Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-01-20, 02:36 PM  
furmomof6

Pilates Cross-Trainers: February Check-In!

Starting us off for the new month!

I'm finishing out the week with a walk. Thanks for the encouragement about being consistent! I plan to get back to Pilates next week. I can't believe how much my back has been starting to hurt since I haven't done it.

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-20, 05:42 PM  
donnamp

Thanks, Christine for starting us off on a new month. I always forget about that! LOL!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-20, 09:02 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workout was

Ellen Barrett - Modern Intervals - 45 minutes

I enjoyed this streaming workout of Ellen's - The first 30 minutes or so consisted of intervals of low impact cardio and light weight work - nothing too over the top - and the last 15 minutes was combo moves with the weights. I did get sweaty, but not too bad. A nice workout.

And miracle of miracles - - the guy came and fixed my washing machine today! He even came before I left for the laundramat. Woohoo!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-20, 07:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Essentrics Barre - standing, barre, and barre stretch sections.

Carol - yay, I'm so glad the washing machine is fixed! I like Ellen's Modern Interval, too. Her streaming workouts, I find, are a bit easier than her Studio Workouts.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 02-02-20, 08:58 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Last night I added on

Ellen Barrett - Zen Stretch - 15 or so minutes

It is was a nice seated stretch, so I didn't have to work too hard.

Donna - Wonder if her in studio classes are also easier than her DVDs were? I've heard others say that Cathe's Live streaming workouts are generally easier than her DVDs.

Carol
Old 02-02-20, 11:03 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Checking in with:

GHUTV Walking Shape Up with Resistance Band - 50min
ePilates Stretch 1 Ubud Bali - 15min

I really enjoyed Chris' workout this morning. Definitely intermediate level for me and I worked hard but not too hard. I liked the use of resistance bands. Emma's ePilates stretch class was fantastic! I've done this one before and the scenery and the stretch felt divine! Loved it!

It's going to be sunny and low 50s here today. I think I'll make a run to Half Price Books and maybe stop at Trader Joe's to see what I can find. Then the Super Bowl and some great chicken wings and ribs for the Game. What's not to love?

Waves to all!
Old 02-03-20, 06:49 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday was an active rest day, so I did

Dog Walk - 30 minutes;
Jane Adams - Gentle Yoga: Evening Practice - 30 minutes

I really need to find a way to incorporate Jane's yoga practices into my daily routine. My body needs it.

Dana - Good job with the walking workout! I haven't done that one, but I did do the first one with weights, and it was definitely an intermediate workout for me. Chris is so encouraging.

Carol
Old 02-03-20, 06:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday afternoon I walked outdoors w/ DD.

This morning was Essentrics Rebalance Your Connective Tissue. DD has riding lessons tonight but it is going to be in the 60's today so I will get a walk in at work.

Dana - nice job! I like the resistance band stuff, too.

Carol - So funny, I was looking at my Jane Adams collection just the other day thinking about how I need to figure out where to put them in my rotation.

I'm in week # 4 of the Essentrics challenge - After that, I was giving some thought to the CocoLime Program. Although I will probably start it at Day 30 or Day 45 or Day 60 - the first 30 days of it are pretty light and I can probably start later in the program. I think I will try the cardio workouts once to see what I think - they don't look to be my cup of tea, but who knows. If I don't like them I'll sub something else.

That is the plan for now, LOL! The last week in the Essentrics program is longer than 7 days since it is a 30 day program, I think I'm done on the 11th with that.

Hope everyone has a good Monday!

Donna
Old 02-03-20, 02:47 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Walk
Faithful Workouts: Gentle Flow, Shalom

I'm not sure why Michelle categorizes this as "yoga" since it was basically a lot of stretching and Pilates (c-curve abs, single leg stretch, leg circles, bridges, etc). I liked it! The only drawback is that it was all music and no instruction, although I loved the songs she played. It felt good to do something different, and it's in the 50's today so the walk felt great too!

Carol, yay!! So glad your washer is fixed!

Donna, congrats on just about finishing the Essentrics challenge! I hope you get outside today too.

Waves to all!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-20, 05:15 PM  
fanofladyvols

Yay, a new month!

February 1 outdoor walk
February 2 CS 8005 Balance and strength; Happy yoga S1E5 Radiant bloom
February 3 Cathe Supersets Upper body blast premix; 3 week yoga retreat w#1 Core

I'm not sure if I'll be committed enough to finish out the yoga retreat daily but I'm going to incorporate it in as often as possible. I like his voice and instruction. I'm sure he probably talks too much for other people but I'm good with it and never had to crane around to figure out what to do because he was so clear and gentle in the introduction of different poses. It was a little heavy in the chair pose though.

The Happy yoga chair yoga was definitely different and maybe I liked it so much because of the sunflowers in the background. Who knows. But it's hard not to smile when someone tells you to smile your collarbones wide. That CS from season 8 was also very enjoyable.

Carol you win the appliance race! I'm so glad you were able to get out of another laundromat visit and before things got too ugly with the repairman.

Donna good for you following the essentrics challenge for that long. Maybe you will inspire me to stick it out with the yoga retreat ʘ‿ʘ

Christine gentle and different sounds great! Good for you.

Dana hope you enjoyed the Superbowl. I did. I made fajitas and guacamole so your chicken wings would have been an excellent addition

Happy Monday all !!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote