Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-08-10, 01:45 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by D72 View Post
I totally didn't mean to imply that you specifically thought that. I was just yak-in' on about the workout (and some of the general issues that have been brought up about it in past threads) in general.
Oh, I know you weren't saying that. I just didn't want to turn any of our harder-core barre-istas away from this for fear of it being too easy. ("Easy" and "challenging" are so subjective...)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 01:52 PM  
D72

You're totally correct that those are so completely subjective.
D72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 02:02 PM  
TinaT

Ok.. well... I wasn't thrilled with it. I guess my attitude is a bit spoiled after having so many other barre routines. The leg segment was a blimp on the screen. I thought there would be much more, so I didn't even finish the entire workout.

Instead, I went totally off the "barre radar" and put in FIRM Volume 1 and did as much of Susan's floor work as I could possibly do and still have energy to make it up the stairs. Now, I feel like my lower body has been worked.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 02:49 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I have original BM - Designer Body and Fat Free, and never liked them because of the endless set up, and what I perceived a "wasted time". I was bored.

However, CYB, Accelerated Workout and most of all the latest- Dancer's Body are waaaay different than the original set. I really enjoy these, and so far, Dancer's Body is my favorite followed by the Accelerated Workout. As someone has already posted, my calves and other parts of my body are still sore 3 days after doing Dancer's Body. It's an awesome workout.

I don't have Barre3.
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 03:19 PM  
shortie

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg39 View Post
Burr does spend a LOT of time in setup, but I have done this workout so many times that I just add more reps..
What a great idea! I'm definitely going to do that -- instead of just rolling my eyes as she goes on setting up the next move.

I think these workouts feel very different from each other, so I'm not suggesting to keep one and toss the other. I was just really struck by the efficiency aspect, and having done Barre3 a few times really made it starkly clear how much empty space there is in Designer Sculpting.

My new BMs just got here today -- hoohah! so I'll have more to throw in the mix.
shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 06:12 PM  
psnave

I can also vouch that The Bar Method -- Dancer's Body is wonderful without any down time.

She gives great form tips while you are doing things, but you don't have any wasted time.

Hope that helps.
psnave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 06:13 PM  
psnave

Barre3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
Ok.. well... I wasn't thrilled with it. I guess my attitude is a bit spoiled after having so many other barre routines. The leg segment was a blimp on the screen. I thought there would be much more, so I didn't even finish the entire workout.

Instead, I went totally off the "barre radar" and put in FIRM Volume 1 and did as much of Susan's floor work as I could possibly do and still have energy to make it up the stairs. Now, I feel like my lower body has been worked.
psnave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-10, 09:32 AM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

I'm glad to hear that Dancer's Body has so little down time. I got rid of all my Bar Method DVDs - including Accelerated and Change Your Body - because I felt there was too much time wasted in talking and set up.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-10, 09:36 AM  
TinaT

psnave ~ Yes, I meant to say Barre3. Just didn't have the leg work in it that I thought it would have.. even for a basic/beginner routine.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-10, 02:07 PM  
moonbeam31

I like Barre3 Total Body Lift workout. I think there is just enough of each area worked. i am lightly sore in my thighs/glutes/obliques today after doing it yesterday. I like Sadie's instruction personality too.
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bar method, barre, barre3, tbm, the bar method