Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-20, 05:56 PM  
donnamp

Dana - I like Gina's workouts, too. Very upbeat.

Christine - good luck at jury duty.....I'm almost considering joining Robin again, too. But I really shouldn't, I have too many subscriptions going.

Cheri - I'm doing much better - the cold lasted about a week and half! Good job with your workouts.

Linda - I will see if I can post it - it is a PDF.....I'll try that later...

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 06:42 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Ugh - our power was out last night from 11 pm to 4:30 a.m. Although I was able to sleep through most of it - it wasn't a good sleep - b/c you know how it is when you know something isn't right in your environment - so I ended up skipping my morning workout. Maybe tonight when I get home from work I'll have the time/energy to do something. It is very windy out so not sure about walking at work today - but I can see how it goes.

Anyway - Linda - I think the PDF files are too big to upload here - can I e-mail them to you?

I'm still contemplating what to do in March. I want to up the cardio and strength but in a way that doesn't wipe me out or make me dread working out. Maybe it is time to try the CocoLIme program I purchased - I would probably modify some of it - I don't really like the looks of the cardio workouts....

Decisions, decisions...

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 02-27-20, 07:03 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workouts were:

Walk 15 - 5 Mile Walk: Mile 1 - 14 minutes;
Ellen Barrett - Ballet Sculpt with Weights - 20 minutes;
Pilates Nest - PNMC Stretch & Calm - 15 minutes

I really enjoyed all of these - the walk was led by Rocky, Kamillah, and Nadiyah - and there was a lot of energy in the room, to say the least. Ellen's Ballet Sculpt was calm - really nice music - and Smriti's stretch was nice as well.

Donna - bummer about your power being out. I have looked at CocoLime's stuff as well, but nothing about her cardio appealed to me.

Linda - there are lots of Walk Strong rotations. Do you know which one or ones you are looking for? If you are on Facebook and in the Jessica Smith Junkies private group, there are many rotations listed in the files there.

Cheri - Good to see you, and nice workouts! Wonder what Smriti has up her sleeve for March?

Dana - I LOVE workouts that are over before you know it - I need to pull these out since I'm trying to get more walking in. I thought our weathermen were the only ones who would forecast Snowmagaddon and then we would get next to nothing. Yes, I would love a job where I could report to the Board - "we're going to make $1,000,000 next year - and tell them the next month, "oh never mind" and still get paid big bucks or even have a job.

Christine - Jury duty!

Waves to Brenda ~

My back is a little better, and there are no new knots, so that's good!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 01:32 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Faithful Workouts: Stretching to the Hymns

So, I got dismissed from Jury Duty because once I heard what the case was about, it hit way too close to home with something my family and I went through a few years ago with the same hospital. I told the attorneys my experience and they agreed it was best to let me go. I wish I could be objective, but I just didn't feel I could be considering.

Carol, your workouts did sound very nice! I like how you put things together, it seems like a nice mix of gentle work and stretching. Glad your back feels better!

Donna, sorry you lost your power! I'm afraid that's going to happen today with the high winds here! It's scary how windy it is.

Waves to everyone!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 07:23 PM  
fanofladyvols

Hey Ladies,
3 week yoga retreat week 3 "balance" was on the schedule today and glad it was. The pose I had the most difficulty was revolving triangle. I'm not sure but I feel like I ought to repeat this workout before I move on. Not sure. Later did Cathe PS legs; Tracie SS#1 mobility.

Carol I don't have any rotation in my set so I was just curious in general. I also am not on Facebook.

Christine I'm sorry about your experience but glad you got out of jury duty.

Donna sure email me ..I'll pm you. Thanks!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 07:00 AM  
donnamp

hi Everyone,

Last night I did:

Trifecta Pilates - Feel Good Pilates

That was about all I had the time and energy for. We had a bit of a drama situation at work yesterday - my new boss was going to have all my work once again funnel through the person who was acting manager when I first started there - even though he and I are now peers. Anyway, for those of you who were around to listen to me complain about him when I first transferred over there, I knew it just wasn't going to work. It is not like me to make waves, but I had to this time - I told my manager it just wasn't going to work and, fortunately, she made the change and my work will go to her for review instead of him. If she hadn't changed her mind on that, obviously, I would have had to suck it up but I would for sure be looking to leave b/c I don't ever want to deal with reporting to someone like that again.

Ahhh.

And, today's workout was:

Leslie Walk 15 Mile # 1 - always good energy w/ Leslie
Trifecta Pilates - 15 Min High Energy Pilates flow

So...I think for March I'm going to borrow a bit from Carol and try to u my cardio. We are going through our busy season at work and I know there will be days when I can't get out to walk at lunch or to take a break, so I'm going to make more of an effort to get some cardio in regularly at home. I am also going to make use of my Trifecta Membership - I purchased a year at a discount in January and have barely used it. I'm not sure why b/c I enjoyed the workouts I did today and have enjoyed her stuff in the past. So, I think March will be walking & pilates focus with some other things thrown in from time to time. My DD indicated that she wants to start exercising to get stronger, so maybe she and i can do some strength workouts together from time to time.

Linda - Sent you an e-mail! I am also not on Facebook or any other social media other than VF. I have thought about joining w/ a fake name so I can take advantage of the groups - like Trifecta has a private FB group, etc. but I just never have....

Christine - nice work~ I think we need some sort of major repair here on our power lines - when I left for work yesterday they were all exposed on the ground w/ signs saying "don't touch" - my neighborhood is on the older side and I'm sure the infrastructure is breaking down now....I'm expecting one day they will just tell us the power is going to be out for a number of hours while they repair it - but likely it will be during the day when most people are not at home and it is much easier to plan for something like that if they tell you it is coming!

Carol - nice workouts - you inspired me!

Dana - I agree that Gina's workouts are a lot of fun - I don't click with all of them but the ones I like I really like

Waves, Cheri and Brenda...

Happy Friday -

Donna
Old 02-28-20, 07:04 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thursday workouts were

Dog Walk - 30 minutes;
KCM - 30 MTF: Strong & Lean - Workout 1 - 30 minutes

I've decided that I will do one heavier, traditional (non-barre) total body strength workout a week - and the Kelly's new Strong & Lean DVD was the one I chose. I didn't enjoy this workout - I did finish it and I'm not too awfully sore this morning - but there was absolutely no "fun" factor for me. I usually enjoy Kelly's stuff, but not this one. The music was worse than usual too.

Linda - I remember finding revolved triangle to be a tough pose, back when I did more serious yoga stuff. If you are like me, my balance is different every day - some days it's great, other days, not so great.

Christine - It was a good choice to excuse you from the panel. The object should be to get impartial jurors. My only jury experience was a dog bite case that had no business being in District Court - the parties should have settled and didn't. I thought the jury selection in that case was dreadful - the plaintiff left lots of people on that panel that he should have struck, but didn't. One of them was me (I'm a lawyer). I ended up being the foreperson and the plaintiffs didn't get a dime. Dumb move.

Waves to all ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 09:00 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Ellen Barrett Express Belly Blast - 42min. I have it on DVD but most, if not all of Ellen's workouts are on youtube in their entirety, including this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SZPnNPeL_E&t=562s

I haven't done this DVD in couple of years and it was classic Ellen: sneaky, sneaky, sneaky. It was a solid intermediate for me and I really enjoyed it. You get it all - 20min of low impact cardio, 10 min od strength and 5 min of yoga. Good workout!

Have to run to the office this morning. Waves to all!
Old 02-28-20, 09:58 AM  
donnamp

Hi -

Carol - I hear you on the lack of fun factor in such workouts....I keep trying to find one of that nature that I would enjoy....but nothing has jumped out at me recently!

Donna
Old 02-28-20, 02:10 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Faithful Workouts: Lake Powell Flow

I was thinking for March just following the Faithful Workouts calendar, but I'm sort of tempted by Ellen Barret now. Are the majority of her workouts on the shorter, gentler side, or is there a mix? I like her style but am not looking for anything to come even close to killing me, lol.

Carol, yes, I think they were thankful I was honest. When I worked as a paralegal I was able to sit in on some jury selections. It was interesting! I kind of missed it being there.

Donna, I do remember what you went through with that co-worker. I'm glad you said something and that you don't have to deal with him again! Good for you!

Linda, thanks! You are doing great with your Yoga retreat!

Waves everyone!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote