Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-14, 12:44 PM  
suzannaerin

Liquid Grooves

Just got this one from Mary and did the warm up, part of the first section. What a feel-good, relaxing workout! I love it. Actually, it got up my HR a bit, too.

It would be great if Petra would make a LG2..... I have a couple of her less-comple dance-oriented workouts and it takes me a few times to get the choreography. With LG, all that was important was the flow/move, no pressure. Love watching the guy behind her, too, he's amazingly graceful.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-14, 12:58 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

ITA! This is probably my favorite feel-good workout - I love the music, the flow, and the positive energy The background guy is Alex McLean and he has several classes on FitnessGlo: http://www.fitnessglo.com/teacher-34-Alex-McLean.html There are some fun classes with Petra there too
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-14, 01:00 PM  
Jags

Alex was also in Michelle Dozois', BodyFit 360.
Jags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-14, 02:08 PM  
ladyveg

FYI, I don't know if it's OK to mention it in this forum, but I do have that DVD up for exchange if anyone wants to trade for it. I did it last night and while the moves were fun and the choreography was fairly easy, the TIFTTing got to be so much that I quit at about 40 minutes in. I just don't have that kind of attention span. :-D
ladyveg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-14, 06:08 PM  
soulflower

Comparison to Balletone?

I've been eyeing this workout for quite awhile. There isn't much discussion about it on VF. How does this compare to Balletone Center Moves? I really enjoy that workout and I'm looking for something similar.

Thanks!
soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-14, 06:35 PM  
cpcathy

I love Petra, but the TIFTing got to me as well, just too repetitive. I got rid of this one.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-14, 12:44 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
Just got this one from Mary and did the warm up, part of the first section. What a feel-good, relaxing workout! I love it. Actually, it got up my HR a bit, too.
I'll get rid of Liquid Grooves when they pry it out of my lifeless hands. It is such a great workout when you aren't feeling well - physically or mentally - and just celebrating movement is a plus. As noted though, if you can't stand TIFTing, it may not be for you.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-14, 03:37 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
I'll get rid of Liquid Grooves when they pry it out of my lifeless hands. It is such a great workout when you aren't feeling well - physically or mentally - and just celebrating movement is a plus. As noted though, if you can't stand TIFTing, it may not be for you.
When I'm not feeling well, I'm not usually alert enough to notice the TIFTing, so it works well for me.

Wish she'd make another. I like the vibe of the whole thing. Very soothing on days I need something not-jarring.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-14, 03:52 PM  
sherry7899

I love the music on this Dvd.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote