Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-18-10, 08:58 AM  
CarlaVeg

What newer workouts have increased your flexibility?

I know CS is a favorite for increasing flexibility... I was in a CS kick a while ago, but I don't seem to enjoy them that much anymore.... I also know yoga helps as well... I used to do tons of yoga in the past and my flexibility was much better than what it is now...

Anyway,I am looking for short add-on workouts that can help increase my flexibility. I am doing lots of P57 these days and I wish they worked on this more.... any suggestions?

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-10, 09:21 AM  
killoffsonny

Don't they do any stretching in P57? Like they do in The Bar Methods? I like how they stretch after working a muscle in a lot of the barre type workouts.
Old 09-18-10, 10:35 AM  
CarlaVeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoffsonny View Post
Don't they do any stretching in P57? Like they do in The Bar Methods? I like how they stretch after working a muscle in a lot of the barre type workouts.
Yes they do have stretches... but for me they are not enough to actually gain tons of flexibility.

Carla
Old 09-18-10, 10:38 AM  
lilmonkey2

There's decent stretching at the end of both Ruah Warrior and Release. They are chaptered, so you'd be able to pop it in and go right to it. Also, there are a couple of the ballet body downloads that have good stretching segments. I particularly like the stretching segment she did on the dock.
lilmonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-10, 10:57 AM  
michl43

Jill Miller's dvds and "Joint mobility for flexibility"(?) with Annette Fletcher (same instr. as the perfect in ten stretch I believe).. these are very very good for flexibility.
michl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-10, 11:03 AM  
sophie kat

Core Fusion Body Sculpt has a 10 minute stretch segment that I do almost everyday after my workouts. It's really helped my flexibility, especially low back, hips, and hamstrings.

I my VF friends!
sophie kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-10, 12:02 PM  
KathAL79

Another vote for Jill Miller's stuff. I'm loving her PAS (Yoga Tune Up: Post Athletic Stretch Routines) and her YTUAH (Yoga Tune Up: Yoga at Home) program.

I found during my FBB (Rachel Cosgrove's The Female Body Breakthrough) rotation that a dynamic warm-up (she includes one, but there's a template in the Men's Health / Women's Health Big Book of Exercises; I also used the warm-up routine from PAS and the first half of Brooke Siler's Pilates for Weight Loss for Beginners) before my weights and metabolic circuits (interval workouts) and foam rolling, static stretching, and some yoga after weights helped my flexibility a lot.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-10, 12:07 PM  
sophie kat

Jill Miller's Yoga Quick Fix Rx has done therapeutic wonders for my hips. Jill's exercises make it to where my hips feel stronger and looser (mobile) all the time and that allows me to go deeper in all my stretches and keep increasing my flexibility.

Thank You so much Kath for talking me into getting the Quick Fix Rx Series.

I my VF friends!
sophie kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-10, 12:17 PM  
KathAL79

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie kat View Post
Jill Miller's Yoga Quick Fix Rx has done therapeutic wonders for my hips. Jill's exercises make it to where my hips feel stronger and looser (mobile) all the time and that allows me to go deeper in all my stretches and keep increasing my flexibility.

Thank You so much Kath for talking me into getting the Quick Fix Rx Series.
Oh, I love a good success story - and these DVDs, too! You're very welcome, Sophie Kat. But the ultimate thanks go to the VFers who brought Jill to my attention. I'm really into her stuff these days and reaping the benefits.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-10, 01:05 PM  
CarlaVeg

The Jill Miller yoga quick fix, how many minutes is it? and how many segments?

I found the dvd at amazon.com but doesn't give me this info. thanks.

http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Tune-Up-Q...6&sr=8-3-fkmr0

Carla

Tags
flexibility