Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-05-18, 07:37 AM  
PennyK

Anyone doing Jane Fonda workouts?

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-18, 09:10 AM  
Demeris

I do her walking workout a couple of times a month--usually when I have a busy day ahead of me. I find her calming and encouraging, even though her walks aren't very challenging. I have several of her other workouts, recent and old, but I never seem to remember them when I choose what to do that day.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-18, 09:25 AM  
PennyK

Old 04-05-18, 09:28 AM  
LizEMA

I'm going to presume that, since you're asking about her workouts, you don't mind the dated look/feel to them, so no "leg warmer disclaimer" is needed.

My all-time fave of Jane's was her Complete Workout. It was split between both strength/toning work and cardio, and, IIRC, it was about 30 mins of each. (It's formatted with the UB work 1st, then the cardio, then the LB, as, if my memory serves me correctly, Jane had intended one to do the cardio portion everyday, alternated with the UB and LB.

My other favorite was Lean Routine. (You might want to prepare your eyes for the thong get up Jane is sporting. ) She intended this to be an "interval" WO, but, the premise wasn't executed properly, IMHO, so it ends up just being a pure steady state cardio. It's 60 mins, but Jane set it up so one could do just a 20 min WO (stop after the 1st 20 mins), a 40 min one (START after the 1st 20 mins) or the full 60 mins.

I also really liked her Favorite Fat Burners, which took segments from the two above WOs and her Low Impact WO and Light Aerobics & Stress Reduction Routine. This was my very 1st Jane and what led me to seek out all of the above WOs.

I also really like her Low Impact WO and her 1st two releases, her Original WO and her New WO, if for nothing else other than to just having some fun moving around!

I love the music in almost ALL of Jane's WOs , and, quite honestly, it's probably the biggest factor in my affinity towards her offerings (esp. the latter 3 as they never provided me with the challenge I am accustomed to/look for in my WOs). Plus, seemingly in direct opposition to most opinions, I love the retro look and feel of her WOs. So, take my choices with that in mind coupled with the disclaimer that I rarely do any of them anymore.
Old 04-05-18, 09:32 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

During a sale at Mary's, I purchased her Low Impact workout (an old favorite) and her newer Firm & Burn, which I really enjoy. Three low impact cardio workouts with a live jazz ensemble. It's a little silly and senior-y but fun. I was doing them before my foot surgery and can't wait to get back. I have her Easy Going Workout (I think it used to be called Prime Time) on my wish list.

Her other "new" ones (2011), Fit & Strong and Tone & Flex, are too similar to other workouts I already own, and too low key.

I loved her old school aerobics back in the day and those videos whipped me into shape. Sadly, these days my heart says go but the body says no.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-18, 09:35 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
Are her newer workouts comparable to Maribai Holland?
Hmm, that's a good question. I'll have to see if my library has any of the 2011's and compare to my Mirabai workouts.
Old 04-05-18, 11:53 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Hmm, that's a good question. I'll have to see if my library has any of the 2011's and compare to my Mirabai workouts.
From memory, I would say they are comparable in intensity. However, I like Jane's workouts so much more. I find her demeanor so encouraging and she just has perfect stage presence (from being an actress, I presume).

Mirabai's workouts are just sort of average in every aspect, nothing really stands out.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-18, 12:21 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

This discussion caused me to go and look at clips of ones I don't have.

Jane's Complete Workout brought back such great memories, and it looked surprisingly doable for me now - especially with the great low impact modifier right up in front. Amazon has it for under $6.00 with Prime, so it's on the way to me.
Old 04-05-18, 12:24 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
From memory, I would say they are comparable in intensity. However, I like Jane's workouts so much more. I find her demeanor so encouraging and she just has perfect stage presence (from being an actress, I presume).

Mirabai's workouts are just sort of average in every aspect, nothing really stands out.

Kim
Now I might have to get those other 2011 workouts next time Mary has a sale.
Old 04-05-18, 12:52 PM  
PennyK

Tags
favorites, jane fonda