Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-04-20, 06:52 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I took a walk at work with my co-worker - the one who is considering quitting due to stress/anxiety/unhappiness. She walks slow though so it wasn't really an effective walk!!

Today I did: Jessica's Barefoot Fusion Walk from the Walk On (Dock setting) set.

Christine - that sounds like a nice workout from Faithful Workouts. Gosh, you reminded me that I have a subscription there, too!

Linda - is Happy Yoga w/ Sarah Starr? She has some of her practices on Amazon Prime and I have done a few, they are very nice.

Always a dilemma to think about what to do next - now that i"m thinking about it Sarah Starr and some Jenny Ford sound good, LOL! And, of course Faithful workouts....*sigh*

I guess is good to have more workouts you want to do than you don't want to do.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna

p.s. Carol - are you doing laundry with wild abandon now? LOL!
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-20, 07:14 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workouts were

Ellen Barrett - Barre Conditioning - 30 minutes;
Pilates Nest - R & S Retreat - Day 2: Strength & Balance - 18 minutes;
Jane Adams - Balance & Strength: Lower Body Stretches - 13 minutes

There was actually some overlap between Ellen's Barre Conditioning workout and Smriti's Strength & Balance workout, since the first 10 minutes or so of Smriti's workout focused on standing footwork. My balance "muscles" got a lot of practice.

Donna - I figure slow walks count too - they may not be good for burning calories, but they are good for the joints. At least that's what I tell myself when I walk the dogs. And yes, I did laundry with wild abandon over the weekend!

Linda - LOL on winning the appliance race. I actually left to go grocery shopping and errand running, which I needed to do anyway - I left the repairman visit with my son, because I didn't want to be there in case things didn't go as planned. I was afraid I would lose it, which is weird, because I'm normally a really calm person.

Christine - Nice "yoga" workout - maybe she was afraid that the pilates word would scare folks off. Workout titles are interesting sometimes.

We were almost 80 degrees on Sunday and today the windchills are forecast to be in the low teens all day long with light snow, with colder windchills tonight and tomorrow morning. It's a miracle we are not all sick, all the time.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-20, 08:14 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Just finished GHUTV Walk & Tone to the Max - 40min. Would have loved to add some ePilates but I have to go to the office today and I'm out of time. I'm planning on doing longer pilates class tomorrow though.

Waves!
Old 02-04-20, 06:38 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Faithful Workouts: Lake Powell Flow

I enjoyed that one too! It was more of the same stretching with some floor work and side planks. I'm actually glad Michelle's workouts are not traditional yoga because I'm really not into that.

Donna, I wish I had gotten outside today for a walk, but I had a busy day. I feel bad for your co-worker. I'm glad she has you to talk to!

Carol, that could be! She has other workouts like this on her website that are just classified as "stretch and strengthen". I think that's a better description. I'm glad all went well with the repairman. I don't think anyone would blame you at this point for feeling like you might lose it with him!

Linda, glad you're enjoying your workouts! Clear instruction is definitely good when you're not in a position to look at the TV screen!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-20, 07:20 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

No walk - I got too busy at work to go out for one. My co-worker is going out on leave to re-group. I hope it helps her!

I did do Essentrics Full Body Stretching this evening.

My DD switched into AP Psychology from "regular" Psych and she is working to catch up tonight. It is good for her - it is a better focus than social media.
I know this sounds terrible, but I would rather see her stressed over school work than angsty about social media sites.

Carol - did you like Ellen's Barre? I thought it was well done - not over the top at all.

Christine - I think Michelle's daughter's workouts may be more like traditional yoga and Michelle's are more "yoga inspired" - that is what I found from doing her daughter's workouts.

Waves, Dana - the darn office gets in the way of too many things!

Donna
Old 02-04-20, 08:05 PM  
furmomof6

Donna, I think you're right, that it's more "inspired". I like that, so it works for me. I hope your co-worker will be okay too! I'm glad it sounds like your DD is doing better.

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 02-04-20, 10:54 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Waves, Dana - the darn office gets in the way of too many things!
Yes indeed, Donna. That darn work and office gets in a way of so many other important (and pleasurable!) activities in life!

I've been really enjoying my GHUTV subscription. The variety is huge and Chris is very encouraging even if she works me harder than I want to work out. Some mornings I just want to "phone it in" by defaulting to Leslie's walking workouts but I think I need to push myself a bit harder - especially with strength training.

This week I'm doing Chris' bands and walk/strength workouts but next week I've decided to loosely follow her Serious Strength calendar with hopes that I can do that for the rest of the month. The calendar calls for 30min of strength training most days which leaves me enough time for ePilates classes. I've previewed several of Serious Strength workouts and they're totally doable. We'll see how it goes.
Old 02-05-20, 06:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Jessica Valent Pilates - Wall Workout - this one was a mixed bag. While I can see the benefits of using a wall as a prop and for feedback - it, at times, was awkward - it also doesn't help that I don't have a ton of clear wall space in my house to accommodate this type of workout - and sometimes Jessica shows exercises that there is no way I'm going to do - although, in fairness to her, she always starts w/ a basic version that you can stick with while she goes on to more advanced options. Not sure if I will do this one again, but I wanted to check it out and some things were good, some bad, and some annoying!

Essentrics for later today!

Christine -yes, my DD does seem to be doing better - I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm glad she decided to challenge herself with a more advanced class, and, like I said, I'd rather her stress over school work than computer/social media stuff.

Dana - That rotation sounds good. I know I need to work on my strength training, too. At some point, I think I will check out Get Healthy U again. It seems there is a lot more than when I first subscribed a few years ago. 30 minutes is perfect for me these days as I also like to add on and split up my workout sessions throughout the day.

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna
Old 02-05-20, 10:21 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I did

Pilates Nest - Peace Love Pilates - 30 minutes
This was Smriti's new workout for the month and I really liked it. There was quite a bit of emphasis on the upper back and neck, with lots of stretches for those areas and some strengthening work as well.

We got an unexpected blast of snow yesterday afternoon that surprisingly made the roads a bit icy going home. The snow ended early, and I was dreading the drive into work this morning, with wind chills predicted to be in the low single digits or below zero. Much to my surprise, all of the metro-area schools and colleges cancelled classes for today, so we are home with a Snow Day. Hopefully the roads will be okay by in the morning for the drive to work. All of this after a high on Sunday of 78!

Donna - I did enjoy Ellen's Barre Conditioning workout! Of course, I'm worrying that I'm not doing "enough". I totally get where you're coming from regarding your DD. Sometimes those "creative" workouts are a little too creative for my tastes. I saw a clip from that workout on Facebook or Instagram and I wondered if it might be one of those.

Dana - I'll be interested to know what the Serious Strength workouts are like. I've been tempted by them since they are shorter.

Christine - I'm not much of a traditional yoga person either, but I do like Jane Adams' yoga dvds. I am sure not into woowoo yoga.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-20, 03:02 PM  
furmomof6

Hello everyone,

Walk
Shaped by Faith: Pilates with Props

I had only done this workout once before and that was a while ago, so it was like new to me. I think it's my favorite! Theresa announced today that she'll be selling her 13 workouts on DVD soon through her website.

Carol, that is some crazy weather. Ours has been up and down too, but not like that. We're due for snow and ice tonight and tomorrow. I'm with you in regards to yoga, no woo-woo for me either!

Donna, is that a new one from Jessica? I agree, it's better for DD to deal with real world stuff than social media drama.

Dana, glad you made some good streaming investments for yourself!