Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-20, 09:13 AM  
Cher

Vannie - How are you feeling today? Better I hope.

Gibbee - Hope you can eventually get some darn rest! Geez, I would probably die with your schedule.

JBliff - We’re expecting 3 - 6 inches of snow tomorrow. Ugh!

Karen - Funny when Gibbee sees your OT she thinks “Occupational Therapy” where as my first thought goest to “Overtime.” Lol
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-20, 11:29 AM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, ladies! I am much improved today although still moving slowly bc there's still some dizziness. I'll take it easy again today. It was such a weird day. Only drank just over 24 oz of water, never went outside and only ate a pudding cup and a cashew yogurt bar. I'm ready for some food today!

Cheryl, the biopsy sounds miserable! Hopefully everything comes back clear and the bruise fades quickly.

Gibbee, I'm with Cheryl, your schedule would do me in. That's nice that your DH pushed you to workout. I always appreciate when hubby does that for me.

JBliff, you have me looking forward to getting back on my elliptical!

Karen, is Orange Theory like Crossfit?
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-20, 10:04 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. I was going to run this am but it was raining so I went to OT tonight. Spent more time on the rower than usual which was a nice change.

Vannie I have never been to CrossFit and I may be wrong so please correct me anyone who knows. I think CrossFit is maybe more heavy weight focused. OT is cardio using weights and a rower, but also uses weights and you can go pretty heavy. You wear a heart rate monitor and try to get 12 “splat points” where your heart rate is 84% or over for 12 or more minutes. It has REALLY helped my running speed as it is HIIT based. I am definitely faster and I like it a lot.

Vannie I am glad your vertigo is getting better. That is so miserable.

Cher gosh I’m so sorry you had such an miserable time with your biopsy! Thank goodness it is over.

Jbliff we had a warm January which let the weeds start to flourish. Thank goodness February has been a little more normal.

Gibbee thinking of you and hoping you can rest at some point. Kardng
karjoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 06:11 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Fit Split Push Day strength portion only + 4DS Kickbox cardio portion.

Cher - I'm sorry to hear the biopsy procedure was such a bad experience. I hope it all turns out OK. Bummer about the upcoming snow.

Vannie - Glad you are feeling better.

Karjoy - I know nothing about CrossFit except what I've seen from the competitions on TV. It seems super intense.

Gibbee - I hope all goes well for your DH today.

Have a great day, everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 06:55 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was the warm-up from Cathe’s Lower Impact Step, then KCM Body Training warm-up and first 6 standing exercises, and about the first 5 or 6 exercises of the second section. Then did my own stretching. My legs are so sore today. I can definitely tell I have not been doing much exercise.

Vannie - Glad you are feeling better.

I don’t know much about Cross Fit either although I do have know a few people that do it.

Waves to everyone!
Old 02-26-20, 08:52 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: 25 minute brisk walk with some running intervals right after work. Did not want to do too much as a few of us are running 8 miles in am.

Night, kareng
Old 02-27-20, 09:08 AM  
JBliff

Quick checkin: My workout yesterday was a walk in town + a 20 minute yoga segment focusing on hip openers + 4DS kickbox abs + stretch.

Old 02-28-20, 07:56 AM  
Cher

Drive by....yesterday’s workout was Jessica Smith 6 Mile dvd....warm-up, Mile 1 Steady Burn and Mile 2 Upper Body Sculpt. I used the Cathe Band that came with my Fit Tower and surprisingly, I felt the upper body work really good. Then I did The Strong Knees and Hips Routine from her 5 Fat Burning Miles dvd then some stretches on my own.
Old 02-28-20, 09:32 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was LITE Stacked Upper Body + extended stretch.

Cher - I didn't realize (or forgot) that you bought Cathe's Fit Tower. Do you ever use it for your workouts?

Karjoy - Enjoy your run today.

Vannie - I hope you are doing better.

Gibbee - I hope you have a good business trip.

Is anyone freaking out about this Corona virus? I have had a bit of a scratchy throat the past couple of days and I'm thinking "oh no" .

Old 02-28-20, 10:05 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Weekend’s here. Yippee!

Went to OT tonight and did get in an 8 mile run yesterday.

I hope everyone is doing well. See ya tomorrow, kareng