Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-19-13, 01:22 PM  
momofcha

Pam - I never worry about matching their rep count. Just do what feels right to you.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-13, 02:43 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

My second time with Bikini Bootcamp this morning.

I definitely have a like/dislike relationship with this workout. It's almost like a switch from when I go from really liking the workout to disliking it, and I'm pretty sure it's because the cardio portion goes on a bit too long.

Again, there's lots of negatives, and I'm having to modify a bit to make it work. Someone a few posts above mentioned doing the front/back kicks by modifying the front kick and back kicks doing your back kicks with your other leg. This works really well for me. I also pause the DVD and do the curtsy lunges separately, and then do the side kicks.

What I do like about this workout is that it is a cardio focused workout. Since the moves are so fast, I would most likely ditch it if it was a toning focus workout. So I'm happy with it. I do sweat buckets with this workout.

I didn't do the floor work today. I had TA's ab continuity to do, and I didn't feel like doing both.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-13, 03:43 PM  
koinonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
Then I popped in the Fusion dvd with Brook, and also couldn't keep up the pace. After a few minutes I was just staring at the TV.
haha same here. I tried Fusion this morning and just ended up staring at the tv ... wow it is tough. It's different though and I actually liked it. I can see getting good results with these if done consistently. I might split this up into two workouts until my stamina builds up.
koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-13, 04:00 PM  
ellaenchanted

I got the set when it first came out and I love, love it. Don't feel like you have to keep up with their pace or number of reps - just build up to it. I paid the regular price and it has been well worth it to me. I have broken the workouts up when I was short on time so I'd do 20-25 minutes in the morning and the rest at night or do it over 2 days. I think what I like about these is the intensive core work. I used to have flat stomach without trying until about 27ish then, my body changed. Now, I am able to keep my legs looking great (former problem area) but need to hit my core really hard. These are perfect for that.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-13, 04:37 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Ok, after my trial and errors this morning with a couple of the more advanced workouts, I finally settled on Barre with Sadie! This was a very good workout, and I liked Sadie. She was very encouraging, pointing out a few modifications (because the "modifier" apparently didn't get the memo that she'd be the modifier!)

Barre had some killer, but doable arm work (and the same with the floor work.) I liked using the band, though my first attempt with my band...it broke.

I'm never up for mountain climbers or anything close to that. Maybe I'm just tired from my long trip and just didn't have the energy necessary today.

The ball work and barre work looked good, but I stopped at about the half-way point in the dvd. I will try this section tomorrow and see how I do!

Yes, I think I will like Barre.

Someone earlier had the suggestion of only doing two of the DB workouts until they learn the moves and build up to them. That's a very good idea!

Also, what I might do is skip some of the cardio parts for now and go for the toning segments.

Pam

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-13, 05:17 PM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
My second time with Bikini Bootcamp this morning.

I definitely have a like/dislike relationship with this workout. It's almost like a switch from when I go from really liking the workout to disliking it, and I'm pretty sure it's because the cardio portion goes on a bit too long.

Again, there's lots of negatives, and I'm having to modify a bit to make it work. Someone a few posts above mentioned doing the front/back kicks by modifying the front kick and back kicks doing your back kicks with your other leg. This works really well for me. I also pause the DVD and do the curtsy lunges separately, and then do the side kicks.

What I do like about this workout is that it is a cardio focused workout. Since the moves are so fast, I would most likely ditch it if it was a toning focus workout. So I'm happy with it. I do sweat buckets with this workout.

I didn't do the floor work today. I had TA's ab continuity to do, and I didn't feel like doing both.
It's hard for me to force myself to do this one again, since I have so many other kickboxing workouts that I prefer. I will give it a go one more time and try to modify to suit my tastes. Thanks for mentioning about the modification on front back kicks. I was so frustrated with them, when I originally did it.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-13, 04:53 PM  
Yelly

I just did Bikini Bootcamp for the 2nd time today, right after my TA workout, and it's so weird because I liked it much better today. I held 1 lb weights today, and I also modified the forward/back kicks, which was much better. The instructor didn't bother me as much this time either - don't ask me why - maybe I'm in a better mood? Idk! I really loved the bridge work near the end - that was my favorite part. I'm so glad I liked this one this time around, because I was kind of dreading doing it again, but it actually felt great today
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-13, 02:24 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hi all,

Haven't read all the way through this thread yet, but I just got this set in a trade (thank you kind VFER, you know who you are!!). I did the first workout this morning, Fusion Mix (with Darby?)...and holy cow. Is it just me, or is sitting on the floor gaping at the TV with a slack jaw considered taking a rest break? I mean, I had to modify the modifications in many (read all) places. And my thighs are shaking, like even now! All I could think was, "Is she high??? She must be CRAZY!!!" Well, at least she certainly doesn't waste any time

Sorry. Seriously. I'm sure if I can make myself do this with any kind of regularity (like more than the once a year I'm currently feeling like I might use it) I would certainly see results.

Well, that being said, I'm sure it gets better....right???
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-13, 03:26 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Hi all,

Haven't read all the way through this thread yet, but I just got this set in a trade (thank you kind VFER, you know who you are!!). I did the first workout this morning, Fusion Mix (with Darby?)...and holy cow. Is it just me, or is sitting on the floor gaping at the TV with a slack jaw considered taking a rest break? I mean, I had to modify the modifications in many (read all) places. And my thighs are shaking, like even now! All I could think was, "Is she high??? She must be CRAZY!!!" Well, at least she certainly doesn't waste any time

Sorry. Seriously. I'm sure if I can make myself do this with any kind of regularity (like more than the once a year I'm currently feeling like I might use it) I would certainly see results.

LOL! I can relate! I have only done one of the workouts and haven't touched the set since. I need to get back to these and "try" more.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-13, 03:54 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Hi all,

It absolutely gets better. I would say by the third time you will be in much better shape with this workout- you will know what is coming up next, what modifications you want to use, etc. The pace absolutely does not feel so fast after you have used the workout a few times. Stick with it, it will get easier, I promise!
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
death by workout, dream body, flailing limbs, fun workouts, yippy chihuahua