Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-06-20, 10:09 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, my DD does seem to like her job. She's been there more than a year and got a modest raise. Since it's full-time, they provide basic health care insurance. She's had enough other jobs (all part-time) that she appreciates this one. I hope you don't have cyclones!

I am taking my time recovering. Today it was almost warm - 60*ish. I wore a light sweater and quilted vest and was comfortable. Walked around Monterey doing errands. That was enough exercise for today.

Hi to Lynn and Diana.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-20, 10:36 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

No workout to report due to that equipment being in the office and then not having time later.

Seabliss Sounds like a wonderful Birthday! I'm not sure if there is any damage. We still have the fans and dehumidifiers going. I am worried about mold but we got the equipment in place pretty quickly. They are also suppose to put out an antimicrobial.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-20, 11:32 PM  
lynnf

Lauren's Shut up and Train 1. Another long day. Just a couple more to go.

Cheryl, sounds like a great birthday, and nice you had a nice shopping trip and dinner.

Diana, glad the shop is doing better. How are Ms. Connie and Brandon doing?

Cynthia, sounds like a nice day for a walk. It is really cold here, and we had a bit of snow. Weird since Sunday it was 75.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-20, 08:52 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Lynn I'm not sure if you saw my previous post about Ms. Connie. The cancer has returned and it's inoperable. It is on a blood vessel/artery () in the pancreas area. This is what normally happens with pancreatic cancer. So, they have decided to do a daily chemo pill as well as radiation. They discussed quality of life vs. quantity with the Dr's and they are all on the same page. She has lived a long life and now they want quality with the time she has left. She is doing well at this time. Brandon is doing well and finally got the job he has wanted. He will have a scan this month, I believe.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-07-20, 03:41 PM  
lynnf

barre 3, not such a good one, unfortunately.

Diana, I didn't see your post and I am so sorry to hear about Ms. Connie. Pancreatic cancer can be really rough, and it is sad that it came back in this way. Sounds like she is strong in the face of her situation. Glad Brandon is doing well.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-20, 04:23 PM  
seabliss

No workout today but lots of exercise. I like to take Friday as my rest day. However, we did have two showings today (one was just a realtor preview showing) that popped up, so I had to tear around and prepare in time. I got plenty of steps in yesterday; remarkably, almost 12k on my phone, for not going out all day. Today I think I will also have a lot of steps.

Cynthia, glad that your DD likes her job and the benefits that come with it. Health insurance is a great benefit. I hope you feel like you're returning to your normal health!

Lynn, sorry this barre 3 wasn't as good. It's frustrating that they are so inconsistent.

Diana, when do you think you will be able to get back into the shop? Still praying for you. Glad Brandon is doing well.

Cheryl
Old 02-07-20, 10:00 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Walked around shops today, mainly returning mail orders that I didn't want to keep. Now I'm so tired I can't stop yawning. I had planned to go to bed early tonight anyway. There's a soprano 2 sectional rehearsal tomorrow in San Jose that I've planned to attend. Fortunately it starts at 10:30 which is reasonable for me with the 75 minute drive. Mozart's Mass in C Minor is not a quick study.

Lynn, another VFer who moved way from handy studios tried Pure Barre streaming and was very disappointed at how repetitive it was, always the some movements. If I give up the studio I'll use my DVDs, which are quite varied. I really don't see why streaming should be worse than live classes.

Diana, I don't know why water heaters are like that. Several years ago, my water heater up & flooded & died. It was in the winter, so I couldn't live without it, and had an awful time getting a plumber over here. The company that showed up became my new favorite plumber. For once, an appliance perished under warranty -- I think there were 4 days left. Umlike my late dishwasher, which died 2 days after its warranty.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-20, 10:49 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I have never seen a hot water heater cause such a mess before. This has been a crazy week. Hopefully everything will be dried by the first of the week. The insurance adjuster is suppose to be out on Monday.

Lynn Ms. Connie is very strong. She is a blessing to all who meet her and a very special lady.

Cynthia Two days after the warranty is out? That's crazy! Yes, it's all frustrating.

Seabliss Hopefully this week we can get back to a normal routine. It actually depends on if it's dry. I really want to keep the dehumidifiers as long as possible.

Check-In: No workout to report. Equipment in the office makes it prohibitive.

About my DH. He has been struggling for a while now. He's better with the cough and congestion. But he's still struggling with pain, exhaustion, and weakness. He also has had some weird rashes. In the past he had some weird symptoms and he knew something was wrong. He asked to be tested for lyme. He was negative for lyme but positive for rocky mountain spotted fever. He has a Dr's apt this week and he is going to request to be tested for lyme again as well as anything else the Dr. thinks it could be. He has a lot of the symptoms for lyme. His apt is on Thursday, I'm going to see if he can get in sooner.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-08-20, 10:23 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-08-20, 08:52 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: 1 hour outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana