission, but I know I need to keep myself hydrated. With Tonique, I do sweat lots and lots.

Cheryl
Old 02-07-14, 08:50 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
Thanks for the encouragement, Cheryl! You're such an inspiration!
The thing is you just have to work for it. When I first for FF, I was too intimidated to do it. Then finally, I decided I needed to go for it and do like Sylwia said to train and stick with it. She also says to give it your all, because what's the point of doing something halfway, you might as well not even do it. Tonique isn't for everyone, neither is doing that long 2 hour workout. It just so happens that's what I want to do and I enjoy it. I know others can do it, too. I like how I know which move will come next when I do it more often, too. Those handstand moves are a killer.

Cheryl
Old 02-07-14, 09:10 PM  
casey

Thank you for your encouraging words Cheryl. Tonique is hard for me both physically and mentally. Physically, well, its just so very challenging. Also, its taken me a long time to get to the level I'm at doing Tonique. She does lots of compound movements now that 6 months ago, I didn't think I could do and I'm doing them now. She has movements that I used to think were hard and now when she does them, I think "thank goodness, a filler movement where I can recover!"

But Tonique also requires mental toughness. You said Cheryl that you decided that you were just going to do it and kept working at it. Yes, I've found that after I do a newer Tonique a second time, it never feels as "impossible" as it did the first time. It's something to do with knowing what is coming next and that there's a definite ending point. But, with these new Toniques, I also know they will never feel easy to me. Ever. So for me to do two hours of Tonique I would need that mental toughness too. I feel great if I do 45-70 minutes but two hours just seems like an impossible hurdle to me now.

Maybe I will change my mind in a few months...

Casey
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-14, 10:10 PM  
koinonia

Quote:
I will pause when I get thirsty and then wipe down then. With FF Phase 2 that is usually three times. I usually have a drive to just go for it, like I am on a mission, but I know I need to keep myself hydrated. With Tonique, I do sweat lots and lots.

Cheryl
Since Tonique has been compared to preparing for a marathon, maybe you can ask someone to hold a paper cup of water on the side as you're doing FF2. haha
koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote