Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-20, 02:10 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: Denise ball & band day 7. I noticed there are no rest days, but today was all stretch moves. Did them at bedtime.

Had a singing lesson today. I'm really glad I found this coach. Very encouraging, all criticism is constructive and helpful. She thinks I will be ready to do I Know that my Redeemer Liveth for Easter. That's what we've been working on, after exercises & drills.

Cheryl, how did your stew turn out? My recipe (from a magazine in the previous century) has all the ingredients, raw, in a covered baking dish for 6 hours in a 250* oven. Never fails. I tried it once in a crockpot, but the beef wasn't as tender.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 07:41 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

I have a busy day today. I am having to do mechanics liens on vehicles today. People left trucks that needed a lot of repairs over the years and never came back to get them. I will have to go before the judge today to state our case. Some of these situations are 8+ years old. Hopefully no one will show up and it will be an easy process. More stress!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 12:51 PM  
lynnf

Skogg Power 1. This is heavy weight kettlebells. I liked it but wonder about the staying power, since Skogg chats about all sorts of things (like the party he went to last night) and I wonder how often one wants to hear that). No music, but you don't need that when doing strength. He shows you how to hook 2 kettlebells on one arm for one arm deadlifts, which is useful since I could use more weight and don't want to buy heavier kettlebells.

Cynthia, glad the singing lessons are going well and great you will ready for the song you are preparing. My dad is doing music therapy and that is one of the best things we are doing for him.

Diana, that sounds stressful. Can't believe people left trucks with you for 8 years. I always worry I will forget clothes at the cleaners, but to forget a truck! I guess they just couldn't come up with the money to fix it and just decided to ditch it with you. Good luck. I can imagine going to court is stressful. I was scared being called up for jury duty and I didn't even get picked.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 04:25 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

The judge sided for us. No one showed up, which was a relief for me. Praise the Lord! In April there will be a "public sale". I had to provide pictures of the trucks. The court will advertise the "sale". Someone could show up to bid/buy the truck. The charges/storage is more than the vehicle's worth, so I doubt anyone will want them. I have to show up for that. If there is no interest, they will send me a title.

Check-In: KCM's Lean Body Circuits, hi-lo, upper body w/8's, lower body w/8's ( I used all 8's this time)

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-27-20, 05:56 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, glad your day in court went well. I loved going to court and was kind of surprised that clients and witnesses didn't!

Lynn, for some DVDs I turn the sound off when I'm familiar with the moves and don't want the talking.

Cheryl, if your mom is interested in the Denise book, amazon doesn't have it but ebay does. Sculpt Your Body with Balls and Bands.
Old 02-27-20, 07:23 PM  
seabliss

Today was a long day, so I ended up with my go-to no stress workout: Jessica's Steady State Cardio. It was freezing outside with a cutting wind, so no outdoor walk.

Cynthia, I made this recipe (with a few more herbs). We had it tonight and really enjoyed it. I used the high setting on my crockpot and lean beef, but it's very tender. It's good because you don't have to brown the beef first or anything--just one step, probably like your recipe. Also, I will tell my mom about the book being on eBay. Thank you!

Diana, I'm glad court went well! Do you get the money from the sales, or only if no one comes to bid?

Lynn, I am kicking myself because Aldi had a new year kettlebell set with three bells of different weights for $20, and I didn't buy it. I will next year. I don't have enough variety now to do most kb workouts.

Cheryl
Old 02-27-20, 08:53 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

My mistake about Denise & rest days. Day 8 is family fun day/day off.
Check-in: day 9.
Old 02-27-20, 08:58 PM  
Diana3271

Seabliss If an outsider comes in and buys the truck, we will get the money. If that does not happen and we sell it on our own, we will keep the money. That recipe looks good.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-28-20, 08:25 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

DH will get fitted for his CPAP machine today. He is feeling better with the addition of the steroids. Praise the Lord for that!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-28-20, 03:21 PM  
seabliss

Diana, good news about your DH!

I was actually going to work out today even though I usually take Friday off, but I have that "I'm starting to get sick" feeling, with a rough throat and feeling very run down. I didn't get much sleep last night, so I'm sure that contributes. So it is a rest day anyway! Have a great weekend, all. Looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.