Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-17-22, 11:30 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
Where are you able to watch this?
I'm also curious about Northern Exposure and where to watch. Apparently there were issues with the original music so it couldn't be included in the DVD versions. I haven't been able to find it streaming anywhere. In college I took a film course and the instructor said that Northern Exposure was the only decent show on tv worth watching (at the time). I loved the show and would like to revisit it to see if it holds up.
Old 06-17-22, 12:59 PM  
sherry7899

My library has Northern Exposure on dvd but I hate being pressured to watch something in a limited time frame. I don't like it enough to spend money on the DVD set. I don't think I would watch it repeatedly.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-22, 08:29 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

Troppo on Amazon/Freevee - wow, just wow.

Quote:
I just finished Troppo. It's on freevee streaming through amazon. You can watch free with ads. I binge watched it. The first episode, I found the lead female character very annoying but it sucked me in from the start. There are only 8 episodes.
DH & I watched all 8 episodes in 3 days.

It was an exceptional but unconventional detective show.

You really have to suspend judgement on the crimes key characters are accused of to get into it but what superb acting performances.

I give full credit to Amanda Pharrell for her searing portrayal. Wow.

I'm thrilled they are up for a second season.
Old 06-17-22, 09:03 PM  
moonbeam31

Freaks and Geeks
Stranger Things
Cobra Kai
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-22, 09:41 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnP View Post
DH & I watched all 8 episodes in 3 days.

It was an exceptional but unconventional detective show.

You really have to suspend judgement on the crimes key characters are accused of to get into it but what superb acting performances.

I give full credit to Amanda Pharrell for her searing portrayal. Wow.

I'm thrilled they are up for a second season.
Oh yes! You described it so much better than I did. I love "unconventional" and "different" shows like this so much! It was so interesting and had so many stories while keeping me guessing at "who did it." I am SO excited about a seson 2. I actually binged watched it one 24 hour period. I'm a special education teacher so I'm out for the summer. I kept falling asleep and having to rewatch an episode. I woke up around 6 or 7, worked out., showered, put on clean pj's and stayed up until 3 a.m. to finish it!
Old 06-17-22, 09:43 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Has anyone watched the limited series "The Old Man" on Hulu starring Jeff Bridges? It looks Interesting.
I just started watching it today. I will finish eipsode 2 tonight. I liked it so far.
Old 06-17-22, 09:45 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
I discovered a series on Amazon Prime called Homecoming. I've only watched the first two episodes so far, but I find it intriguing. It's an intense psychological thriller.
I watched Homecoming and found it very interesting.
Old 06-17-22, 11:14 PM  
SpiritYogi

I just finished Candy (mini series on Hulu), which is based on a true story about a murder in Texas in 1980. I watched it because it had a lot of well known actors, including Jessica Biel, Justin Timberlake, Melanie Lynskey, and Jason Ritter. While I didn't hate it, I didn't really enjoy it either. It was...strange.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-22, 05:35 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
I just started watching it today. I will finish eipsode 2 tonight. I liked it so far.
Thank you!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-22, 06:14 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

For those with Apple TV, check out the show "Home". Each episode is about a different very unique home someone built. They do a great job of weaving in the family story with the details of the architecture. It's a great escape if you like that sort of thing.

Tags
binge watch, binge-watching, coronavirus, covid-19, favorite tv shows, kanopy, off topic