Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-14-14, 01:50 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Thanks Lisa. Which discs have two workouts?
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-14, 01:57 PM  
afirmrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedygs View Post
Thanks Lisa. Which discs have two workouts?
Low Impact HiiT
The Plyo HiiT

-----------------------------------------------
"Oxygen is free. Breath it in!" Jennifer Galardi DOTI Hip Hop Party

"A 30-minute workout is just 2% of your day. No excuses." Clubz

Lisa Shaffer 2013 10,000 Kettlebell Swing challenge completed.
afirmrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-14, 03:12 PM  
carolyn jane

What is the point of this - yet another picture on Facebook of Cathe and crew before they started filming one of the workouts.

That tells me absolutely NOTHING about the workout.

How about more details on what the workout actually is - don't need to see the continual parade of crew group shots!
carolyn jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-14, 07:44 PM  
kariev34

Here is a blurb Cathe posted on her forum about the new upcoming workouts:

Hi Everyone! Now that I have finished filming Ripped With Hiit (and returned from the roadtrip) I just wanted to share some highlights about the workouts. First I shared a lot of the low impact Hiit workouts and the Hiit Circuit Upper Body along with some of the rest of the series with our Daytona Roadtrippers this weekend and the response was overwhelmingly positive. Since I had just finished filming the night before it was fun for me to teach it and get a feel for how it was going over with everyone. I could instantly see smiles and a connection to the movements which excited me.

The moves are very easy to follow (as hiit moves need to be) yet very intense. I made a great effort to make them different from past workouts. While I will always have some personal favorites repeated in some new way, about 85% of each of the workouts are refreshingly different from past workouts (in either sequence or the move itself). And the low Impact Hiit workouts are about 90% different from what you've ever had in the past. The only places you might see the strongest resemblance of the past is in the warm ups because I love to keep the warm ups familiar and effective so that you are FULLY warmed up for the ramp up in intensity that follows. I'm pretty confident that the High Impact Hiits and the Low Impact Hiits will be some of your favorite "go to" workouts for getting the job done in 30 minutes or less.

Our Upper and Lower Body Hiit Circuit workouts are really fun. While its hard for me to pick a favorite between the two I think I lean a little more to the upper body circuit because it has a very unique format that we haven't ever done in the past and the exercises are so fun to do together.
The Lift It Hit It Workouts are also tough, time efficient and sequenced very effectively. Find that perfect weight and write it down for the ultimate challenge time after time. And of course as you get even stronger your weight selections will go up too. We all had DOMS for a couple of days after filming those three workouts.

The music on the workouts is mostly all instrumental and very upbeat with driving energy to support the workouts. I hope you like the new Ripped With Hiit Series as much as I do. We are editing machines and working diligently to get these to you as soon as possible. If you have any questions post them here and I will check back to answer them over the next couple of days.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-14, 09:28 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
Here is a blurb Cathe posted on her forum about the new upcoming workouts:
The music on the workouts is mostly all instrumental and very upbeat with driving energy to support the workouts. I hope you like the new Ripped With Hiit Series as much as I do. We are editing machines and working diligently to get these to you as soon as possible. If you have any questions post them here and I will check back to answer them over the next couple of days.
Oh dear. I prefer some sort of lyrics for cardio.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-14, 09:45 PM  
DEEDEE

Love Cathe, but hate her low impact hiit work. I can't stand those air squats and all those plank moves kill my wrists.
DEEDEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-14, 10:57 PM  
jennstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
Oh dear. I prefer some sort of lyrics for cardio.

Same here. This has me worried, if this is anything like the Low impact series music, I know I will hate it. The new workouts sound so good, ugh.
jennstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-14, 06:06 AM  
aqua girl

I'm now "semi-excited" about these but I'll be glad when I get them. From
the sound of the updates, etc., there is probably going to be a lot I can't do.
(higher impact) but I just hope like heck that these workouts are chaptered
like the older ones, (ex: chaptered by each exercise) so I can pick & choose
what I can do and make up by own workout(I still use a programmable
dvd player ) I know that makes for a longer on-screen menu but I have
always felt that the precise chaptering in Cathe's dvds put her a step above
the rest (so to speak) We'll see soon, I guess.
aqua girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-14, 06:49 AM  
Pipi

Can someone clarify the difference with the weighted workouts in this new series and her Burn set one?
When I read the descriptions they sound similar.
Pipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-14, 06:49 AM  
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennstar View Post
Same here. This has me worried, if this is anything like the Low impact series music, I know I will hate it. The new workouts sound so good, ugh.
I'm thrilled it's instrumental. Hopefully it WON'T be like LIS's music. I really like the instrumental tracks in X Train, like the warm up INXS stuff in the upper body workout.

Tags
cathe hiit, cathe hiit workouts, new cathe workouts, new cathe workouts 2014, ripped with hiit