Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-16, 07:53 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

Jenilu - I didn't know Brett had a challenge going on for tight hips, I will have to look at that one.

BamaTanya - your plan looks good, and I have that Lesley challenge on my "to do" list.

I have never done a Joyce Vedral DVD, so I'm interested in hearing about those workouts for those doing them!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-16, 10:21 AM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hi,

Jenilu - I didn't know Brett had a challenge going on for tight hips, I will have to look at that one.

BamaTanya - your plan looks good, and I have that Lesley challenge on my "to do" list.

I have never done a Joyce Vedral DVD, so I'm interested in hearing about those workouts for those doing them!

Donna
I'm sorry, I think its on her subscription site, but I believe she will be posting some of them on youtube as well. If you look her up on yoga hackers at FB you could find out. I only know about Monday's so far, and it was really nice. I think her subscription is still really low too, but I'm not sure. It was around 8.00 back when I joined, but I don't know when its supposed to go up. She does a lot of personal stuff and online pose corrections and call/chats etc..(PS: I promise to check in later. I told you I'm bad at that, lol)

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-16, 12:59 PM  
donnamp

Thanks, Jenilu! I will check Brett's page and You Tube channel. There is a lot out there for her. I still need to do the Spring Detox challenge, LOL!

Donna
Old 06-08-16, 01:03 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Thanks, Jenilu! I will check Brett's page and You Tube channel. There is a lot out there for her. I still need to do the Spring Detox challenge, LOL!

Donna
The spring detox is AWESOME!! (and short). The Kundalini one is kinda hard and you'll feel it the next day- but there is NO chanting!!! I think its only 8 days long.

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
Old 06-08-16, 01:10 PM  
donnamp

I will put it on the list to do, Jenilu and also, I want to go back and either re-start or finish Adriene's Yoga Camp. I just love Yoga w/ Adriene. She may be my favorite instructor. The Holy Yoga workouts I was mentioning on our check in are very similar to Adriene's (at least the Gentle Flow and Slow Flow practices, I haven't done any of the Power Flows)

Sorry to get OT about the original intent of the thread!

Although, to keep it on topic, I may need to figure a way to get these yoga practices into my rotation for the summer!

Donna
Old 06-08-16, 01:22 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
I will put it on the list to do, Jenilu and also, I want to go back and either re-start or finish Adriene's Yoga Camp. I just love Yoga w/ Adriene. She may be my favorite instructor. The Holy Yoga workouts I was mentioning on our check in are very similar to Adriene's (at least the Gentle Flow and Slow Flow practices, I haven't done any of the Power Flows)

Sorry to get OT about the original intent of the thread!

Although, to keep it on topic, I may need to figure a way to get these yoga practices into my rotation for the summer!

Donna
I have a lot that I love, but they are probably my 2 faves. <3 With Lesley being in the top 5. They are good for rotations to do this summer, so kind on topic, lol
PS: I'm sorry Alison!

Old 06-08-16, 01:48 PM  
buffmama

Alternating S90 and UFC Fit weekly. Very hard with these.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-16, 02:19 PM  
carres1973

I just finished (on Sunday) the full nine week rotation of 22 Minute Hard Corps. DH and I started P90 on Monday. I am hoping I make it the full 90 days...I'm just not feeling it so far...My goals for all of my workouts are 1 - weight/fat loss and 2 - strength gains. Probably battling against each other with those two!!

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-16, 04:24 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
PS: I'm sorry Alison!
No worries!
As far as I can tell, you're all still on-topic!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-16, 04:30 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
This is my first time using a Joyce Vedral DVD. I've done 2 of her workouts this week (Just Thighs and Just Arms, which are on the same disc) -- so far, I'm wondering how I've missed out on these!

She's like Jari Love's NooJork-take-no-cr@p-aunt. Minimal equipment. Basic moves, though I have had to modify some moves that don't work for me, as well as adjust form. So far, I can see myself adding her to my high-reps favorites.

But if you don't like repetition...then she's definitely not for you! (The workouts I've done repeat sets, pyramid style, but I figure once I've done them a few times, I probably can put a tv show on in the background and zone out.) I also ordered a couple of different dvds, just to get a feel for the different workouts she has.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote