Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-20, 08:27 PM  
Mickey12

Kittybug - woo hoo on changing the shape of those biceps! what an amazing visual confirmation and proof that you are fierce!

You can’t be serious that you don’t know anything about Michele Dozois, you’re kidding, right? She is another amazing instructor and her workouts are super fun, really great choreography. She will also kick your butt. I think you’ve got to try her Peak10 system.

IMAX was fun, hard and fun. I think that’s how I describe every Cathe workout. Fun and hard. Haha. It felt like what made the intensity blasts hard was the repetition. I was ready to be done and Cathe would say “we’re half way”. Yikes! But I finished the workout with modifications and it was awesome. The music was just ok and it seemed kind of low.

Overall, really good stuff!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 10:49 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Kittybug - woo hoo on changing the shape of those biceps! what an amazing visual confirmation and proof that you are fierce!

You can’t be serious that you don’t know anything about Michele Dozois, you’re kidding, right? She is another amazing instructor and her workouts are super fun, really great choreography. She will also kick your butt. I think you’ve got to try her Peak10 system.

IMAX was fun, hard and fun. I think that’s how I describe every Cathe workout. Fun and hard. Haha. It felt like what made the intensity blasts hard was the repetition. I was ready to be done and Cathe would say “we’re half way”. Yikes! But I finished the workout with modifications and it was awesome. The music was just ok and it seemed kind of low.

Overall, really good stuff!

Kim
I know on the 'We're halfway there' hah!!! Yep, hard and fun, fun and hard!

Nah, I have heard of Michelle Dozois but I don't think I've tried her stuff...but I swear I ~did~ have something of hers years ago when she was teaching with another gal (whose name I can't remember) and I think it was Pilates-related, but I could be wrong. Michelle has crossed my radar but every time I go to look at her stuff, I get really confused as to what is what! And I see mention of certain workouts being redone and/or repackaged and then I have no idea what I'm looking at!

Not asking to be enabled (oh, sure, I guess I am! ) but can you point me in the right direction of where I could go see this particular system you're talking about that KateTT mentions and Manleym seems to like too?
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 10:50 AM  
ChelePA

ChelePA can you compare Revd up rumble to Kickmax? That's the only Cathe kickbox workout I have.

Kick Max is a longer routine with Hiit and Leg Conditioning chapters. I find Rev’d Up Rumble more enjoyable. Kick Max has that hiit section that is quite intense. I will usually use that as an add-on. Rev’d Up Rumble is definitely an intermediate workout. I add weighted gloves for this reason. And the calorie crush really kicks it up a notch if you want to add that on to the main routine. Or use some of the premixes that scrambles it into the main workout. I also like the abs and extended stretch that is included.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 11:12 AM  
manleym

ROAR!! Kittybug's got some GUNS!!! You go GIRL!!! FIERCE!!!

I agree about Cathe's workouts. I may be sore the first time, but not so much the 2nd + time even though I really like the workouts and obviously do them! But Gym Styles don't get easier and I've liked that the splits are making me stronger and able to do longer weight workouts, especially splits which I have typically avoided.

Example, I didn't have much time for a workout yesterday so I did the MuscleMax Push/Pull upper body premix (33 minutes). It was a thorough workout - meaning all upper body parts were worked - but it wasn't enough.
I wanted more. I attribute this to doing Gym Styles for the past 3 weeks. A month ago I may have thought the premix was plenty, but yesterday I was wanting more. Part of it is probably the fact that the premix hits all of the upper body instead of focusing on 1 or 2 parts. So in 33 minutes you couldn't do that many reps/exercises for each upper body part. So that is a shift for me.

And I'm going to look for dark spots on my arms!!

Kim the ENABLER! HA!HA! But I totally agree with everything you said about Michelle's workouts! They are great!

And totally agree regarding IMax. Fun and hard with lots of repetition. I was SO READY to be done with those plyo jacks and Cathe says "we're halfway there." WHAT?!?! I'm ready to be DONE!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 12:55 PM  
Mickey12

Kittybug,

Not sure if this link will work since I'm not great with technology and computers.
https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Pea...kfitsystem.htm

But Mary has the Peak10 sets, either with the band or without the band. The band has really tough tension. You could substitute out something else, but if you want the actual workout experience, I would get the set with the band.

Enjoy browsing!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 01:01 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Mickey: Who says you should be slowing down in your 50s? I say go for it! Yes Cathe = fun and hard! And FUN!

Manley: I'd like to get some 12lb dumbells as I think I could go a bit heavier on the Peak workouts.

Linda: I love how you mix specific body part DVDs. Great idea!!

Kitty: You know I had heard of Michelle but until just about 4 months ago, had NEVER tried her workouts. I was enabled and now I have almost all of the Peaks. WOOOOO on the new muscle definition!!

ChelePA: that's a great comparison!! Thanks for adding that. I think KickMax is harder too.

So today I FINALLY did High Step Training! I got it yesterday and did not wait! Talk about a wicked and FUN workout. There it is again. Fun and tough and fun! LOVED this workout! I did preview so I knew what to expect and what weights to use.
Can you say LEG PRESSES? Just awesome circuit/combo workout. The cardio was intense but easy choreo and only on the small step with 2 risers. The rest of the moves are done on the small step with 5 risers. For my height (5'1") it as good.

If you have this one, try it. It is the hardest of all the High Step workouts from what I have read. High Step Circuit is beginner, High Step Challenge is intermediate, HST is advanced. Your legs will get worked a lot but Cathe did not skimp on the upper body. Core is worked within the other exercises.

Have a super day! Strong and fierce today girls!! You can do it!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 01:17 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Yep, Manleym, I'm adding Kim and KateTT into the enablers list with you, hah!!! And yeah, I'm so wondering how I'm going to feel doing some total body workouts next week versus the splits after the Gym Styles.

ChelePA, you and Bchgrl42 have inspired me...today I'm finally going to try MMA Kickbox which has been sitting on my shelf for ages, never used. I tried MMA Fusion back in December and LOVED it, so fingers crossed!

Kim, thank you for the link...I think...because now I'm down a TotalFitnessDVD rabbit hole....

KateTT, I so agree on High Step Training..it is no joke! Those one-arm triceps dips off the high step, holy moly!!! And yes, leg press extravaganza! I love it!
Old 02-27-20, 02:09 PM  
manleym

SERIOUSLY KateTT!! 12 pound dumbbells with the Peak workouts?!? You are SHE-WOMAN!!! I can't imagine doing any of Michelle's workouts with 12's!! JUST WOW!!!

Awww man!! HST is one of the FEW Cathe dvds I DON'T have!! Enable me my fierce friends!!

I think I'm going to do a kickbox workout today too! I don't have the MMA's, but do have all of Cathe's other kbox. I loves me some Rockout Knockout and 4 Day Split Kickbox!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 02:13 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
SERIOUSLY KateTT!! 12 pound dumbbells with the Peak workouts?!? You are SHE-WOMAN!!! I can't imagine doing any of Michelle's workouts with 12's!! JUST WOW!!!

Awww man!! HST is one of the FEW Cathe dvds I DON'T have!! Enable me my fierce friends!!

I think I'm going to do a kickbox workout today too! I don't have the MMA's, but do have all of Cathe's other kbox. I loves me some Rockout Knockout and 4 Day Split Kickbox!
Okay, I was watching some clips, and I have to say, KateTT, you are a BEAST. Seriously? I doubt I could get through those with 3's!!

Manleym, OMG...you MUST get HST!!! It is just an incredible cardio-strength workout that hits everything and hits it GOOD!
Old 02-27-20, 02:56 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Yep, Manleym, I'm adding Kim and KateTT into the enablers list with you, hah!!! And yeah, I'm so wondering how I'm going to feel doing some total body workouts next week versus the splits after the Gym Styles.
!
That's what I'm kind of doing. One week I'll do splits, the next week full body. To me, I know I get a good workout with total body, but I feel it more when I do splits. You know you just hit those targeted areas harder and longer.

Ladies you make me blush! I just use the weights that will challenge me. And I've been lifting heavy for a long time girls.
The first time I did a Peak workout I used 5s and 8s but too light. 8s and 10s are good but I'd like more of a gap between weights so 12s would be nice for my heavies. 15s are too much right now but Michelle claims she uses that weight when she's actually working out, not just teaching. But you really can't go too heavy just because of the pace and the moves. Too heavy could make for an injury not to mention it defeats the purpose of a high rep metabolic workout.

Manley you might need HST. Check out some previews.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in