Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-25-14, 09:04 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Thumbs up Revisiting Kari Anderson's Reach

I decided to change my routine from primarily yoga to non-yoga stretch workouts, along with Pilates and light barre and fusion workouts.

Yesterday I did Kari's Reach workout for the first time in years. I had forgotten what a terrific workout it is, and what a great instructor Kari is.

I found Reach to be challenging but do-able. There is lots of room to grow--if nothing else, acquiring just a smidgen of Kari's grace and perfect form is something to shoot for.

My balance was definitely challenged, and there is some tough core work as well. Kari makes it all look so easy! She is very, very strong. I was sweating quite a bit by the end of the workout.

I have another workout (Zenga Power and Strength) that is somewhat similar to Reach; both of them are now on my list of favorite workouts. The Lastics workouts are climbing my personal Top 10, as well.

If you want a pure barre workout, Reach isn't it; if you want a pure Pilates workout, Reach isn't it. For me, this is an excellent fusion workout (balance, Pilates, stretch, body-weight exercises). Plus, Kari is so lovely that she makes working out with her a total pleasure.

How wonderful to re-discover an old friend!

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-14, 09:12 AM  
Mickey12

It is wonderful to rediscover an old friend! That's one reason I'm reluctant to get rid of workouts. Over the years my taste has changed and I can "go shopping" in my collection whenever I want and find something that I haven't done in years and find it new again. Something that seemed too easy 15 years ago may feel just right for me now.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-14, 10:29 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Thanks for the suggestion, Betsy! I think I am in a similar place to you right now, sort of, and I believe I have this dvd buried somewhere in my pile -- I will give it a go!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-14, 10:47 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I should really pull out some of my Kari Andersons again. She is so pleasant...like Ellen in a way. I had repurchased these last year when Mary had them on sale.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-14, 03:42 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I haven't done this one in ages but I do love it.
Old 10-25-14, 04:29 PM  
donnamp

I love this one as well - along w/ Center Floor (? title?) and her Angles, Lines & Curves workouts. Is the original ALC on DVD?

One which I would love to see on DVD is the dance workout she did w/ the NW Ballet company - I can't remember the title, but it was a nice dance workout w/ an Angles, Lines & Curves style workout at the end.

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-14, 05:05 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
One which I would love to see on DVD is the dance workout she did w/ the NW Ballet company - I can't remember the title, but it was a nice dance workout w/ an Angles, Lines & Curves style workout at the end.

Donna
If it's this workout, it's available from the website of the Pacific NW Ballet for 5 bucks.

I also ordered Kari's Center Floor.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-14, 05:39 PM  
Demeris

A couple of weeks ago, I pulled out Center Floor. I had forgotten how much I like Kari Anderson and her workouts. I mean to pull down Reach as a follow up but got distracted with Callanetics. Now I know I need to add it in this week.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-14, 05:46 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by eam531 View Post
If it's this workout, it's available from the website of the Pacific NW Ballet for 5 bucks.

Thanks! that's the one!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-14, 07:15 PM  
sugar rose

Kari Anderson DVD's

Quote:
Originally Posted by eam531 View Post

Betsy - I went to the website and saw the DanceWorks DVD for $5, and put it in the cart, but then there was no way to "view cart" or "checkout" - at least I didn't see any

Also, where did you order Center Floor from?

Thanks so much!
sugar rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angles lines and curves, center floor, kari anderson, reach, zenga